Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Illumination of the Heart. ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Illumination of the Heart
 
Author: Lex Leffeld [Liquid]
 
Rating: R
 
Warning[s]: Language, Violence, Shonen-ai towards the end.
 
Summary:
 
The Yu Yu gang must find a way to stop a group of demons who have kidnaped a pair of children with the intent of finidng a mysterious "Church". When Kurama falls victim to the same fate of the children, Hiei must come to terms on his feelings for the demon
 
Notes:
 
+-+-+ Means a short period of time has passed. Ex: An hour.
.::\*/::. Means a long time has passed. Ex: a week or a month.
~*~*~*~*~*~ Scene or POV switch.
/blah/ - thoughts in third person POV
<blah> Telepathy
 
Author Notes: The Title means `Glass Prison'. I will also put little notes at the end of the chapters. Ok, now on to the prologue.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
A young girl was kneeling in front of a small shrine. Numerous burns and a few cuts laced her arms. She looked to be about eleven or twelve years. Lifting her face, she looked to the sky. “Okasaan1,” She muttered, mostly under her ragged breath. “If you can hear me, Ototosan2 and I are trying hard. I…we miss you. Please, watch over us. Daddy, I-” She was cute off by the sound of screaming.
 
“Onesan! Help!” The girl, hearing her little brother's cry, stood up and ran towards where the cry had come from. “Canti3! CANTI! Where are you!? CANTI! Answer me!” She was suddenly stopped as someone grabbed her around the waist and gagged with their hand.
 
“Who are you? What do you want?” The only answer to her question was the darkness that set in.
 
She awoke sometime later in complete darkness. Hearing her brother's ragged breaths, she crawled over to him, only to wince in pain. “Canti.” She whispered. “Canti!”
 
“M…Mi?” Canti opened his eyes and looked at his sister before falling back into darkness.
 
Mi pulled herself up against the stone wall. “Don't worry Canti. Someone will come for us. I just know it.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Okasaan - Mother
Ototosan - Little Brother
Canti - My friend, Ace, gave me the idea for this name. It's the name of one of his RPG characters XD.