Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Koenma's Big Mistake ❯ Rekai Tantei's Death ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 1

Reikai Tanteis Death

"I can't believe that I was watching their fight and I forgot to do all this paper work!" Yelled Koenma while he was looking at all the stacks of paper on his desk. "Now I have to get caught up, review their files."

George looked over at his small boss who was stamping papers madly trying to get caught up. "Do you want me to go get the Reikai Tanteis files now." Koenma looked at the big ogre and glared.

"Of course I do you big fool now go get it!" Koenma was obviously in a bad mood as he was throwing his pens at the ogre trying to make him run faster. "Move it ogre move it!" All the other ogres that were in the room looked at him and then turned around and picked up where they left off. "What were you guys looking at?"

"Nothing sure, we had to look up from what we are doing." Koenma just looked at them shook his head and continued stamping. George came back in the door a few moments later with the files but he forgot to tell Koenma that he set them down, but when he set them down the file flew open so it just looked like that it was part of his unfinished file, but George knew that Koenma would see the file and he wouldn't stamp it.

Ningenkai:

"Hey Yusuke are you ready to go to bed now." Asked Muzi.

"Yes I am!" Yelled Yusuke from down the hall. "I'm coming" As Yusuke was walking down the hall he collapsed on the floor so suddenly, Muzi comes rushing down the hall so she her boyfriend passed out on the floor.

"Yusuke wake up, Yusuke don't start playing these jokes on me now." Just then Muzi seen a soul fly up from his body, "What did Koenma do now?" Muzi transformed in to her spirit form, she formed her oar and traveled to the Reikai. As Yusuke's soul floated up above his body he was looking at his body on the floor. "Now this is stupid weird."

"Kazuma!" Yelled Yukina, "Yukina ran over to his body were it lay so still on his bed. "He's not even moving." She slapped his face once, but there was still no movement from him. "Kazuma please wake up." Tears fell from her eyes as the hit the bed they turned into pearls. Kuwabara's soul floated out of his body.

"So this is what Urameshi felt like oh Yukina please don't cry." Kuwabara said to her. "Wait a minute she can't here me." "I wish my sister was still around. As Kuwabara soul floated above his house he notice Urameshi soul in the sky. "Urameshi!"

"Kuwabara!" They both looked at each other in amazement

Hiei found his way into Hoshi house, but crept into her house hoping that she wouldn't notice him. "Hiei were have you been?"

Hiei backed him self into a corner on the house, "Is it any of you business you stupid bit…" Just then Hiei hit the floor. Hoshi rushed over to his body, "Hiei you better wake up, you better not be playing games on me." Hiei's soul exited his body as Hiei looked down at his soul less body, "Well I don't have to her yell at me. Yes!" Hiei's soul started to do the boggie dance while floating above the house. Hiei was still dancing when he notice Yusuke and Kuwabara, they were both in amazement that he was actually dancing. "Hiei what is your problem." Asked Kuwabara.

"I'm happy that I don't have to be with Hoshi.

"Hiei your glad that you died, you are a crazy bastard." Said Yusuke in amazement.

"Wow if you guys died do you think Kurama will be next?" Asked Kuwabara. They all nodded their heads.

Kurama was looking at his stuff when Yami came through his door, "Hi Yami." he called. Yami came in set her stuff down and looked at her lover.

"Why did you want me to come over?" She said.

"I just wanted to talk to you about our relationsh…" Kurama fell off his bed an on to the floor.

"Kurama, are you trying to be funny." She slapped his face hoping that he would wake up, but there was no sign of movement. She yelled at him again, "Kurama! Kurama!" She was now in tears crying over his body but then she noticed his soul fly up. As Kurama was looking down at his body then to his crying girl he was wondering what just happened. "Yami please don't cry." Yami looked up at Kurama's soul.

"But you died." Yami said with the sniffles.

"Look I got to keep my body right so this was a mistake by Reikai." As Kurama said his final words to her he floated up above his house and noticed that his three friends were waiting for him. "Hey Kurama." Said Kuwabara.

"What's up Kurama I know we are don't mind Hiei over there, he's happy that he died."

