Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Gone is not GONE. ❯ You're seriosuly reading this? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Shantoko Ryu, this is your final warning!"
The police commander was at his wit's end. He prayed that this be the final confrontation between him and the thief - in a way, it came true.
Ryu disappeared in a flash of smoke to reappear on the roof of the gorgeous building - a purpled version of the Taj Mahal, from whihc Ryu had stolen the most priceless ivory carvings in the country. The Indian officer was sick and tired of the foolish Chinaman.
"So long forever - Gupta, 's been great! Sleep tight!" He saluted the force left-handed in mockery, and disappeared from the continent forever is a flash of smoke. The exceptional police force gazed into the night. Helicopters, French detectives, British police, floodlights, cars, and a single tank languished at the scene. It was then that Gupta realized that they had defeated themselves - in either underconfidence that had stopped them, or just pure oversight, there wasn't a single paddy wagon.
The man that had ravaged the Known World was gone forever.




Japan, 23 years later:



"Like it or not, Detective, you can't stop me from eating this girl!"
"Maybe, maybe not, but I will sure as Hell make you regret it!"
A preteen girl was trapped behind an annoying guy in a trenchcoat. He'd looked normal at first, but after refusing to follow him to her indubitable doom, Sayoka Ryu was faced with a really ugly lizardy thing (Hey, she's twelve. Eleoquence is not to be expected.) Now his back had her pinned to the wall. She was afraid that if she tried to dart out he'd make a quick snack of her. Every time she shifted, he followed suit, covering her enough to keep her there - but not enough so that the 'detective' had a clear shot. From the large portion of smoking wall, she figured he needed about a yard between her and her captor for that.
And it was getting hard to move, what with her bulky leather boots and his ...tail...
Which she stepped on immediatly - before he could fully turn, she kicked his knee as hard as she could, given the situation. He fell over and then immediatly got back up.
"That was...really stupid, right..?" She braced herself against the wall, trying to cover as much soft, vulnerable tissue with concrete as possible.
Howeve, her kick did have a useful side effect - lizard-boy was DIRECTLY in front of her, making him a perfect target for the Rei Gun.
"Will someone please get this bleeping bleep off of me?!"



Sayoka woke up. Yesterday's events ... hazy....
Lizard. Snack. Kick. Rei gun. Right.
"Mom?"
"Yes, honey?"
"Can I just thank you for passing on your spell resistant genes to me?"
"Why, certainly, honey!"
"Thanks a billion, Mom. I love you."
'Now I have possible blackmail material. If I can figure out how to use this without being killed...'