Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Free My Soul ❯ Madness ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Free My Soul: A Suicide Tale

Disclaimer: YYH belongs to someone, but it's not me so you can't sue, I just happen to be
using these characters to suit my twisted designs, the only thing I own in here is my OC, Miyoh Urameshi.

Key
*thinking*
"talking"
*thoughts progressing into speech"
//telepathy//
'substitute for italics'

Chapter Four: Madness

::2:00am, Kurama's house::

Hisses of pain can be heard from Kurama's bedroom, where Yusuke currently resides. Kurama, in a guest room down the hall, hears him and gets up, going to check on his poor friend.

"Yusuke, are you alright?" he asks, knocking on the door softly. There's no answer. "Yusuke?"

He pushes open the door and goes into the room, seeing Yusuke sitting on the floor and facing the window, he hadn't noticed his entrance, and Kurama's eyes widen as he catches the faint smell of Yusuke's blood. Then he notices a dark stain on the back of his shirt, partially illuminated by moonlight.

"Yusuke, are you hurt?" he asks again, going over to the unresponsive boy and tapping him on the shoulder. He winces in barely contained anguish and turns to stare at Kurama, tears in his eyes. Kurama 'tsk's' lightly and takes off Yusuke's shirt to see which wound or how many, had reopened.

Yusuke just sits silently, letting him remove the soiled bandages and spread some more salve over the wounds, trying not to make a sound.

"Why?" comes the almost inaudible question from him a few minutes later.

Kurama understands its meaning at once.

"I don't know Yusuke, I just don't know." he replies, folding the dirty bandages together and going to find him another shirt along with some more clean bandages. "Try not to move until I come back."

Yusuke just sighs, sitting there and reliving some of the worst moments in his life, like the time when he was 12 and his sister tried to drown him, she said it was on accident, but he knew she'd mean't it, and would've succeeded if a neighbor hadn't came over and asked what was going on.

*Maybe I, 'would' be better off dead." he thinks as Kurama reenters, raising an eyebrow.

"Who or what would be better off dead?" he asks, sitting down behind Yusuke and beginning to wrap the bandages around the boy's torso.

Yusuke stiffens, realizing his slip and shakes his head.

"Noone, just...don't worry about it." he whispers as Kurama finishes and hands him the shirt.

Kurama sighs, nodding.

"Yusuke, when you're ready to talk, I'll be here okay?"

Yusuke doesn't respond, Kurama just sighs again and exits, quietly pulling the door shut behind him.

"I hate that jajauma, but she's right, I don't belong here, I 'should' just die." Yusuke tells himself morosely, his Ma-zoku tattoos flashing in his misery before disappearing under the cloth of the shirt he's now slipped over his body. He doesn't go back to bed, just sits there staring up at the sky, too depressed
to notice Kurama's ki flaring in ire outside the door.

::2:45am, Yusuke's house::

'Scree, scree, scree...'

Miyoh lay in her bed, covers wrapped tightly around her body as she sweats heavily.

"Yusuke..." she whimpers, the Jagan eye staring at her in her dream.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

It was getting closer, the figure, the person with the sword.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

She could hear it, it was near her now.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

The covers constricted around her sweating body more as she writhed in fear.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

She could see the person, not clearly, just someone swathed in black.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

That eye was glaring at her with such hate, maliciously it seemed.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

There was that figure again, she seemed to recognize him.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

She did, she knew, it was Yusuke!

'Scree, scree...'

He was right next to her bed now, the sword raised above his head.

"Yusuke!" she screams, her eyes flying open as she awakens suddenly. She looks to the side of the bed...and sighs, he wasn't there, it was just a horrible dream. After all, why would Yusuke have a sword? Much less know how to wield it, she laughed at the absurdity of the sight.

'Scree...'

She looks at her bandaged arms, they've started bleeding again. That eye was engraved in her mind and Yusuke was going to kill her.

She shakes her head, laughing again and goes to change the bandages.

After all, he wouldn't kill her would he? It was just her mad imagination running
away with her again, creeping up on her...just like that eye, like that sound.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

Then again...

The dark figure unnoticed outside her window had 'other' ideas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anaki: Ahh, new chappies rock.

RC#16: Oooh, is she gonna die?

Anaki: Dunno yet, seriously contemplating it though, depends if anyone thinks she deserves it, I know I do.

RC#16: I think she should!

Anaki: -_-...Well that's two people.

RC#16: While she's thinking, which is very rare, you should review.