Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ In Vice Versa ❯ I Am a Fighter! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yu Yu Hakusho - In Vice Versa
 
Thirteen year old Keiko Yukimura recently died during a construction accident,
thanks to a thug by the name of Dai. After meeting Botan and Konema in death,
Keiko was offered a chance to return to life. Watching over Yusuke, Keiko discovers
Yusuke purchasing a gun with armor piercing ammunition, in order to carry out
revenge for her, causing Keiko to desperately try to talk him out of it in her ghostly
form. When it seemed all was lost, a miracle happened. Yusuke could see and hear
Keiko! Unfortunately, this distracted Yusuke long enough for Dai to take Yusuke's
gun and turn it on him. However, Kazuma Kuwabara, long time rival turned friend,
shielded Yusuke with his own body, saving his life…and ending his own.
 
Episode 3: “I Am a Fighter!”
 
“KUWABARA!” The group, including Yusuke exclaimed in horror.
 
Yusuke ran to his fallen new friend and shouted, “Kuwabara!”
 
Kuwabara coughed up a little bit of blood and smiled through his pain, “Urameshi….”
 
“No,” said Yusuke, “Don't try to talk, we'll get you some help!”
 
Dai chuckled, “Oh, really? I had a different idea. Like not letting any of you chumps
leave here alive! Struggle all you want, punk. I'm gonna put one in your brain!”
 
Keiko screamed, “No! Botan, please tell me what to do! They'll all die if I don't help!”
 
Botan worriedly looked at Keiko and said the only thing that came to mind, “I'm sorry,
Keiko. I just don't know…”
 
Keiko quickly looked around her and in a fit of frustration, she charged at Dai with her hand reeled back about to deliver her infamous slap.
 
“I hate you!” Keiko screamed. “I HATE YOU!”
 
Keiko swung her hand as hard as she could only to have it pass through his body. She
suddenly stumbled and fell forward, landing on her back. Keiko wanted to cry. She wanted this madness to end. She stood up, eyes shut tightly to prevent the tears for flowing. She threw her fists in the air in frustration and shouted, “STOP IT!!!!”
 
All went silent. Everyone stopped and stared in confusion. Keiko paused and saw that everyone was staring in her general direction. That's when she noticed the gun in her hand. She looked at it and jumped, her heart skipping a beat. Well, not actually HER heart. That's right, folks. Keiko was now inside the body of Dai.
 
Dai's group stared in shock as Keiko threw the gun far away. Botan blinked in amazement. “Wow! Now, that, I didn't see coming!”
 
Keiko looked to Dai's gang and shouted out, from Dai's possessed body, “If you guys don't get outta here right now, I'm gonna beat the crap out of you!”
 
One of Dai's thugs asked, “Um, are you okay boss? What's wrong?”
 
“What are you, DEAF?!” Keiko shouted.
 
Without delay the gang fled in terror from the park with no clue as to why their leader had a sudden change of heart.
 
Meanwhile, Kuwabara cough up a little more blood and said, “Don't worry, Urameshi. I'm fine…”
 
Yusuke shouted, “Why, Kuwabara?! Why did you do it?!”
 
Kuwabara smiled weakly, “'Cause….'cough' friends help each other out.”
 
At that moment, Komada, Okubo and Kirishima rushed to their fallen leader.
 
“C'mon!” Kirishima shouted. “We've gotta get Kuwabara to a hospital!”
 
Kuwabara suddenly started chuckling as they tried lifting him up from the ground. Yusuke and Kirishima placed each of his arms over their shoulders and began to walk. Keiko, still possessing Dai, began to lose control and felt her ghost being forced out of his body violently.
 
Her ghostly form tumbled out onto the ground as Dai's personality surfaced again. He sneered at the group as they walked away with a dying Kuwabara in tow. Dai screamed out, “Don't you DARE try to run away, you little chicken!”
 
Yusuke stopped and growled at Dai's comment. Kirishima blinked. “Urameshi, what the heck are you stopping for?! We've got to save Kuwabara!”
 
Kuwabara looked up at Yusuke with that same weak smile. “Same old Urameshi. Go get `im, man. And give him a good punch for me, will ya?”
 
Yusuke nodded and looked to Komada and Okubo. “I'm going. You guys go without me.”
 
Kuwabara's voiced weakened even more, “Kick his ass, Urameshi. Show him how real men fight…”
 
At that moment, Kuwabara seemed to nod off. Yusuke spun around, not wanting to think what he knew in the back of his mind. Did Kuwabara…? No, he's fine. He just passed out. He'll be fine. He looked to Keiko's ghost that seemed to be visible and said, “Thanks, Keiko. I'm really okay this time.”
 
