Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Flux ❯ Chapter Eleven ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Flux

By Rose Thorne

A Star Trek: Voyager/YYH crossover

~~STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY!!~~

Chapter 11
Kurama gently shook Hiei, waking the fire demon. The Jaganshi blinked at him blearily. "You've been asleep for ten hours, Hiei. You need to get up and eat something."

"Hn . . ." Hiei yawned widely and stretched, then slid out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom, still partially asleep.

Kurama chuckled, replicating his friend something to eat. When Hiei exited the bathroom, the fox handed him a cup of hot cocoa. "Awake?"

"Hn." The Jaganshi sipped his hot cocoa. "Getting there."

Kurama smiled. "Dinner is on the table. I was going to replicate sushi, but the replicator doesn't know how to make it. So we're having pizza again."

"Hn. You'll have to show Neelix how to make it." Hiei grabbed a slice of pizza. "Besides, that stupid machine would never make it as good as you do." The fire demon's eyes widened slightly as he realized what he had said. Damn loss of control . . .

"Thank you, Hiei." The fox grinned. "Now I know who kept raiding my refrigerator."

Kurama swore he saw Hiei's face turn a shade darker. The fire demon took a bite of pizza, then sighed. "Well, what was I supposed to do? Koenma chewed me out about stealing and using Makai coins. Besides, you expected it. I'm not stupid."

The fox grinned, taking a bite of his own pizza before answering. "I know. I always made enough for you. For a while you looked like you were going hungry, but I knew you wouldn't take charity." Kurama chuckled softly. "Unless it was 'sweet snow,' of course."

Hiei shrugged. "I was paranoid."

Hiei having a heart-to-heart? "I know. You changed, though." And you still are . . .

The sanjiyan sipped his cocoa. "I got sick of it. I figured, if I misjudged, oh well."

Kurama smiled. "You didn't misjudge."

Hiei smiled slightly. "I know." He looked away. "First time in my life. I guess I stopped trusting my own judgement . . ."

"I know how that goes. You just stop trusting everyone."

"Aa . . ." They sat in silence for a few moments, then Hiei picked at his clothes, looking self-conscious and somewhat uncomfortable. "You said before that you replicated some clothes for me . . ."

Kurama nodded. "Hai. They're in the closet." The fox got up. "I know you like black, so I pretty much replicated something similar to what you usually wear." The fox walked to the closet, not noticing Hiei's shocked look. The fire demon followed him, watching silently as Kurama opened the closet door. "There."

Hiei swallowed hard as he looked in the closet. Inside were nearly ten outfits, almost exact clones of the ones that he had left in the past, and the one that had been destroyed. "Why did you do this . . .?"

"What?" Kurama stared at him, confused until he saw the look on his friend's face. "Hiei . . ." The fox realized that Hiei looked like he was about to collapse and led the fire demon to a chair. "Hiei? What's wrong?"

The Jaganshi stared at him for a moment. "I don't get you . . ."

Kurama frowned at Hiei, shocked. "Nobody's ever given anything to you before, have they?" The fire demon looked away. Kurama put a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Get used to it, Hiei. It's something friends do."

Hiei blinked at him. "I don't have anything to give back . . ."

"Yes, you do." Kurama smiled. "Your trust is the most precious thing you could ever give me, and you already have." He sighed and ran his hand through Hiei's hair, mussing it slightly. "Go get your shower."

The fire demon glared at him--the look without it's usual heat--and got up. He smirked suddenly "Yes, mother." Kurama hid a grin as his friend grabbed an outfit from the closet and went to take his shower.

Kurama finished his pizza and yawned. I'm so lethargic . . . I should probably do something about exercise sometime . . . The half-youko lay down, deciding to take a quick nap, and was immediately asleep.

Okay . . . Filler chapter. I know, I know. I said I was taking a break. But I got to sit and swipe ID cards at work the other day, and there were these scraps of paper just begging to be used, so here you go. Lots of you guys said you enjoyed my last author's note. *rubs back of head Sanosuke-like* Hehehe . . . I'm glad. I have another thing for you people to enjoy. Here's a little extra: The reason Hiei is the Uke:

Hiei: "My hair's spikier!"
Kurama: "Mine's redder!"
Hiei: "I've got the kokoryuha!"
Kurama: "I'm taller!"
Hiei: "I'm . . . darn . . . I really wanted to be on top this time too . . ."

Yes . . . I am demented . . .