Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hakida? ❯ What happened to Hiei? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
: I kissed her

: I kissed her! : Hiei pounded the ground : How stupid can I be! Kurama saw me… he's probably angry. I know I would be if I saw The Fool kiss my sister. But this is different; I'm not human… but… I'm so stupid. I'm not supposed to feel… but I cut her… and I couldn't help myself. It just happened. I didn't mean to kiss her… not that I didn't enjoy it…. : He let out a long sigh and twirled the rose in his fingers looking at the human couple below him. He was jealous of them, of humans? Why would he be jealous of weak humans? He had a sudden urge to smile. He growled at himself but couldn't keep himself from smiling. "What's happening to me?" His eyes grew wide as he jumped from the tree, smiling idiotically at the people that passed him. He strangely didn't want to fight; he wanted to… to buy Yukina, Keiko, Shizuru, Botan, and Hakida flowers? He actually wanted to buy them… not steal? He skipped to a store looking at the flowers. Well, if he was going to buy them he needed money, which he had no clue how to get. : Wait! Yusuke and Keiko get money when they work at the ramen shop… perhaps I could work for Yusuke and he'd give me some. : With that though Hiei was off to Keiko and Yusuke's ramen shop.

Yusuke stuttered, "You want what?"

"I want to work for you so I can get money."

Yusuke smiled, "Is this a trick?"

He shook his head, "Of course not."

Keiko smiled, "Of course! We could always use more help!" She bounced into the kitchen showing Hiei how to cook and serve.

"How hard can it be to find a fire demon in the human world!" Hakida growled as she bounced from tree to tree. "I can't even sense his Ki! Stupid Hakida! You should have known not to give him a love flower, what were you thinking!" She growled and pounced to another tree, "You'd think a fire demon would stick out like a sore thumb in the human world; but now… not Hiei… Hiei blends into the shadows." She growled again, "Inari, I know you had a plan but this can't be it." She jumped again before looking and fell to the ground. THUD! She grumbled looking at a group of humans that had surrounded her, "Eh…" She blushed and tried to stand, pain shooting through her foot. She looked down at her purple ankle and grumbled, "Hakida, you idiot, anything else you want to mess up?" She looked up at the tree, "Well, that kind of traveling is out of the question." She turned and looked at the crowd that had now gathered, her ears twitched, "This could be bad." She smiled and stood, leaning against a tree, her tails swishing. "Um… I- I was going to a… a…. Hi!" She waved her hand. "Owe!" She whirled around growling at human that pulled her tail, "That hurts!"

The man smiled, "You mean, it's real?"

"No it's un-attach it from my spine at night." she rolled her eyes, "Of course it's real you stupid human!" She growled and caressed her tail.

"Did you have it surgically implanted?"

"You idiot, I was born with it!" She growled again trying to limp her way through the crowd only to be pushed back by the crowd. "Ah! Let me go! Let me go now! Put me down! Where are you taking me!"

Yusuke smiled at Keiko, "Does Hiei seem… different?"

She titled her head and looked at Hiei, who was in a flowered apron, "A little but I suppose he just realized that the human way is better." She smiled and patted her stomach, "Plus, with me in my delicate state, it's good to have some help around here."

He smiled and kissed her cheek, "I hope he takes your looks."

"Who said it was going to be a he? It's a girl."

"It is not!"

"My mother said it was a girl because of the way I'm carrying it."

He rolled his eyes, "And your mother who has no spirit energy at all… is obviously the expert on this."

She glared at him, "Well have you had a baby?"

He blushed, "Well, no… but-"

"But nothing Yusuke, my mother has had experience in this so she knows. End of story!" She huffed and walked away. Yusuke scratched his head looking at her.

"You know you could be nicer to her." Hiei appeared beside Yusuke.

"Oh, and you're suddenly the master of being nice."

"I'm just saying, you shouldn't cause her so much stress; she loves you and that's the only reason she's with you. She's been through a lot with you, the least you could do is lay off for a while."

Yusuke's mouth dropped, "That's the most I've heard you talk since I met you!"

He shrugged and handed him a plate; "Table four needs this and a refill on tea please." He walked back to the kitchen.

Yusuke shook his head, "Please?"

"Hey! Yusuke! Kurama wants to know if you've seen Hakida!" Kuwabara ran into the restaurant, Kurama was right behind him.

"Um… no. Why?"

Kurama stopped at the table heaving, "She was looking for Hiei and hasn't returned."

