Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hiei's Choice ❯ Chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
All the friends watched in sadness as the red head was placed inside a black body bag, and then carried away. The smallest had yet to cry or say a word, he just stared in silence. The leader took them all to the temple- it was place where they all could talk to Hiei.

But Hiei would not allow them to comfort him. His love was dead and cold, should he not be also? No- one thing Kurama was against was taking your own life. He loved life, all forms of it. So taking your own was a sin to his fox. Hiei would not do that, it seemed the least he could do for the kitsune.

Images and forgotten words of the redheaded fox echoed in his mind. After all if you had a memory like his, you would never be able to forget anything- no matter how insignificant or small something seemed.

In some cases, it could be a curse. In others it was a blessing. Now it was the only thing he had left.

He thought of how his fox sounded in the throes of passion. Or when he was telling Hiei about his day. When he was laughing. Or when he was upset. Or when he was any and everything in all of the worlds.

Hours flew on and he had yet to move, just sitting in the window of a room in the temple- staring at everything and nothing in particular. Then, two days later, he found himself at his mate’s grave.

Kurama died because Hiei was not strong enough to save him; because he had made a choice- one that would haunt him forever. As the people paid their respects, the demon did not leave. He stayed as long as he could, long after everyone had left, staying through the rain that started to fall, through the cold night, and the crisp dawn.

Every day from then on, Hiei would leave only to train and eat with his sister. But other than that he was always by the grave. He refused to allow himself to fail again. He would live to protect those he had left. No matter what the costs would be, he would ensure that no one would die due to his lack of strength ever again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Here is that chapter i promised!! Gomen for taking so long!! Let me know what you think!! Oh and i have a few ideas so there might be more:)