Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Flux ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Flux

by Rose Thorne

A Star Trek: Voyager/YYH crossover

~STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY~

Chapter 2
Kurama blinked as he exited the portal with Hiei. This isn't the Ningenkai... he thought, confused. What happened? They had emerged in a cold, sparse room that seemed to be entirely gray. The stangest thing was the windows. They looked out on...nothing. Total blackness, except for a few points of light. The people in the room looked extremely frightened by their sudden appearance. They're ningens...I think... There were a few very odd-looking people in the crowd, none of them possessing ki.

The kitsune grabbed Hiei's shoulder as the fire demon unsheathed his katana. "Hiei...In case you haven't noticed, we're outnumbered. And this is definitely not the Ningenkai."

"Being outnumbered has never bothered us before, stupid fox!" the youkai growled at his companion. Dammit...He's right! We don't even know where we are!

A hissing sound was heard, and a door opened in the wall. A group of people stepped in, carrying objects that looked very much like guns. They pointed them at Kurama and Hiei.

"Hiei," Kurama whispered as he felt the fire demon tense. "Put your katana away..."

The fire demon stared at the redhead. "Nani?! No!" He looked shocked at the idea.

Kurama tightened his grip on the sanjiyan's shoulder. "If you don't, they'll shoot us. You may be able to dodge it, but I might not! We don't know what kind of guns those are! Do you want me to be killed?!"

Hiei flinched minutely. I hadn't thought about that...Damn! He sheathed his katana, refusing to look at Kurama.

Less than a second later, all hell broke loose.

* * *

Neelix stared as a light flared near one of the windows. What's that?! Two boys appeared, looking confused. One had long, red hair and large green eyes set in a face that might make some people mistaken him for a girl. The other one was very short, with jet black hair and a startling white starburst above his forehead. He looked young, but Neelix knew well enough that looks could be deceiving. The smaller one pulled a sword from behind his back in a movement so fast that Neelix could barely see it. The Talaxian tapped his communicator slowly. "Neelix to Security," he whispered, his voice shaking slightly as he said two words that everyone on Voyager had come to dread. "Intruder alert!"

The long-haired boy put a hand on the smaller one's shoulder, mumbling something that Neelix couldn't hear. I probably wouldn't be able to understand it, either... the Talaxian conceded. The small one said something that was, again, inaudible.

Just then, the door to the Mess Hall opened and a security team led by Commander Tuvok entered, carrying phaser rifles. The black-haired intruder raised his weapon slightly, but turned his head toward his companion as the redhead said something. The boy retorted angrily, but the redhead cut him off, also angry. The black haired boy looked startled. The weapon disappeared.

A phaser rifle went off as the weapon disappeared, and the redhead collapsed. His small companion looked shocked for an instant. Then the weapon reappeared in his hand. He yelled something in a strange language, but didn't have a chance to move as five phaser beams slammed into him. The boy was propelled back into the wall. He slid to the floor, the sword slipping from his fingers.

Tuvok calmly tapped his communicator and ordered that the intruders be transported to Sick Bay for observation.

As the two boys disappeared, Neelix hurried up to the commander. "What are you going to do with them, Mr. Vulcan?"

Tuvok looked at him expressionlessly. "That, Mr. Neelix, is for Captain Janeway to decide." He left the Mess Hall.

The crew members mulled around for a few minutes, then went back to what they'd been doing. Neelix sighed. I wonder what will happen to those two boys...

* * *

Back on Earth, centuries earlier...

* * *

Yuusuke watched as Kuwabara exited the portal. Now to wait for Kurama and Hiei... the ningen thought to himself. He'd never quite trusted the portals, and he usually waited until his entire team got through before leaving. Not that I'd be able to do anything if something went wrong, he thought angrily to himself.

Kuwabara looked at the portal with a strange expression on his face.

Yuusuke glanced at him. "Nani? What's wrong?"

The psychic ningen scratched his head. "Something doesn't feel right..." he muttered. "But I don't know-"

The portal suddenly exploded! Yuusuke and Kuwabara were propelled backward a few feet, but Yuusuke jumped up immediately. "KURAMA! HIEI!"

Kuwabara wrinkled his nose. Instead of being electric-blue like it normally was, the portal's aura had become an angry red. The carrot-top gasped and grabbed Yuusuke's arm. "Yuusuke...The portal's aura!" His half-demon friend stared at him. "The Netherworld!"

Yuusuke gaped at him for a moment. "The Netherworld?! NO!" he yelled. It can't be the Netherworld! "But...If it's the Netherworld, then..."

Kuwabara looked away. "Then they're probably dead. I don't feel their ki. It started to come out of the portal, but it's gone!"

Yuusuke blinked. "Kurama...and Hiei...They can't be dead! I don't believe it!"

"Yuuuusuke!!" a familiar voice yelled. "Yuuuusuke!" Botan landed in front of them, breathing heavily. "Yuusuke, there's a problem."

The ningen lowered his head. "Yeah, I know. Kurama and Hiei..."

Botan blinked. "How...how did you know?"

Kuwabara spoke up. "They're dead aren't they." It wasn't a question. "The Netherworld did it, ne?"

Botan flinched. "We don't know if they're dead or not...But it does involve the Netherworld..." The two boys looked at her expectantly. She looked away. "Well...Koenma can explain it better. Hop on." The boys just managed to grab her oar as she sped away.

Well, I'd say that this series is off to a decent start, ne? *rubs hands together with an evil grin* As you can see, I'm managing to torture all three groups here...I love writing fanfics! Anyhoo...This fic will be ongoing, and I'll probably re-write future Voyager eps (until the series ends :( ) to suit my purposes. Don't expect this series to end anytime soon (even if they manage to get back to Earth...). Flames and comments are welcome unless they consist of homophobic dribble, so e-mail me!