Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Judgement Day ❯ Discombobulating Dilemmas ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I want to thank everyone for the reviews I got. Geez I got three in the last twenty-four hours. That's amazing. I don't think Christmas even compares to this. Of course it doesn't even come close to a Yu Yu Hakusho marathon or anything but it's pretty close. Anyway thanks a lot for reviewing. You don't know how much it means to me! Thanks again!

A/N: Just in case you guys didn't read it in my last authors note (I screwed up in the loading and loaded my fluke but it's mostly the same…I'm just waiting for the chapter to finally change)anyway…like I said incase you guys didn't see in the last chap I said I was thinking of changing the name of this story…there are already over twenty stories with Judgement Day in their title. I was thinking of letting you guys pick…First I have to come up with some options.

Disclaimer: Yes I own Yu Yu Hakusho…all the characters are mine…I will do with them as I will…oh wait…that was just a dream!? Darn! Fine, fine! I surrender! I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho or anything to do with it. As you can see that is only something I can dream about…darn…I really had myself for a second there.

Discombobulating Dilemmas

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"The Rekai Tantei have been here. They're asking for you." Alec stood still, slightly dumbfounded. Why would one of the most important, legendary groups be looking for him?

"Wha-what do you meaning, `Asking for you'?"

"Well they didn't ask for you by name but they did describe your features pretty well. Tall, carrot-topped hair, brown eyes, sometimes acts indescribably stupid and has an honor code. The last two I had trouble with. Although you can be a real laugh sometimes, you're not as thick as some people I know- or demons for that matter. The last thing they asked for I was dumbfounded at. Since I've known you, you've had no sense of honor or code except towards women…and then only if they haven't pushed you beyond your limit. I saw that once and that was when I swore I would stop drinking."

"Oh- come off it you stupid old coward. We both know you only stopped drinking because of Sutó," Alec lowered his voice, "to tell you the truth, if I was married to Sutó I'd quit drinking too. You really need to be sober to handle her type. I mean seriously she'll bite your head off and-Arghhhhh!" A large woman with a hard face but twinkling eyes stood above the pathetic head rubbing Alec.

"I heard the young man! Why my husband lets you in here is beyond me!"

"But Sutó! How could you be so cold and hurtful to the little "stray", as Elda would say, that you took in three years ago. How could you even consider to hurt a poor, suffering, innocent…"

"Innocent my…"

"Language, Sutó, language!"

"Arghhh! You're insufferable." Behind her the old man, Kore, started chuckling. "And as for you old man, you're even worse then him!"

"But my sweet little.."

"Don't you sweet me you old…"

"A-hem! Sutó. I remember a time when you would have put me outside if I used such language. How could you!?" Alec gave her a sad, droopy-eyed look. His face changed to a smile as Sutó's face softened. Then Alec started running for his life when Sutó stepped out with a broom.

"Kore! Kore! Call her off! Call her off! KORRREEEEEEE!" Alec had started running around the inn with Sutó chasing after him the broom. Finally he landed in an undignified heap as Sutó bashed him on the head.

"This is how I could you ungrateful little…"

"Sutó!"

"When will he be back? He will be back. He will. Won't he Nekko?" Nekko glanced at his despairing sister. She had started to look up to Alec as a replacement of Gyorgy, their deceased elder brother. Nekko was beginning to feel the same way as well.

"Of course he will sis, of course."

"Don't worry dears, he'll be back soon." The lady dressed in violet hovered beside them and smiled.

"What's taking him so long?"

"I imagine he probably had a run in with Sutó."

"Who?"

"His mother. Or at least as close to one as he knows." The kids looked around the shop, bored. The outfits had already been fitted and made. It had been almost six hours since Alec had dropped them off.

"Alec is a very busy man, children. He has many things to look after…many…problems…people. Anyway, have I properly introduced myself yet? No? Well, my name is Elda. I'm a seamstress. The best around."

"That reminds me…Elda, how did you get our clothes done so quickly?" Nekko starred at Elda suspiciously.