Kurama looks over at his friend who is still dancing in the sky. Kurama lowers his head and gets on of those anime sweat drops. "I've know him from a hundred years and I'm never going to understand him." Hiei looks over at Kurama and he stops dancing. "Hn… now Kurama is here."

"Now that we are all together does anyone want to tell how they died, just to pass the time?" Yusuke said. They all looked over at Yusuke and nodded. "Alright I will go first."

Flash Back:

For once it was a normal night for Yusuke Urameshi. He was laying there with his girlfriend and sprit detective helper, Muzi Suki and they were fast asleep. When suddenly Yusuke had this feeling that he was floating. As he cracked his eyes open he yelled. "What the hell happened?!!" he screamed as he looked down at his own body. "KOENMA…WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME NOW?!!" he yelled upwards in anger. Partially hearing him and trying to ignore him, Muzi turned a bit in her sleep. "This is so stupid! Now what am I supposed to do?" He says as he looks around the room He looks down at the bed and the shifting Muzi. "Hey maybe Muzi can help me!" He floated down by Muzi and started to try to get her attention. Yusuke went over by her ear and started to talk to her. "Muzi wake up. I need your help wake up please."

"Let me sleep. Just ten more minutes." Muzi said sleepily not knowing what was going on as she turned over. When she opened her eyes she looked at Yusuke's body and then in the direction his voice had come from. Her eyes grew wide and she couldn't believe what she was seeing. "What happened to you?"

"Like I would have a clue." He said annoyed.

"You look dead. Again!" Muzi said almost giggling.

"It's not funny what's going on?" he yelled at her.

"Well I'd say your dead." Muzi said passing her hand through him and giggling.

"I think that's kinda obvious." Yusuke said with very little enthusiasm. "Well since we've established that I'm dead what do we do now? And why are you still laughing."

"We need to get to spirit world to answer your first question and to answer the second this was another one of Koenma's mistakes if I'm right." Muzi answers as she switches to her sprit world form with her usual kimono and she jumps on her oar. "Come on, first we need to let your mother know what's going on so you don't need to stop another funeral. Hop on." She says as she pats her oar. As Yusuke jumps on he grabs at her butt. Her eyes grow wide and she takes her oar and hits him over the head. "Even being dead doesn't change you! Now let's go!" They both hop on the oar and soar off towards Yusuke's mother's apartment. As they soar off Yusuke is thinking to himself.

`I wonder what Koenma did now.' Then he rubs his head. `And why does it still have to hurt so much when she hits me?!"

When they finally get there Yusuke's mother is passed out with her head on the table and a bottle near her hand. "Oh great! She's passed out drunk again!" Yusuke yelled out in frustration.

"Will you calm down! Have you forgotten everything my sister taught you about the Sprit world and the Human world?" Muzi asked him.

"Let me think………………………… …………………………̷ 0;… (It takes Yusuke a while) ………………………..Oh yeah!" he exclaims. "People are closer to the sprit world when they're asleep!" Yusuke said as he snapped his fingers and floated towards his mother.

Meanwhile in Atsuko's dreams…

"What do you mean you're not women?!!" Atsuko exclaimed during the huge party she was at.

"What's wrong Atsuko? We're all like that." The group said as they took of their wigs.

"Man I must have been really drunk!!" Atsuko says under her breath.

"Hi mom!" Yusuke says joining her in her dream. As he appears all the cross-dressers disappear.

"AHH Yusuke don't tell me you've taken to dressing like a woman too!" she yelled in horror as she turned to her son. Once she saw him in his regular clothing she sighed in relief.

"Why would I do something that stupid mom?!" Yusuke said confused.

"Well there were these women at least I thought they were women and…"Atsuko tried to explain to her son what she meant.

"Never mind mom you can tell me later, but first I need to tell you something. "I'm dead again." Yusuke said and looked down at his feet expecting her to cry like she did the first time he died. Instead he didn't hear anything. He looked up at her and saw a look of annoyance on her face. "What's wrong mom?"

"When will you ever stop doing things that will get you killed? Might as well not bother to plan a funeral. You'll be back before I can have it anyway." She said slightly annoyed at her son for doing this again. Yusuke just puts his head back down and gets an anime sweat-drop in his head.

"Thanks mom I feel so loved." He said sarcastically. Just then something hit the back of his head.

