Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity ❯ A Deep Breath ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*flares wings in excitement* I'm Kuroi Kou! I'm really excited about this one. I think it's going to be good.
Yoko: I doubt it... *swishes tail absently*
Kuroi: Your just bitter that it's about you.
Yoko: *growls*
Kuroi: Baby...

A standard disclaimer will suffice.
(You know, the one that says I have no ownership to anything but my insanity.)
###########################

~Insanity~

Most of the room was white, fluffy, calm. It was well lit, clean, safe. Most of it.
In a corner, shifting gently back and forth, was a clump of red.
Shuiichi had finally snapped. Or maybe it was Kurama. Or Yoko.
It didn't matter. He was crazy. A danger to society even. That's what they had said about him.
He knew better. He wasn't crazy!
"Let me out!" The crazed red-head shouted.
He rose to his feet, showing the white jacket that kept his arms pinned down. His pants, white as well, were soft and well made, as to keep from fraying.
His green eyes wide and bloodshot. His hair, which no longer shined like it use to, was matted into clumps and stuck to his head. The kitsune didn't have the sense, or freedom, to spend as much time on his appearance anymore.
"I'm not crazy! You've made a mistake!" His deranged voice rang.

***

Hiei watched from the small wind in the door. It broke him to see his fox like that.
"Kurama..." Hiei whispered. "What happen to you?..."
He still couldn't believe that this was what the great thief that all the demons feared and respected was reduced to.
Hiei felt empty.
Really he didn't care that he was a great demon, ever.
Kurama had been his lover.
He felt as though a part of him slipped farther away everyday he looked at Kurama bound the way he was.
He figured it was only a matter of time till he ended up the same as his lover... or worse.

***

Yuusuke and Kuwabara waked up behind Hiei.
"Hey, Hiei. How's he doing?" Yuusuke asked quietly.
Hiei, not missing a beat or looking away from the red-head, replied quietly, "He's fine."
It was always what Hiei said. It worried Yuusuke. Did Hiei really believe that Kurama was fine? Or was he just lying to himself in hopes that Kurama would get better.
"Hiei, you sure -you're- okay?" Yuusuke asked.
It was obvious that Hiei didn't take care of himself anymore. It had the Reikai Tantei concerned.
He was obviously suffering from malnutrition and sleep deprivation.
Hiei was spending a lot of his time outside Kurama's room. Every now and again they would let Hiei in to visit with Kurama, but, only after they sedated him.
"I'm fine." He repeated, still not averting his gaze, in a forced voice.
"Shrimp..." Kuwabara started quietly, "We brought lunch."
Contrary to believe, Kuwabara had always been concerned with Hiei's well being.
"I'm not hungry." He said in the same sad tone.

***

A few hours passed, few words were shared. They left with there usual goodbyes. They were mostly there to remind Hiei he had friends to help him too.
What hurt Hiei was that Yukina had stopped visiting everyday. He was lucky to hear her voice once a week. She was to hurt by the whole thing, Kurama's inability to comprehend and his unwillingness to live on.
He knew it wasn’t going to be easy for her. Especially because he had recently told her of there relationship to each other.
The start of the downhill to the mess he was in now.
His poor kitsune would never be the same because he messed up.
"How much longer will I last?" He asked Kurama through the door.

***

"You gotta let me out!" Shuiichi's elegant voice shouted. "I got a test in the morning and I haven't studied! I need to study!"
"Oh, just forget it! There's no need for that stupid ningen crap!" Yoko's colder, deeper voice replied.
Of course both statements came from the same individual but they didn't realize it.
Kurama began to slam into the walls, then into the door. He was to distracted to notice the figure outside the door jump at the sudden collision.
His heartbeat and breathing quickened. He hit the door again, harder then the first, causing himself to fall.
Strong arms pinned him to the ground and a sting was felt in his shoulder. Moments later his head lulled back and his breathing evened.
Hiei slid his head onto his lap and gently petted Kurama's hair.
"Shh... it's okay Fox, I'm here now." Hiei whispered to him.
Shortly after the injection he began to slump and the 'nurses' let his arms go.
"We'll check back in 10 minutes." The doctor said.
The doctor and 'nurses' left, leaving Hiei to have a little time with the rabid fox.
"I'm so sorry, Fox." He said pressing his forehead to the fox's. "I'm so sorry."
"Don't worry, Dragon." Kurama's sweet voice said. "You have nothing to apologize for."
Hiei immediately drew his head up.
There was no way he had just heard Kurama. In this state it was hard to get any kind of coherency out of him.
Kurama's head lay in Hiei's lap. Kurama looked to almost be a sleep. No attempt of speech what so ever.
"Not trusting your scenes anymore?" His own voice snickered.
He hadn't said anything! He looked around himself.
Nothing. No one. What was going on?!
"Now, now Hiei. You knew it was going to happen. Don't act so surprised." His voice laughed at him.
At that statement Hiei grinned. Slowly his grin got bigger, till he erupted into a full laugh. The laugh was full of insanity.
Hiei had finally cracked. He even told himself! Finally, he could be with Kurama again!
"Soon, love," He said, still laughing. "Soon we'll be together."

###########################
Kuroi: Poor Hiei-chan is going crazy.
Yoko: *holding Hiei* He is not.
Hiei: *being held like a plushie in a crazed fangirls arms* *blushes*
Kuroi: *raspberry* Your just mad cause your already crazy.
Yoko: *glares* And when I get mad, I get even.
Kuroi: *glares right back* I can do worse.
Yoko: *walks away, still holding/carrying Hiei*
Kuroi: *disappears, leaving a black poof behind (like Nightcrawler[X-men]!)*