Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kansha no Yu Yu Hakusho ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kansha no Yu Yu Hakusho by: Sakura

A/N I'm writing this early because everyone tells me that they write X-mas/Thanksgiving fics too late... so this time, I'm writing this a few weeks early. Hopefully it'll be finished on time!

*Standard disclaimers always apply*

><><><><

Everyone had specific jobs that they had been assigned to. Botan and Keiko were assigned to take care of the dinner; Yukina was to set the tables with forks and knives. Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Kurama were in charge of taking the dishes over to the table. Hiei and Shizuru were filling drinks; Koenma and George were just told to stay out of the way. All of this was due to the Thanksgiving feast that Kuwabara had read about in his Cultural-American class.

"Cultural-American class, who ever heard of such a thing?" Kurama said as he sulked over to the table to set down the bowl of mashed potatoes he was carrying.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that Kurama became rude and began complaining," Yusuke yelled from inside the kitchen. "But really, a Cultural-American... How's it going over there Hiei?"

Hiei looked up from the glass that he was currently filling. The liquid that was being poured was a brownish-yellow color.

"Hey, I think something's wrong with the stuff you're pouring in there, Shorty," Shizuru said.

"That's tea, Sis. It's not green because it's not herbal; it's just...tea," Kuwabara replied. "I read about it in my-"

"-Cultural-American class," Yusuke mouthed.

As time rolled on, the food was finally finished and everyone was ready to sit down to eat. Everyone tried their best to eat with the "weird shaped" forks, as Kuwabara explained how the Americans are supposed to pray before they eat.

"...and we thank Buddha for this food. Amen," the group concluded.

The others eyed Kuwabara as he continued to look at his food then at the people sitting around the table- it was almost as if he was trying to figure something out. As Yukina began trying to urge the carrot-top to eat the food he had planned out, Kuwabara picked up his spoonful of mashed potatoes and brought it up to his face. He pushed the spoon closer to his face, his mouth beginning to open. He placed his finger on the tip of the spoon, the part that should have already been in his mouth, but instead of eating it, he flung the potatoes all the way across the room. They hit the wall, inches from hitting George's face, and slid down.

Everyone stared momentarily at Kuwabara, in awe. Then, Yusuke cried out:

"Food fight!"

The first food-flinging fight the gang had had as a whole. Hiei stood silently, thinking as how to `murder' Kurama for chunking that chicken at him; Yusuke and Kuwabara were just continuously throwing food across the room; and all the girls, excluding Shizuru, hid under the tables to avoid getting messy. Koenma and George stared in awe.

Plates of food flew and glasses could be heard shattering once making contact with the wood floors. Everything was turning out to be extremely messy, and the bad thing was: they were still at Genkai's temple.

By six o' clock in the evening, most of the food and broken glass had been thrown in its proper place. The girls continued to help the Koorime mop and sweep, while the guys took care of everything from sweeping to washing unbroken dishes.

"Before everyone gets ready to go home, I read that the Americans sometimes draw names... the name they draw will determine who you'll buy a gift for at X-mas time," Kuwabara explained. "X-mas is short for Christmas..." he added when someone opened their mouth to ask.

Kuwabara grabbed a jar with everyone's names and passed it around the group. They all grabbed a slip of paper from the jar and read it silently. Some eyes widened at the names their papers read.

"Next month we'll find out who got who..." Kuwabara said raising his eyebrows.

><><><><

A/N And that was my Thanksgiving story. Yeah, it was short, I know...but I did that for a reason. I have decided to make a "book" of all the major American holidays and the seasons. It will, of course feature the YYH characters, and they will probably all be one-shots that are about as short as this one. In your reviews, let me know some important American holidays that I could probably write about: Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year's, and the four seasons I already have...