"Be nice to your mother Yusuke!" Muzi said putting her oar away.

"Will you stop sneaking up like that and hitting me with that oar!" Yusuke said holding his head.

"I came in here to get you because we need to get to the sprit world. She explained in her usual not too perky voice.

"Oh." Was all Yusuke could manage as he rubbed the back of his head. "Well let's go then. Bye mom. I'll be back soon."

"Bye Yusuke." Atsuko said as the disappeared and her dream resumed. "Not them again!!!!" Atsuko said in despair.

As Yusuke and Muzi fly up into the sky they see someone familiar already up in the sky. "Kuwabara!!" They scream in union!!!!!

"Urameshi what are you doing here!!!!" Kuwabara screamed at the same time.

Flash back ended…

"So that is what happened to you Urameshi, Can I go next?" Kuwabara pleaded.

"Sure." Yusuke plain stated.

Flash Back:

Kuwabara was really excited about tonight. He was getting ready for a night out with Yukina and his sister, Shizuru. He was doing his usual `manly' poses in the mirror. "Oh yeah lookin' good! He stated as he continued to pose. After a few minutes he finally looked at a clock and realized his sister would be back from picking up Yukina soon and he needed to finish getting ready. He ran around the apartment looking for his usual blue jacket. Just as he found his jacket on the back of the couch, his sister and Yukina walked in the door. As they walked into the apartment and moved towards him he saw them and his face brightened. "Hey Yukina…" He said right before he dropped to the ground.

"KAZUMA!" Yukina yells as he hits the floor. She runs over to help him and figure out what's wrong with him and try to heal it.

All right you big idiot get off the floor!" Shizuru said as she kicked her brother in the side.

"Hey that's my body!" Kuwabara yelled at his sister while floating into the air. "AH! WAIT WHAT AM I DOING OUTSIDE MY BODY?!!" he says as he looks down at his prone body lying on the floor. "Okay calm down, this must be one of those soul separation things. I just need to go back in." He floats over to his body and tries to float back into his body over and over again and doing his obnoxious battle cry when he started to get frustrated.

Meanwhile Shizuru had noticed by now that her brother's sprit was floating over his body. Kuwabara was too busy trying to get back into his body that he didn't notice that his sister had moved off to the side to watch her brother make a fool of himself once again. "Why isn't it working?!!!" Kuwabara yelled as he kept trying to get back into his body.

Sometime during Kuwabara's commotion and Yukina trying to heal him, Muzi appears beside Shizuru and just stands there staring and being amazed that Kuwabara could be so spiritually aware and not have figured out that he's dead yet. "How long has he been at that?" Muzi asked turning to Shizuru.

"Oh the idiots been at it for about ten minutes now." Shizuru said calmly lighting one of her cigarettes.

"I'd have thought he'd have figured out that he's dead by now!" Muzi exclaimed making her oar appear and walking over to Kuwabara's spirit. She raises the oar above her head and brings it down on Kuwabara's head effectively ending the idiotic attempt to get back into his body.

"OW! WHAT'D YOU DO THAT FOR?" Kuwabara yelled at Muzi as she started to drag him off toward the sky where she left Yusuke.

"I'll bring him back later. Explain everything to Yukina so she doesn't worry." Muzi said as they were leaving.

"Don't worry I will." Shizuru said with a slight smirk.

"You'll do what?" Yukina asked with a worried tone.

"Well first I'll need your help moving lunk head here over to the couch." Replied Shizuru trying to calm Yukina.

"Okay." Yukina goes to help Shizuru.

Meanwhile in the sky Yusuke is lounging as his girlfriend and best friend and rival float towards him. "URAMESHI!!!!"

"KUWABARA!!!!"

End of flash back…

After Kuwabara finished his story he was staring at Hiei. "Well Hiei since you were the third person to die you might as well go next."

"Yeah we really want to know why you were dancing in the sky." Said Yusuke.

"Hn… as you wish."

Flash Back…

Hoshi was waiting for her boyfriend to return home. She kind of figured that he was out in demon world slaying demons. `Hiei' she thought `just return home.' Hiei was running around in the demon world just as Hoshi predicted. "These demons are so easy to kill" Hiei thought out loud. Just as a demon was approaching him. Hiei drew his sword out of his seethe. "You want a piece of me well come an get it." He shouted towards the demon!"