Dai growled, “Urameshi! You talkin' to yourself again? Or were you prayin' that you'll go to Heaven after I kill you?”
 
Yusuke turned around to face Dai. He then smirked in his usual cocky manner and said, “Bring it on, biscuit head. Bring it on!”
 
The two punks went charging at each other like mad bulls. Once the collided they traded vicious blows, one after another in a seemingly endless cycle. That is until Yusuke managed to connect an uppercut to Dai's chin, which sent him sailing back into a tree. Dai staggered back to his fee and looked up in time to see Yusuke's foot slam into his face. The raging Urameshi then delivered a right hook to Dai's gut, causing the menace to double over in excruciating pain. Yusuke then interlocked both hands together and raised them high above his head. He then slammed his interlocked hands onto Dai's back hard enough to cause Dai to produce a high-pitched scream.
 
Dai slamed to the ground, with his body bruised all over and his face a mass of lumps. Dai coughed, “You bastard. You'd better finish me off now. Or else I'll-“
 
“Get beat up again? Fine by me, bring it on! But, next time, I'll get serious.” Yusuke said confidently.
 
Dai growled once more before saying, “Why don't you just quit this torture and kill me already?”
 
Yusuke looked back at Keiko and then back to Dai. For some reason, Yusuke thought about Kuwabara's words.
 
“Because,” said Yusuke, “I'm a fighter. Not a killer.”
 
With that said, Yusuke left Dai there, defeated, humiliated, and all alone.
 
Botan cheered, “YAY! You did it, Keiko-chan! You broke through to Yusuke and got him back to his old self again! You're the man! Um, the woman!”
 
Keiko smiled for a second and then frowned again. “Wait! What about Kuwabara?”
 
Botan frowned sadly. “Oh, yes. That guy….”
 
Keiko asked, “He's going to live, right? RIGHT?”
 
Suddenly, Koenma appeared before Keiko and Botan, “I'm afraid not, Keiko. Kuwabara knew the danger of what he did and he paid the price for it.”
 
Keiko tried her hardest to hold back her tears again, “But, but-“
 
Botan looked sadly at her feet, no able to look Keiko in the eye. She felt bad that Keiko had to go through so much. It was only her second day as a ghost and Keiko seemed to have been going through an emotional nightmare.
 
Koenma then smiled. “C'mon, Keiko, you shouldn't be sad.”
 
Keiko asked skeptically, “Why not?”
 
Koenma explained, “Well…your death wasn't really supposed to happen, so…all events that occurred as a direct result of your death will be null and void.”
 
Botan asked, “Isn't that called bending the rules? King Enma would have a fit!”
 
Koenma smiled in a shifty manner, “Well, he isn't here, now is he? I won't tell if you won't, haha.”
 
Keiko's eyes suddenly lit up with joy, “You mean, he's going to make it?!”
 
Koenma nodded, “I figured if you can pull a miracle like you did back there, I'm entitled to pull one of my own.”
 
Keiko bowed, “I don't know how to thank you!”
 
Koenma nodded, “It's no problem at all. Because I am Koenma and I am perfect!”
 
Botan sweat dropped.
 
Koenma then said, “And by the way, Keiko Yukimura, I, Konema, hereby announce that you have passed the revival test. From what I have seen today, you have what it takes to get through the toughest situations. You have a good heart, Keiko, and it's time for it to start beating once again!”
 
Botan gave Keiko a pat on the back, “Congratulations!”
 
Keiko grinned happily, “YES! I'm going back!”
 
Koenma paused, “There is a condition, however. In order to return, spirit energy must be transferred back into you body…..through the lips!”
 
Keiko's eyes grew with shock. “Through…the lips!?”
 
Botan kept her cheerful smile, but a huge sweat drop materialized onto the side of her head.
 
Koenma when further into detail, “You see, it's just like jump starting a car. Also, this has to be done during the full moon, when spirit energy is at its highest point. That would be tomorrow night. So…”
 
Keiko sighed. “So, I'll have to get Yusuke to notice me all over again?”
 
Botan said happily, “Well. You've done it before and you can do it again. Besides, you can go into his dreams and tell him. I think now he'll listen.”
 
Keiko smiled. “Yeah, that's true. This'll be a piece of cake!”
 
