Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Legal Human Practice ❯ Kuwabara Clan: America ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kuwabara Clan: America

Calikocat

Word count: 438

Hiei/Kuwabara or Hieibara if you prefer. XD

A/N: Kuwabara starts tracking down his family in order to get their input and see if they'd be willing to rejoin Tokyo's Magical Society with him. When Kuwabara Akira removed his clan, not just from Tokyo's Magical Society, but from Japan's hidden world of Magic his younger brother Kuwabara Seiji moved his family to America, with Akira's blessing. There Seiji and his family joined America's Magical Society. Seiji and his wife Emiko are mine.

XXX

Kuwabara Seiji opened his mailbox, expecting the usual bills. He was not expecting an envelope from Japan addressed to him, as his brother Akira had passed on many years ago. He took it inside, ignored his wife's curious green gaze, still in shock, and opened the envelope. A picture fell out.

Seiji picked up the photo, a simple muggle family portrait. The family was...a little unusual. The tallest figure was a young man of at least partial Japanese decent, and had the classic aristocratic Kuwabara cheekbones. The second man, who only came to the other's shoulder, had an unusual starburst pattern in his hair...and inhuman red eyes. In the...demon's arms was a baby...a toddler actually. One that was most certainly not Japanese. He placed the photo down and pulled out the letter.

 

Seiji-san,

My name is Kuwabara Kazuma. My father was Kuwabara Toshiro, and my grandfather was your older brother Kuwabara Akira. The reason I'm writing to you is one of great importance. The members of the clan in Japan are in agreement. We are going back to the society that Akira turned his back on. Hopefully things have changed in the clan's absence.

Normally I wouldn't care about the rules of some stuck up society. But my mate and I have adopted a child from a foreign magical society and to make it legal and to keep him we have to rejoin that world.

I know you took your family to America to join the society there and you did so with Akira's blessing. I just wanted you to know we were going back and that you're welcome to visit. I know my cousins are curious about the rest of our clan. As am I. We would all like to get to know you.

Sincerely,

Kuwabara Kazuma

Head of the Kuwabara Clan

 

Seiji stared at the photo again...mate? His great nephew was indeed mated to a demon. Akira would have been shocked...and proud.

His wife, Emiko, approached him, her voice soft and concerned. “Darling?” Without a word he handed her the letter. When she finished reading it she gasped. “Oh my. What will you do?”

“Our home is here...but it would be nice to see what sort of clan the Kuwabara's have become.”

Emiko smiled at him before looking at the photo on his desk. However when she picked it up to examine it closer...she frowned. “Seiji...this child. Look at his forehead.”

He nodded. “I saw the scar...though it is very faint. Only very dark magic could have left such a mark.” He grinned at her. “Things just got very interesting.”

XXX