"Hiei?" He looked into the kitchen; "You mean that Hiei, or the old one?"

Kurama's mouth dropped open as Hiei came through the doors smiling, dressed in his pink flowered apron, carrying two plates and handing them to Keiko, "You know you shouldn't be working this hard in your state; I wouldn't want you to get hurt."

She smiled, "Don't worry about me Hiei; I'm fine."

"If you say so; just don't push it, ok Hon?"

She nodded and walked to another table with the plates.

Kurama gasped, "That's Hiei?"

"That's what I've been asking all day."

Kuwabara burst into laughter, "What's gotten into the shrimp!"

Hiei saw them and walked over to them smiling, "Welcome friends!" He embraced Kurama and Kuwabara in a hug. They stood still in shock; Kuwabara almost fainted but Yusuke grabbed his shirt. Kurama coughed, "Hiei? Is that you?"

"In the flesh!" He smiled, "Are you hungry? I'm sure I could make something suitable for you in the kitchen."

Kurama shook his head, "Have you seen Hakida?"

Hiei's eyes glazed over, "Hakida…." He said wistfully. "Such a beautiful name worthy of such a beautiful creature."

Kurama shook his head, "Uh… yeah… have you seen her?"

"Not since out brief kiss this morning; I fear I was too foreword with her and thus scared her off, the poor thing. I hope she's ok."

Kurama bit his lip, "Uh, yeah… Hiei we're not hungry you can go on into the kitchen."

Yusuke fell to the floor laughing; "Hiei kissed Hakida!"

"Hush you!" Kurama growled, "Hiei is under a spell. Have you seen a flower on him?"

Yusuke laughed, "A flower? No. What's going on? He's under a spell?"

Kurama nodded as Kuwabara sat down, still in shock. "Hakida gave him a love flower thinking he wouldn't keep it. The love flower takes what love a person has in his or her heart and amplifies it more each passing hour. It gets more intense when the flower blooms, thus the reason Hiei is acting so… unlike Hiei."

Yusuke blinked and then fell to the floor in laughter, "Man I'm gonna need a picture of this."

"Don't you dare! Hiei's confused enough." He sighed, "However, the only person that can destroy the flower it Hakida… and that is why I'm trying to find her, so we can get the old Hiei back." He put a finger to his temple thinking, "She had a hard time finding him because in this state no one can sense his Ki; which is a good thing in case someone was trying to attack him." He sighed, "We have to find Hakida."

"Maybe we can talk to Botan and Koenma about it; can't they find her?"

"No, I've already talked to them. Botan is out on her oar flying about trying to find her but so far nothing. Koenma has every extra hand out looking for her. If we lost her Inari will kill us."

Botan appeared "Did someone call the grim reaper?"

"No, did you find her?" Kurama popped his knuckles nervously.

She shook her head, "No, we've got a team looking in the Makai just in case. Koenma is calling a meeting of the Reikai Tantei." She looked around, "Where is Hiei?"

Koenma glanced at Hiei as he dusted the room, "So all this is the affect of Hakida's spell?" Kurama nodded. "And if we find her then she can destroy the flower?" Kurama nodded again, "And Hakida is still missing?" Botan nodded.

An Oni burst through the door, "Koenma sir! We have a problem!"

"Not another one, don't we have enough already?"

"Sir, a group of demons broke free from the prison and are terrorizing the city."

Koenma fell to his desk, "Anything else want to happen!"

"Sir, I also have some other bad news."

Koenma glared, "What."

"There is a disaster in Makai, the same demons bit some of the more innocent of Makai and turned them evil; they are also terrorizing Makai."

Koenma growled, "Oh… fine!"

"And one more thing sir… your father is coming home in three days."

"My father!" He sucked on his blue pacifier furiously, "you better fix this!" He pointed at the Reikai Tantei. "Yusuke, you, Kuwabara, and Yukina go to the Makai. Genkai, Kurama, Hiei, you three go stop those demons! Botan, you continue the search for Hakida. And hurry! If my father finds this out we're all dead!"

Hiei frowned, "Will I have to fight?"

Yusuke jumped, barely missing an energy ball, "For little imps they sure are strong."

Kuwabara growled, "Just hurry so we can heal these freaks and get out of here."

Yukina squealed and Kuwabara slashed at one of the imps jumping at her.

Yusuke yelled, "Don't kill them Kuwabara!"

"I'm not!"