Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ It was you all along ❯ Change ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“It Was You All Along”
 
Ch.9
Change
 
Layla didn't stoop running until she was home. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. “That jerk kissed me!” she repeated over and over. “That was my first kiss to!” It was suppose to be for the guy of my dreams not a walking nightmare like him! Why does he hate me so much?” she asked out loud. “What did I ever do to him?”
 
She touched the back of her head. Her long hair was really gone.”
 
!5 years later (Age 18)
 
During this time changes happened to both of them.
 
Layla became more distant toward everyone. Everyone assumed it was because of her hair. It wouldn't grow past her shoulders, yet her bangs were still down to her chest. She was no longer social, bubbly, or girly, but now she was mostly silent, aggressive, and a tomboy. She traded in her makeup, hair bows, skirts, and heals for hodies, tinny shoes, flared jeans/shorts, T Shirts/Tank tops, and red eye liner. Her school uniform consisted of a long dress instead of the short once the rest of the girls wore. (Long is for rebels). She would were knee high slim Goth boots. She hung out with any one that wasn't popular and hated the popular people especially the girls. No one dared to mess with her though. She developed a reputation for herself as a fighter when she managed to beat up the biggest girl bully in school. She wore her in a black cap to hide it.
 
Kye and Goku stopped teasing her as time passed. They got more mature and dated around. Layla still talked to Kyo, but not often and she never again called him oppa.
 
Ever since that incident, Kurama knew that Layla had changed. He had toned down on picking on her, but he didn't stop. He knew it was the only way and excuse he had if he wanted to talk to her. When he entered high school, he brought his popularity and good looks. He became every girls dream guy. Well built body, styled hair, seductive eyes, and a killer smile. He dated every girl that every guy in his school wanted.
 
But sadly no matter how many girls he dated, they all meant nothing to him. He was never able to tell her how he really felt about her. So he planned on keeping it a secret forever.
 
*^_^*I know a one pager. It's sad though aint it? Next time we see a little reaction between the two. And Kurama starts to wonder why Layla stays out so late. READ ON! *^_^*