Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Jealousy ❯ Jealousy ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
-.- this is a short little thing I did on the thing that we all must deal with eventually within our lives.
'Oh woe to the pitiful souls who let the emotion of jealousy consume them and overtake their souls, for then they are not even a soul, but a shell of anger and mixed hate.'
-Pan-pan-

I don't own these characters at all. Just the plot.

JEALOUSY.

My god, what was I thinking?
The blood that covers my hand seems to sting me and yet at the same time it is only wet liquid.
How is it that it hurts so much?
It was just an accident, they must believe me, it was!
I never meant for the him to die, and never by my hands....
I ran quickly to get away from the sounds of footsteps coming, carelessly leaving behind both a trail of blood and my white band that covered my 3rd eye.

It had been a happy occasion, for everyone, even me. For Kuronoue had come back and just the sight of Kurama's pure joy in seeing him made me happy.
It was all I had ever known, so long as Kurama had been happy, I had been happy.
It had been surprising seeing Kuronoue appear from the trees, but after all, that is the wish that Kurama had made on the falling star the night before.
I had wished for Kurama to be happy, and obviously the big guy had taken some pity on me.
They had hugged, and even kissed, ignoring the fact anyone else was there.
I was happy!
But then, why did I feel a paing of something rise up in me?
And what was it?
We all had walked back to Genkai's temple, Yusuke and Keiko talking and chattering, Kuwabara and my sister joking over ningen things. Where I normally walked by Kurama, Kuronue had taken my place.
So I walked in the silence in the back, thinking of what this new person would be like.
Would he be an idiot like that human Kuwabara?
No, he was a demon, and he seemed more level headed and cautious.
Like Yusuke?
No, Yusuke was brash and his mouth always went off without warning.
Then who?
Kurama?
My god, it was true, their mannerisms were different it seemed, but at the moment, he did seem a large amount like Kurama.
His laugh, his coolness and his calmness that he had. Everything about him screamed 'something like kurama!'
Another rise from the unknown emotion.
We sat there at dinner that night, everyone's attention focused on Kuronue and Kurama.
They talked of the past and of adventures that they had had.
He even told stories that he hadn't mentioned to me before, or would have told me, 'it's just a little thing, you wouldn't understand.', and yet there he was, talking about it to everyone.
Another turn.
"What's wrong Hiei?" the voice that I loved to hear so much asked.
"Hn?"
"What's wrong, something seems to be bothering you."
"Oh, it's nothing really."
"I know you're worried about something."
It was true, when I could confuse anyone, Kurama would know exactly what to do and say.
"I don't know. It's like I've felt something I've never known before, I don't understand what it is. And frankly, it's beginning to piss me off."
Kurama stood there in thought.
"You've never felt this way before?" Kurama asked.
"Not that I can remember."
"Hmm, maybe if I ask Kuronue. Wait here and I'll be back in a minute."
A minute passed, then two, then more, half an hour later and he still hadn't returned.
I tired of waiting and then hopped out the window, deciding a bit of fresh air might do me good.
-.-...three days later...-.-
"So, there you are." A whispy voice said, pulling me out of my thoughts.
I turned, it was the bird again.
"Are you alright?"
I didn't respond.
"You know, if you need to, I'll talk to you if that's what you need."
I only chuckled to myself.
"What is it? Tell me what you find funny?"
"You. All this time I've been thinking, what are these feelings that have started to chew at my insides and causing me to anger so easily, even against the one I love?"
Kuronue walked over to the tree I sat in.
"Really? Why don't you tell me what it is?"
"It's you! Ever since you've been here, I haven't been able to spend more than an hour TOPS with Kurama, and that's with you around, I can't even be alone with him anymore, and you're all he ever talks about." I said angrily.
"Now that I think about it, you were all he ever seemed to talk about.
'I remember when kuronue did this.'
Or 'I remember when Kuronue did that.'
It never bothered me before, but you know what. Now it makes me sick!
Damn sick enough to vomit.
I regret ever having made that wish in the first place for kurama!"
I screamed, tears started to form.
Kurnue looked at me his head cocked and a mask of sympathy on his face.
"If you really want, I can go and we can talk to Kurama about this."
"No. I'm sick of you, I'm sick of him. I'm sick of everyone, and their probably sick of me.
I'm leaving and you won't have to worry about me coming back."
I jumped down and then turned away from him, I began to walk off.
"Wait!"
His hand reached around my arm.
Before I could think, I had pulled my sword and it lay in Kuronue's stomach and already leaving scars elsewhere.
All he did was stare at me in surprise and in symapthy..
He then fell to the ground and died.
"Wha-wha-wha?"I was stuttering, I couldn't help it. I was covered in his blood, and I had finally realized what this was as I had begun running.
It was the feeling of jealousy.


End.....

-.-...freaky. I liked this one. I know you may not understand this, but here's the point, what do you think would happen if Kuronue had come back? Well, R&R and I might do more f this kinda stuff if you like.