Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ I Cant Remember ❯ Chapter 1

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Sinful: Squee!
Blissful: o_O
Sinful: I cant help it! I'm excited!
Blissful: Yeah, I don't blame you. This is the first out of what, 365842 fics we haven't posted?
Sinful: You should post them ^_^
Blissful: *cough* Anyway, I hope you like it. If not then tell us, we dont mind.
Sinful: Seriously, it's ok if you hurt her felings. I dont mind. ^^


_____________________________________________________
Jenice opened her eyes only to find herself in complete darkness. It seemed to surround her and she was scared to move. It pressed down on her and it felt like she couldn't breath. Her body tensed up as she heard muffled footsteps close by. Her mind was racing with worst-case scenarios and she froze with panic. "Omgomgomg!" She thought to herself. "Calm down Jenice, if you panic then your asthma will get worse. My God, I cant breath! Why cant I breath !?!" Then it hit her like a brick and she remembered were she was. She threw the blankets of herself and her eyes burned as the bright ceiling light blinded her. Squinting, she saw the outline of her sister ransacking her closet, dancing to music Jenice hadn't heard because of the pillows over her head. Emily turned around and let out a shriek as she saw her sister sitting on the bed, looking like a hairball from hell. "What in the name of Canada are you doing here?" Emily said, trying to keep it down since it was still early in the morning. Her big brown eyes were magnified in shock and she looked wide wake. "Does she ever fscking sleep?" Jenice thought to herself. " Que es the matter un tu?." she replied with a yawn. It was way to early to even consider saying anything that made sense. She looked sleepily at Emily and rubbed the goo from her eyes. Emily just shot her one of her infamous looks. "You shouldn't sleep with the coverers over you, it can cause an attack." And with that she stormed out of the room. "By the way, it's 7:15." She added over her shoulders. Jenice swore (if dagnabbit is a swear) and within 1.58394 minutes was dressed and ready for school. With a last look around her room (dirty white walls with cloths spilling out of her closet, plates piled on a broken T. V, and a cracked mirror hung on a bare wall) she grabbed her book bag and was out the door.
Emily waited for her older sister outside in the freezing cold. She was 16 but didn't have her license yet, and her sister (being 17) drove them to school every morning. Which meant she had to wait and be late every day. She'd take the bus, but then no one would make sure Jenice went to school. "It's defiantly winter." She thought as she saw her breath come up in a white puff before her. She giggled as she remembered how much Jenice hated the winter, she always sliped on the ice. After a minute or two Emily heard Jenice come out (I hate this fscking snow!) and within moments they were off. Jenice felt Emily staring at her. She did that a lot lately. "Why the hell does she have to worry so much?" She thought to herself. "If you weren't such a jerk she wouldn't have to worry herself sick." A small voice whispered in the back of her mind.Jenice ignored it and turned to Emily. "What?" She asked. Emily jumped, she seemed to have been lost in her own thoughts. "W-what? Oh, sorry, heh." She said blushing. "I was just thinking how awesome Christmas was going to be this year." She said, lying. Jenice smiled and agreed. "Yeah. It rocks that it lands on a Sunday, I don't have to work." She said as she smacked the radio so it could turn back on. "Just school today and work tomorrow and then BAM!, we'll be outta here!" Emily laughed and turned her attention back to the icy road. They lived on the outskirts of the town. Jenice worked as a maid for some rich family and they decided to give her a week off (they were actually going on vacation too and didn't need her). The family paid her well and even gave her and old room in the west quarters so she didn't have to pay rent (and so she was close by). They were good people and never looked down on her or Jenice.They even bought them tickets to Hawaii (an early Christmas gift). "Hey Jenice," Emily said suddenly, an odd gleam in her eyes, "lets just skip school today. There's a sale going on at the mall and I still need to get you present." Jenice almost crashed the car in shock. "Uhm...ok. If you want." She said while looking over at Emily to make sure she was alright.
Kurama glared at his parents. Or rather he stared at the idiot who had the nerve to call himself his father. Kurama knew he was being selfish, but for once he didnt care about some one else's feelings. How could his mom fall for some one like him? "Suichi hun, dont be like that." Kurama's mother said, grabbing her son and holding him in a tight embrace. Kurama hugged her back and wished he could do something to stop this. He closed his eyes and took in the moment. Inhaling her scent, hoping the smell lasted but doubted it. "Let the boy go already." Ben, or "Benny Babe" said, tugging on her sleeve and breaking up the hug. "He'll be fine. Now we better get a move on or we're going to be late." He said, grabbing the suitcases from the hallway and dragging them to the car. "Suichi, if there's a problem you know were to conatct us, dont you? The number's on the frige and if your brother calls from his trip, tell him I love him and to be careful. Why did I every agree to let him go on that ridiculous fieldtrip! Honestly, he could get hurt out there and we wont be able to reach him! What if--" "It's alright mother." Kurama said, cutting his mom off short. "Dont worry about it. I know where to call and if there is an accident, he can be here within a few hours." "Oh honey. Im sorry you cant go. You understand dont you?" Kurama's mother said, giving him another hug. "Don't forget Jenice will also be here next week, same time you brother gets here. I know you can manage, but your brother says he needs her help. I swear that boy-- anyway, I really must get going. We'll call you when we land, ok? With that she was out the door, in the car, and on her way to Spain for a month. A late honeymoon for an unplanned wedding. Kurama felt as though a tornado had passed through, leaving nothing but a huge mess and an eerie silence. With a sigh he looked at the time; 7:30. He went to lock the door and headed towards his room. I think I'll miss school today. I dont have any absences and I'm late anyway. He reached his room and looked at his watch again. Only 208 hours and 28 minutes left to kill.
______________________________________________________
Blissf ul: *drools*
Sinful: Sorry it puts you to sleep. Bliss....Bliss?
Blissful: *gets poked awake* huh? waa?
Hiei: LOOKIE ME DANCE!
Blissful: o_O
Sinful: Damn it Spaz! Take that mask off!
Spaz: Sorry. It was so tempting. Review!