Two hours later…
 
In Kuwabara's hospital room sat Komada, Okubo, Kirishima and Yusuke. All were in complete shock. Kuwabara's heart stopped beating right before they took him to the hospital. They were all in a big panic as they brought him in, but for some odd reason, his heart resumed as if nothing were wrong. Fortunately, the bullet went straight through and his wound wasn't as bad as it looked when Kuwabara was first shot, mostly due to Koenma's intervention.
 
They were all in complete shock from that, but didn't say a word about it to the doctors. They were just glad Kuwabara was still alive. Why look a gift horse in the mouth?
 
Yusuke sighed, “Look, guys. I'm sorry about all this. If I hadn't have bought that gun, we wouldn't even BE sitting around in the hospital.”
 
Kuwabara sighed. “Damn it, Urameshi! For the forty-seventh time…”
 
“WE FORGIVE YOU!” Everyone in the room, minus Yusuke, of course, shouted.
 
Just then, Shizuru Kuwabara, Kazuma's older sister walked into the room. Without saying a word, she walked up to the hospital bed raised an eyebrow at her little brother, and promptly, whacked him upside his head with he fist.
 
“Mind telling me what's going on here, Kazuma?” Shizuru asked calmly.
 
Everyone in the room except Kuwabara and Shizuru exclaimed quizzically, “KAZUMA?!”
 
Komada gasped. “I didn't know he had a first name!”
 
Yusuke commented, “That makes two of us…”
 
“Us, too!” Kirishima and Okubo shouted in unison.
 
Keiko and Botan floated on the outside of the hospital window, over looking the entire scene. Botan looked over to Keiko and asked, “So, it looks like your boyfriend's safe from a life of murder.”
 
Keiko smiled. “Yeah, it seems so. Hey! Yusuke isn't my boyfriend! He's just…he's just a friend.”
 
Botan smiled and patted Keiko's head, “Sure he is, dear. Sure he is.”
 
Keiko exclaimed, “I'm serious! We grew up together, that's all!” She turned her blushing face away from Botan and went back to looking into the window. Strangely enough, Shizuru seemed to be staring at her.
 
It was impossible, even if she had spirit awareness, she wouldn't be able to SEE her, would she? Maybe she was just staring out the window. Yeah, that had to be it. Shizuru just happened to be looking out the window. Keiko decided that is was ridiculous to believe that Shizuru was staring directly at her, even though it seemed she was making direct eye contact.
 
Yusuke blinked. “Um, what's she lookin' at, Kuwabara?”
 
Kuwabara replied, “Might be a ghost or somethin'.”
 
Komada sighed, “Kuwabara, get some sleep. You sound like you're half way to dream
land already.”
 
Kirishima shrugged. “It's getting late, anyway. Mom is probably gonna worry if I'm not
home soon.
 
Okubo then spoke, “Yeah, I have school AND work tomorrow, so I have to rest up, too.”
 
Kuwabara grinned. “I guess I'll see you guys later. Be careful out there, I don't think Dai's guys are just gonna back down.”
 
The trio nodded and said their farewells before exiting the room. Shizuru then glared at
Kuwabara. “Fighting again, Kazuma?”
 
Kuwabara gulped, “Um…sorry?”
 
 
Shizuru sighed, “I'll deal with you later, little bro.” She then looked out the window
once more and said, “You don't have to eavesdrop, come on in.”
 
 
Keiko blinked. “You…can see me?”
 
Shizuru replied, “Well, I'm not talking to the setting sun.”
 
Keiko shrugged and floated inside with Botan following behind her. Botan smiled, “It looks like spirit awareness runs in the Kuwabara family.”
 
Shizuru nodded, “Yup. I'm learning how to use it, unlike my brother who fancies throwing his fist at rival gangs every afternoon. He's quite the knucklehead.
 
Kuwabara shouted in protest, “Hey! Don't talk about me behind my back!”
 
Shizuru smiled. “I'm not. I'm doing it right in front of you.”
 
Yusuke nodded. “She has a point.”
 
“Shut up, Urameshi!” Kuwabara grumbled.
 
Yusuke asked, “Hey, are you talking to ghosts over there?”
 
Shizuru nodded.
 
Yusuke then saw as Shizuru turned back to the wall and stayed silent for a minute. After nodding her head a couple times, she said, “Keiko says that she needs you to kiss her in order for her to revive.”
 
Yusuke blinked. “K-kiss?!”
 
Kuwabara grinned. “Don't be shy, Urameshi. You know you want to kiss Keiko's soft, sweet lips!”
 
Yusuke shouted, “Shut it, Kuwabara! Listen, there HAS to be another way to bring her back! That sounds like a fairy tale, anyways! What if it doesn't work?!”
 
