Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hope For Fox ❯ Hope For Fox ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hope for Fox

The grounds were finally covered with snow, its lovely white is now spread over everything it touches, making anything in its path piled with the white flakes. Up in a tree resting on its snow covered limbs laid a black clad demon, he had his hands behind is head, his eyes were closed and he looked to be in a deep sleep. The demon was dress all in black and a white scarf and white headband to finish off his wardrobe. He opened one ruby colored eye and watched as children played outside building snowmen and having snowball fights. He continued watching them not even noticing a long red-haired boy looking up to him. His emerald eyes fixed on the small demon. The red haired boy spoke to make his appearance known. " Hiei, What are you looking at?" He asked trying to get the black haired demons attention. He looked down from his resting place. " I am looking at those foolish children. What are they doing? If they want to hit each other why don't they use a rock or something?" Hiei said trying to sound not interested. " Not that I care. Why do you ask anyways Kurama" Hiei added looking away from him. " Just wondering. If I am correct it seems you might be somewhat jealous?" Hiei let out a snort answering Kurama's question. " Hn. Why would you say that?! I am not jealous of those human creatures!" Kurama could not help but smile. He knew Hiei very well, and knew his life was not fun as a child, he never was able to stay on the floating island of the Koorime. He knew Hiei wanted to slam a snowball into one of those kids, and have his first snowball fight. " Hiei if you are not too busy would you like to come to my house and get out of the cold?" Kurama soon regretted asking, instead of acting pleased Hiei seemed to take it personal. " What? You think I have nothing better to do?! Well what would you know you stupid fox!" Hiei yelled at Kurama, People walking down the street turned and looked in Kurama's direction. Kurama guessed most people never heard someone call someone else a "stupid fox". Kurama let out a sigh. If they only knew. Kurama could not help but blush as people still looked at him, He wanted to yell at them, tell them to go home, what? Is it weird to be called fox? Quickly getting over his embarrassment he looked back up to Hiei. " No, no! Not at all! I just thought you might like to um, have some hot chocolate or something?" Kurama was stumped he forgot why he asked Hiei to come over in the first place!

Kurama opened the front door, took off his shoes and hung his coat on the rack. " Hiei you can come in this way if you want. No one is home right now." Hiei nodded slowly and walked in closing the door behind him.

" Would you like some hot chocolate or something?" Kurama asked him small fire demon friend. Hiei merely nodded showing his answer. Something was wrong with Hiei, Kurama could just not figure it out. Quickly leaving the thought behind, he started to bowl some water for the hot chocolate. " Hey! I want some marshmallows in mine." Kurama smiled, at least Hiei still has his sweet tooth. After making the hot chocolate he brought it over to Hiei who had his feet resting on the low table in front of them, Kurama shot him a look. A look Hiei knows to well. The look `How-many-times-have-I-told-you, look. Hiei took his feet of the table with a little groan. The fox sure liked his stuff neat! Kurama sipped on his drink, his eyes never falling from Hiei. He knew something was wrong. But just what could it be?

Kurama looked down. He did not really know what to say to the fire demon. " Kurama?" Hiei's voice broke Kurama's thoughts. He looked up with a smile. " Yes? Hiei, what is it?" Hiei took a deep breathe. " I have been having this dream lately." He began. Kurama was a little bit shocked. Was Hiei going to share something with him? He waited for him to continue. " There is this demon. He looks like me. Just older. And taller. He is saying something… But I can't make it out. Then I see you. You start fighting him, and from the looks of it, you are winning. Then I see me. Just I am like three. After the battle you come over to me, and said `Sorry this had to happen.'" Hiei let out a sigh. " What does it mean Kurama. I have not been able to sleep at all." Kurama noticed how tired Hiei has been. " Maybe it is a dream of the past? Or a dream that is telling the future?" Hiei thought about what Kurama said. " Maybe." Kurama stood up. " Hiei, why don't you stay here for the night, if you have the dream again, I will know." Hiei nodded sleepily. " Hold on I will go get everything ready." Kurama left and went to his room.

Kurama came back, and found the small fire demon asleep on the couch. He smiled. Good. He needs his sleep. Kurama lifted him in his arms, and carried him to his room. After laying him down on his bed. Kurama went to his desk, he turned on his lamp and started doing his homework. Hiei just sleep well. We can talk more tomorrow.