"Well if you put it that way!" The demon roared at the fire demon. "I will defeat you." The demon puled out a large axe and raced towards Hiei. Who was waiting for him with his sword ready. The demon was dead in a split second as he crumbled to the ground with in 2 seconds because of Hiei's sword. "What a weak thing." Hiei snorted as he took off in a flash.

Hoshi was waiting for Hiei she was pacing back and forth `ow he is going to get and ass chewing when he gets home' Hoshi went towards her bedroom to wait for Hiei she knew that he would come through her bedroom window he always does. Hiei was headed for Hoshi house. He knew that she would be steamed at him. So he wanted to use the kitchen window instead as Hiei was next to the house he opened the window and climbed in. Then he closes the window and climbed in. Then he closes the window. Hoshi hears the noise from her bedroom and checks. She sees Hiei. "Hiei Jaganashi were have you been!?" She roars at the fire demon. He backs himself in to a corner.

"Were ever I damn feel like you son of a bit…" Hiei collapses on the floor with out saying another word.

"Hiei!" Hoshi cried. "You better just be playing. She went over to Hiei she touched his face. His once hot skin was now slowing going cold and lifeless. "Hiei." She cried at him once more but still there was no answer. As Hoshi was still trying to get Hiei up, his soul started to depart from his body they he floated above himself.

"What happened?" Hiei wondered. "Next minute I was yelling at Hoshi then I am floating above my body." Hiei thought about this for a moment and amazingly he started to do a buggy dance above his body. As he was floating above his house. As Hiei was dancing he noticed Kuwabara and Yusuke. Hiei immediately stops dancing and looks over at his Spirit Detective partners.

"Hiei what's your problem?" Asked Yusuke while one of his eyebrows was twitching.

"I'm not being yelled at by Hoshi."

"So are you glad to be dead." Asked Kuwabara.

"Of Course fool." Hiei crossed his arms."

"I'm never going to understand that bastard." Hiei looked over at Yusuke and glared at him. The flash back ended and Hiei was looking over at Kurama. "So what happened to you?"

Kurama looked over at his three friends. "If you want I will tell you…"

Flash back ended….

Everyone laughed at the end of Hiei's story, because now they understand why he was dancing just to get away from Hoshi. "Well Kurama that leaves you last doesn't?" ask Kuwabara.

"It sure does Kuwabara." Said Kurama, "Well here goes my story."

Flash Back…

Aikou Yami was preparing dinner for her and Kurama. She was putting some herbs in his tea. But these weren't ordinary herbs they were ones that made you sleepy. She wanted to Kurama to feel relaxed. Yami noticed the time and ran up stairs. She took off her old clothes and put on some new ones. She put on a dress that had roses on it. `He's going to enjoy this." She heard the doorbell. `It's Kurama' She thought as she ran down the stairs. "I'm coming." She yelled.

"I know you are Yami." Kurama said to her as he was on the other side of the door. He was wearing a white suit and black dress pants. Yami came to the door and opened it up and she noticed Kurama's clothes they were beautiful. "Yami you look gorgeous."

"Thank you." She replied. "As for you look darn sexy." She flashed him a seductive smile. He grinned at her and followed her into the house. She told Kurama to sit down at the table because dinner would be ready soon. Kurama took his seat as Yami asked and waited. "Yami do you need any help?" Kurama asked.

Yami was putting the herb in Kurama's drink. "No I'm fine I'm just preparing tea for our dinner." Kurama smiled. His fox senses already told him that Yami was scheming something but he pushed that thought aside. Yami came out of the kitchen with two plates. She sat one in front of Kurama. Then she went back into the kitchen and grabs the two teacups. When she came out of the kitchen Kurama had his eyes on her. She placed the teacup with the herbs in front of Kurama. She sat down at the other side of Kurama.

"Now we can eat."

Kurama went for his teacup took a big gulp and fell backwards in his seat

"It's wasn't supposed to work that fast." She got up from her seat and ran over to the passed out Kurama. "Kurama you got to wake up. I hope that I didn't poison you." Just then as she was snobbing over his body she seen his soul fly up.