Shizuru sighed and turned back to the wall in silence. She then nodded solemnly and turned back to Yusuke. “Keiko says `It's the only way, you stupid jerk!' She needs someone to kiss her so that live spirit energy can jump start her body.”
 
Yusuke folded his arms and pouted. “No way! Yusuke Urameshi doesn't KISS!”
 
Kuwabara then raised his hand. “Hey, if Urameshi doesn't, I can!”
 
Yusuke grabbed Kuwabara by his shirt collar and shouted, “If you know what's good for you, you won't!”
 
 
Kuwabara shouted as he pushed Yusuke away, “I'm only trying to help!” Kuwabara smirked. “It's not my fault that you're too scared to kiss a girl, even though she's asking you to do it!”
 
Yusuke blood began to boil. “Oh, yeah?! I'll show you, Kuwabara! I'm gonna give Keiko the kiss of a life time! You just watch me!”
 
Kuwabara sweat dropped. “Well, Mr. Exhibitionist, I'd rather take your word for it…”
 
Botan sighed. “Yusuke's a real moron.”
 
Keiko replied blankly, “You get used to it, after a while.”
 
“Ah.” Botan nodded.
 
Suddenly, Yusuke and Kuwabara were rolling on the floor, strangling each other.
Yusuke gagged. “I'll show you an exhibitionist!”
 
Kuwabara also gagged. “Urameshi's a pervert!”
 
Keiko shook her head. “Boys are SO stupid.”
 
Shizuru nodded. “Couldn't agree more.”
 
 
-------------------------
 
Dai suddenly slammed into a tree face first. Standing behind him was a bald kid with green eyes. He wore baggy, black jeans, a white T-shirt and a black, leather jacket. He smiled viciously at Dai. “I set you up, for the kill and you STILL screw up. You are completely and totally worthless!”
 
Dai begged, “Please, give me another chance! If I had another weapon, I can finish him!”
 
The bald kid sighed. “I am NOT a patient man, Dai. You had your chance and you blew it because you'd rather gloat about your advantage, rather than pulling the damn trigger. I went through all this trouble to be set back by a moron like you.”
 
Dai began to panic. “W-wait! I can make this right! Just give me only one more chance.”
 
Suddenly Dai found himself staring down the barrel on a nine-millimeter with a laser scope. Dai's eyes went wide as tears began to fall. “Please! Don't do it, I'm sorry!”
 
The bald kid sighed. “That's the problem with you humans. You can realize that you're sorry, but can never see that you're too sorry to live.”
 
BANG!
 
His green eyes then flashed crimson as he smirked at his handy work before calmly walking away. Police sirens sounded from afar only a few minutes later, but all the police found when they got there was a corpse.
 
As the bald kid fled, he thought to himself, “Keiko Yukimura's spirit energy has great potential; however, getting her full power to surface is proving to be harder than I thought. Killing Yusuke Urameshi will not be easy, but once I do, Keiko's sleeping spirit energy should awaken. Once that happens, I'll be ready to drain her spirit energy dry!”
 
Keiko: Hello, everyone! This is Keiko and I'm here to tell you about the next episode!
After agreeing to the procedure, Yusuke rushes to the hospital to get to me. Unfortunately, Dai's gang, lead by someone new, is out to kill Yusuke! Will he make it in time, or will I be stuck like a ghost forever? Find out on the next Yu Yu Hakusho!
 
Please, don't lose, Yusuke!
 
 
Omake # 3
 
Another word from our sponsor!
 
Fushigi Yugi Hotline for Fanboys
 
Miaka (in deep, sexy voice): Hi there, big boy. Are you feeling lonely? Why don't
you give me a call at 1-800-OTAKU69? Only $50.00 for the first minute and
$250.00 for each additional minute.

(back in normal voice) Tamahome, no one's gonna pay that much for phone sex!

Tamahome (backstage): Just read the cue cards, Miaka!

Miaka (back to sexy voice): If you're hungry, I'll let you taste my- (normal voice) TAMAHOME!!!
What the heck am I reading?! That's disgusting!

Tamahome: ....Weren't complaining this morning....

Miaka: Shhh!

Yui: AHA! So you and Tamahome ARE into that stuff! Sickos...

Suboshi: You upset Lady Yui! Prepare to die!

Hotohori: I will not let you hurt Miaka!

Tamahome: Yeah, what he said!

Suboshi: Shaddap, pretty boy!

Hotohori: Pretty boy?! Why, thank you for noticing.

Tamahome: CUT!!

Announcer (Mitsukake) talking fast: 1-800-OTAKU69, call today!