"Well erm, ahh, you see…"

"She's a magic wielder. At least that's what I call it. She has the same kinda stuff I do. Except mine is used in battle; hers helps speed her work." Alec stood in the door of the shop looking weary. He walked in and dropped a pack of supplies in front of each of the children.

"I told you I am the best seamstress around!" Alec strode toward Elda and dropped a sack of coins in the woman's outstretched hand.

"There's you payment. Let's go."

"Where are we going?"

"Not where are we going but what we are doing. Ahh, Nekko, get that worried look off your face. The place we are going is still in town. We're just going to be doing a bit of digging. That's all."

~Is that really all of it? I don't think so.~ ~Yes, it is. I'm just going to find out information. No one is going to get hurt.~ ~You know someone will eventually get hurt. Don't try to deny it. I know you can't.~ ~No one will get hurt.~ ~Oh, I laugh at you. You are naive. Just because you are getting information doesn't mean someone can't get hurt. For instance, say someone sees you talking to someone. They assume that person is in allegiance with you. Later when you give no thought to that person, they are hunted down and killed, just for talking to you.~ ~Am I that dangerous?~ ~Yes, you are. Remember. You are powerful. More powerful than most demons and humans. Don't forget that. You know that whoever betrayed you did so in fear of you getting even more powerful.~ ~No they did it because I was weak! I was a danger to them. I should have left on my own.~ ~Why are you making excuses for them? Why do you make excuses for your persecutors? What have they ever done for you? Nothing! Nothing at all. Not like me. I helped you to become strong. I helped you in a way no one could. They never helped you!~ ~Yes they did. They basically told me to become stronger. If it wasn't for their betrayal, I wouldn't have become what I am now. I know that in my past "life" or whatever it was I wasn't strong. I can't remember people or events or anything at all! I can only remember feeling shame and weakness. Then I met you. You helped me to become strong.~ ~Then you admit it. I am the one who helped you.~ ~No. If they hadn't told me I wasn't weak you never would have appeared.~ ~But how can you be so confident that they helped you? You don't even know who "they" are!~ ~No, but I will find out.~ ~How? Are you going to ask me for my help again? How will you know I will give it?~ ~How can a part of myself refuse to help me?~ ~Don't ever insult me again. Don't ever say that I am a part of you. Don't ever say that I didn't help you. I was the one who transformed you. Don't you realize that!?~ ~Stop! That's hurting me! Stop it! I said STOP!~ ~ I won't stop until you kill those detectives threatening to take what is rightfully mine!~ Alec's mind froze. ~What did you say?~ ~What? What are you talking about. I didn't say anything besides the usual.~ ~Yes you did. You said detectives. Who are you talking about?~ ~No one. Now stop bothering me.~ ~Not until I get answers.~ ~Stop pestering me or you'll regret it.~ ~Answer my questions!~ ~STOP IT!!!!!!~ ~AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~

All of this happened in the blink of an eye. In the next blink Alec was lying on the ground, totally and utterly still. Inside, his mind was a whirling mass of pain.

Nekko and Eris both saw him fall. Rushing to his side they knelt and gently pushed him onto his back.

"Alec? Alec? Please, Alec, wake up! Wake up! Alec, wake up!" Another form rushed beside the still form of Alec.

"What happened?" the two children looked up into the eyes of a young woman. Her blonde hair was hanging wildly around her face. A pair of icy blue eyes surveyed the body of Alec. She was built along the lines of stocky and had sharp, pointed ear tips.

"Well?"

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

A/N: Sorry to stop it there. I'm getting too far ahead of myself. Anyway. I thought of two titles that you guys might want to look over. The first is Tergiversation. The second is Depredating Memories. You guys decide. Anyway my sister saw the discombobulating word and wanted to know what it meant. It means: to throw into a state of confusion. Hope you guys liked it. I'm trying to make up for spring break. Sorry again. *gulps as she thinks of Katzztar* Please oh please oh please don't tar and feather me. Please!