Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Grandkids? ❯ Grandkids? ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is just a cute one shot that I thought up about how Shiori feels when her son's wife becomes pregnant. Shiori's POV
 
I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho.
 
 
I smiled as my one and only son tried to get away from his step father as he rustled his hair. His step father was beaming with pride and my daughter-in-law's face was a lovely red.
 
I don't think Anya had expected to tell us right away but Suichi had never been good at keeping secrets. I'm sure Anya now knows that. She laughed as Suichi dodged his step father again but then found himself caught by his younger step brother.
 
“When can I baby-sit?!” the younger Suichi demanded causing my son to laugh and scratch his head and I knew he didn't want to give him that responsibility yet. I smiled and went over and hugged Anya.
 
“Congratulations.” I whispered. She smiled a small smile before she received a hug from Nobuhiro ( AN: I don't know his name) and then from the younger Suichi. She laughed and agreed to let Suichi baby-sit as long as I or Nobuhiro were around until he was fifteen.
 
He seemed happy with that and then ran off back up to his room no doubt to play his video game and to wait for us to call him down for dinner.
 
After dinner Suichi came in and helped me with the dishes. He seemed a little melancholy and I studied him as I put the dishes back up in the cupboard, he didn't seem to realize that he had stopped washing and was now staring out the window and into the backyard.
 
“Suichi-san, you'll go cross eyed if you keep staring.” I whispered putting an arm around his shoulders, he was so tall! He looked down at me and I saw fear in his eyes as he sat down at the kitchen table.
 
“Mother…I'm scared to death.” he said, I suppressed the smile that was trying to make its way onto my face. He was suffering father syndrome, his father had done the same thing. But I had to be understanding.
 
“What of?” I asked. I knew what but I thought it best to let him tell me himself what was wrong and why he was so nervous.
 
“Mother…I don't think I can do this. I mean I'm about to be a father! Responsible for another human being's life!” he was looking down at his hands and he looked up at me when I covered them with my own.
 
“Suichi-san, you are a wonderful son and I'm sure you'll make an excellent father.” I said with a smile he still looked uncertain though and I sighed before patting him on the shoulder.
 
“If you're so worried, you should talk to Anya. She loves you deeply and I'm sure she'd understand. After all she's in the exact same position you are.” I told him, he smiled and hugged me before walking out of the room.
 
 
* * * * (9 months later)
 
The phone rang and I sighed before standing up and picking it up. “Hello?” I said into it wondering if it was work again, I wish they'd try to fix their own problems before calling me.
 
“Hello? Shiori-san?” I recognized Keiko's voice immediately, she had married one of Kurama's friends not to long ago. And I believe that she threw the baby shower for Anya a few weeks ago.
 
“Hello, Keiko-chan, is everything alright?” I asked wondering why Keiko would be calling the house when she knew that Anya and Kurama wouldn't be here.
 
“Shiori-san, Anya-chan has gone into labor! And Suichi is driving Yusuke bonkers!” I laughed before saying I'd be down there within a few minutes. Suichi had been getting more nervous as Anya's due date had drawn closer, but she was a good week early and I could imagine how my son was reacting.
 
When I got to the hospital what I saw sitting in the family waiting room made me want to laugh out. Yusuke had hold of one of his arms while the boy name Hiei had hold of the other one and they were holding Suichi down in his chair.
 
I saw Hiei's wife with their twins, Sanosuke and Hina, sitting beside Hiei and she was attempting to keep them from running around while their father kept Suichi from jumping up and no doubt attacking the next doctor that came by.
 
I went over and Yusuke stood up and I sat down in the vacated seat and put my hand on Suichi's knee and smiled at him, he seemed to calm down and Hiei let go of his arm and turned his attention to his son who was currently biting his boot.
 
“Sano! Quit that!” his mother cried and Hiei started to pull his son off of him, I smiled as Suichi gave a small laugh and then the boy smiled.
 
“Uncle laugh!” the girl squealed in delight, Suichi looked over at me and I smiled giving his knee a pat.
 
“See, what are you so nervous about? Anya is very healthy and she's been eating good…although some of those late night calls of yours to see if I had ingredients were a little odd…anyway I'm sure she and the babies will be fine.” I hadn't realized what I had said until it was too late.
 
“What do you mean…babies?” he whispered, Rei, Hiei's wife, closed her eyes and sighed, I really had stuck my foot in my mouth, all the way down to my stomach even.
 
“Suichi, she didn't want us to tell you…she's carrying twins. A boy and girl I believe was what she said, wasn't it, Shiori-san?” Rei said, I nodded.
 
“I…I..” Suichi seemed in capable of speech as he looked down at his hands and once again I covered them with mine and he looked up at me with the same frightened look and I brushed the bangs out of his eyes.
 
“You will make a great father.” I whispered.
 
“Mr. Minamino? Your wife has given birth to a beautiful baby girl.” a nurse came in and Suichi stared as the nurse helped him hold the little girl that had inherited his red hair.
 
“And a handsome baby boy.” I took the baby and everyone crowded around us as Suichi stared in wonder at his children.
 
“They look weird!” Sanosuke said from where Hiei held him, the man ruffled his hair and smiled at him.
 
“You looked like that too, when you were first born, Sano.” Hiei said.
 
“If you'll follow me I'll take you to Mrs. Minamino.” the nurse said, we all moved around and followed the nurse out, Suichi was still in shock and almost dropped the girl as she gave a small cry of distress.
 
“Calm down, Suichi. She can sense that you're nervous.” Rei said, Suichi nodded and I smiled as he looked down into eyes that were the same deep blue that Anya's were.
 
When we got into the room I went over and gave her the son that she now had, she smiled with tears in her eyes as Suichi went over and showed her the baby girl.
 
“So…what are their names, you two?” Kuwabara asked as Yukina took the baby boy as Anya held her out for the blue haired girl.
 
“Kira…and Kurama.” she looked up at Suichi whose eyes went wide and he smiled before nodding.
 
 
Kurama's POV
 
 
I had been so nervous. But the names that she picked suited me fine. I was no longer Kurama for I wasn't a Reiki Tentai anymore. The others would no doubt call me Kurama still and call him lil' Kurama or something. But I thought it was a good way to name them.
 
“I'm so tired.” Anya said as she stroked Kira's cheek and our daughter gave a small laugh before trying to wiggle away from her mother's finger.
 
 
Shiori's POV
 
 
I watched from the nursery window as they place my grandchildren in their cribs. My son had his own family now, I look down at the pieces of paper that I held before walking into the room and handing them to the nurses, I then return home. To my own family, waiting for my son and daughter-in-law and grandchildren to return as well.
 
Kira Minamino
Born: May 28
Gender: Female
Parents: Suichi & Anya Minamino
 
Kurama Minamino
Born: May 28
Gender: Male
Parents: Suichi & Anya Minamino
 
My grandchildren. My little angels were finally here.
 
THE END!