Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ki Control ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings and Disclaimer: I don't own YYH and don't make money off of this (if only…) Not a death fic (though it could be), some violence and blood…short!
 
Ki Control
 
“Hiei. You should take over if I fall. Yours is the only weapon that does not require spirit energy to work.”
 
“Hn. Why don't I take him now?”
 
“Because saving a human city is my top priority, but not yours. If you kill him outright, thousands of humans will die with him. I'm trying to find a way to avoid that.”
 
“Sentimental human.”
 
The fox demon in human form, Kurama, sighed and rolled his eyes at the little fire demon. Then he jumped into the Dark Tournament ring and stood ready.
 
His human friends, Yusuke and Kuwabara, cheered from the sidelines near Hiei, but not too close. Kurama sized up his opponent. He was tall, with light blue hair and sea green eyes. The only things Kurama knew about him were that he could control others' ki-channeling weapons and that his spirit was connected to a bomb. If anyone killed him, the bomb would explode, destroying a major city. He felt like he knew enough to hate this guy and to be afraid of what would happen whether he defeated him or not. He didn't even know his name.
 
“OK!” the announcer called, “this round it's Kurama and…uhh…” when the guy just stood there, sneering at Kurama, the announcer continued. “It's Kurama versus…uhh…umm…I'll call you…Blue Boy!” The demon didn't take his eyes off of Kurama. “…OK! Fighters ready? Go!”
 
Kurama immediately transformed a rose from his hair into his rose whip and attacked. Blue Boy dodged, and made a few leisurely motions in the air. The whip turned on Kurama, slashing his back. Kurama opened his hand to drop it, but several long, flexible thorns grew out of the handle and pierced the palm of his right hand. Then they wrapped around his wrist and up his arm to his elbow. `No chance of me just dropping it now!' Kurama thought. Blue Boy sat in the ring and watched Kurama being attacked by his own weapon.
 
Kurama dodged most of the attacks easily, but the weapon used his ki to attack him, so he weakened slowly and received a few minor cuts. Yusuke and Kuwabara watched anxiously and Hiei kept a hand near the ward that covered his Dragon.
 
Kurama eventually decided to take a chance. He allowed himself to be pushed toward Blue Boy and purposely kept his left arm near Blue Boy's head. The whip attacked, piercing his arm and slicing into Blue Boy's cheek.
 
Blue Boy jumped up and swore, perhaps understanding Kurama's plan. Kurama jumped in front of Blue Boy and grasped him by the shoulders, holding them both still. The whip slammed through Kurama's back and into Blue Boy's heart.
 
“There,” Kurama said in a husky voice, “you…killed yourself. The weapon…was under…your control.” Blue Boy sighed and dropped to the ground. The whip went limp and pulled itself out of Kurama. Then it turned back into a rose as Kurama sagged to his knees and fell to the ground.
 
Owari.
 
Author's Note: Hehe…gomen! Read and Review! Sorry it's so short!