"Yami don't worry." Kurama's soul said to her

"But you died." She said with tears. "I put herbs in you tea and that was it."

"I knew tat you were up to something, but as I recall herb don't kill.

"So are you saying that this was Koenma's fault.

"Yes so I'm going to go to Reikai and found out what is going on." As Kurama's soul was floating above his body and up above Yami's house he noticed Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Hiei who seemed to be dancing.

"Don't mind him." Yusuke said pointing towards Hiei, "He's glad to be dead."

"Let me guess Yusuke he was being yelled at by Hoshi?"

"Wow Kurama your really good." Kuwabara said as he floated towards him. Hiei looked over at Kurama then at Kuwabara and he had to glare at him.

"Fool if only you knew what she was like." All the other boys laughed surprisingly Hiei started to.

The flash back ended.

"And that is was happened." As Kurama finished his story Muzi and Botan showed up ready to take the four boys to Reikai.

"So you guys are the ones that died."

Yusuke looked at her with a cocked eyebrow, "I thought you stupid people in Reikai already knew that."

"Yusuke don't get fussy with me only Muzi knew."

"Urameshi stopped yelling at the women." Kuwabara said looking over at his friend. "It's not their fault that we died." All four guys looked at each other and said. "It's probably Koenmas." The four just looked at each other and laughed.

"Alright boys, it's time to take you to Reikai." Said Muzi

Yusuke and Kuwabara grabbed on to Muzi's oar while Kurama and Hiei grabbed onto Botan's oar and they flew off to Reikai. Upon there arrival the ogres were looking at Muzi and Botan to see who died. "Yes guys the Reikai Tantei is dead." Botan said as she pushed through the crowds of ogres. Botan told the four to wait outside of Koenma's office so that she could talk to Koenma alone. "Koenma what have you done you killed the Reikai Tanteis!"

"What are you talking about Botan I never killed Yusuke?" Just then Koenma looked down at the paper work on his desk that he just stamped all their paperwork with the proof that they are dead. "Whoops." Yusuke comes barging in and he grabs Koenma by the neck. "Why you little." He starts shaking him and squeezing him as Yusuke is squeezing him his pacifier shoots out of his mouth and flies across the room. The other Reikai Tantei comes into the room. George looks at Koenma but this time Yusuke has already dropped him. "What would you do if your father found out what you've done?"

"He won't find out he is never home." Koenma said being a show off

"What did you do to them my son." King Enma bellowed. Koenma looked at his father in fear.

"Nothing sir." But this time Koenma already pied his pants. Yusuke should up behind Enma. "Look he killed us."

Enma looked at his son, "You did what. Come here you little brat." Enma starts chasing his son Koenma around the room. Hiei and Kurama just looked at the chase in amazement. While Botan, Muzi, Yusuke, Kuwabara, and George were sitting there laughing at Koenma. About ten minutes later King Enma looked at his son. "You better find away to bring them back by my son return if they aren't back a life in 4 days you are getting over 100,000,000 spankings." Koenma looked at his father and nodded then looked over at the five who where laughing at him. "Are you finished yet."

"Yes sir."

"Now listen Yusuke, you've done this once. Somebody needs to kiss you before you can return. And you only have 5 hours to for someone to kiss you. You can have Muzi kiss you right away or your soul can goof off for 4 hours than she can kiss you. Understand?" Yusuke looked at Koenma and nodded. "Kuwabara you have 24 hours before Yukina has to kiss you because she has no idea that you died. You have to go to her tonight while she sleeps and tell her what she needs to do and once she kisses you will come back to life. Understand?" Kuwabara nodded his head. "Kurama same thing that goes for Yusuke, you have to get Yami to kiss you in 5 hours after I opened the road between your body to Reikai. Understand." Kurama nodded as well. "Last is you Hiei, you have to get Hoshi to kiss you before the 24 hour period. Just like Kuwabara. Understand." Hiei nodded his head even though he doesn't want to be kissed by Hoshi. "Now remember your time limit starts as soon as I opened the road between your body to Reikai." Now Muzi and Yusuke come with me." Yusuke and Muzi followed Koenma to Yusuke's body!

After the first night of being dead they all have to return to their bodies before King Enma's return. What will happen next?