Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Les amies Noir ❯ Prince of the city ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Next chapter coming up. Don't have much to say since I'm writing for the joy of writing…however I always love to hear what people think and if there was something that was specifically good.
 
-------------------------------
Les amies noir Chapter 5
 
Kurama walked up the stairs towards the entrance to the house.
From the outside it looked like any theatre like building, a white house with a wide entrance stair. But the girl had said that this was Elysium at nights and closed at days, no mortals were allowed in. She held up the door to Kurama.
-“Walk in” Her voice was sharp at the edge.
Kurama did as he was told. Ones inside they walked down a corridor and then came up to two other big tree doors. Beautifully carved handles and the door showed unreadable patterns.
-“Mithras only likes what's best” Her voice had a more tired feeling to it as she opened the doors.
-“Don't expect them to welcome you”
On the other side of the doors were an oval table in a darkened room. A few candles were burning on the table. The room was empty.
-“You're a lucky Keeper. I'm sure the council wouldn't like your presence here.”
Kurama was starting to come around the situation now, finally believing that what was happening here was as real as anything in his world.
-“Why?”
-“Because you're a Sabbat creep”
-“I'm a what now?”
She gave him an annoyed face expression and walked across the room where there was another door similar to the previous one.
-“The prince is waiting for you here. Now you're on your own.” She opened the door to a seemingly black room. Kurama doubtfully walked inside. But he had gained enough of his reasoning back so that he would be able to question this “prince” were he was and how he would be able to leave.
 
A suit dressed man with back slicked black hair and a calm appearance were sitting on the other side of a desk with his hands folded over the table. He gave of an incredible feeling of confidence and dominance. In his current situation Kurama actually felt small in front of the man. In a way he reminded him of Yusuke to his appearance and at the same time they really felt far apart. To the right another, rather short, suit dressed man with brown hair was standing ready to serve the sitting one at any moment. After a moment of silence the one to the princes´ right said.
-“And you wish?” In the clear confusion Kurama asked strait out.
-“Where am I?” The prince laughed slightly at this question.
-“You don't mean that you will bother OUR prince with suc-
The prince held up a hand as a sign of silence.
-“You're that one.” He said, actually sounding slightly happy. “I am Mithras Luna, prince of the city. Welcome to London.” Kurama blinked. He had a hard time accepting that he was still in the Ningenkai. No this must be some other kind of London, like a London in this different world.
-“I don't know how you came to be in existence but I will send someone out to guide you, as long as you stay in this city you are under the Camarillas protection.”
The man with brown hair seemed annoyed at this.
-“Camarilla?”
-“Yes the umbrella organization to all vampires.” Kurama remained silent and confused at this.
-“It's for our own safety you understand. And to make sure that no humans are killed unnecessarily.” Kurama just remained silent allowing the prince to continue.
-“I am not the one to instruct you of such matters of your existence……I have a more….appropriate teacher for that.”
-“The council will not stand for this prince Mithras, they might go against you.”
-“Would you Leopold go against me in this decision?”
The brown haired man shook his head.
-“Of course not.”
-“Then I doubt that the council will say much.” Then there was silence again.
-“Leopold, you guide our friend to his teacher, and make sure the Yina stays out of this. She tends to become so emotional over matters like this.”
-“I shall” Leopold bowed quickly to the prince and then walked pass them. “Follow” he motioned Kurama to follow and Kurama did as he was told. He saw Yina still standing at the other side of the door, following him with her eyes.
After they had left the Elysium building Kurama felt a huge disappointment come over him. He had gained almost no knowledge from this visit and something told him that the prince didn't wish to share his information. They got into a car and Leopold started driving. Kurama sat silent in the back seat expecting nothing out of the situation. Only feeling that whatever this place was, he would have to escape by himself. Ones he had gotten back home he could figure out how to get rid of this…….curse. After driving a few blocks Leopold said.
-“What is your name?” Kurama remained silent.
-“The prince usually asks for clan and name the first he does. He didn't so I am asking in his place.” Kurama did not answer.
-“Your name at least.”
-“Dimitrir.”
-“Strange choice of alias. Now what's your real name?”
Kurama felt frustrated over that he was so easily looked through.
-“None of your concern” He managed to keep his voice perfectly calm.
-“It's Kurama right?” Kurama could hear a slight tone of amusement in Leopolds voice.
 
They had now left the inner city and were driving up towards a mansion. There he stopped the car. “Here it is”
 
The mansion looked relatively old, big gates were opened up and when Kurama turned around he saw that Leopold were already heading back towards the city in his car. This was even worse, now Kurama felt as if he was stuck in the middle of nowhere, even if he could clearly se the cities lights not to far from where he was.
He walked inside the gates and up the path that lead towards the house. He saw that a few lamps where lit inside. He approached the house carefully not knowing what he might face inside that place.
 
He walked up to the door and knocked when he heard a voice in his mind.
He quickly remembered the first night he got here, then he had heard a voice in his mind, but this voice was very much different.
´Please enter, there is no need to upset my servants at this hour´ Kurama stood put, not moving an inch.
`No need to be frightened. Just open the door´ Kurama followed the instructions he received carefully.
He was standing in a hall, one corridor to the right and one to the left, a wide stair in front of him following the left wall, revealing an upper floor. It didn't look suspicious at all. But the fact that he was hearing a voice again was all his mind could think of.
´Beneath the stair is a door, walk over to that and open it. Inside of there is a corridor. Follow it.´ Kurama felt how the voice was leaving his mind, he was considering turning around and leave this house quickly, but something convinced him to stay, and Kurama was starting to suspect that it was not his own will.
 
He walked over to the stairs and looked behind them, a door in the same colour as the dark brown wall. He opened it, still questioning if he was following his own will. He stepped into a wooden corridor that seemed to be leading downwards. He carefully started walking, his senses at their peak. But shortly he stopped and looked at the wall.
He saw a portrait, a big portrait of a man that looked to be around his age. He was wearing clothes that spoke of the European Middle Ages. He had long blonde hair and clear blue eyes. He saw one more portrait next to the first one. The same man but slightly older now, he was wearing a knights armour. Perhaps a crusader. He stopped again at the next portrait.
Same man, same armour, but still really different. His pale white skin and more graceful features exposed that the man on this painting was a vampire. That he understood this so quickly made Kurama worried over himself.
(I have to get out of here and get rid of this curse; I don't really have time to waste at this place…..)
Yet he continued to walk forward looking at the next painting. Same man, but his hair had gotten such a dark shade it was close to black. Next one, now his hair was black, his attired had changed from a knightly armour to a cape, hiding whatever he might be wearing under it.
Then after that, eyes were black and his face expression had clearly become gloomier.
Then there was an empty space and the next one. A completely black painting. Kurama studied it closer, and then he managed to se out a few of the outlines.
-“That one is no good.” Kurama jumped when he heard the voice behind him, he quickly turned around and faced. What first seemed like a shadow come to life. But the white teethes smirking at him was all the evidence Kurama needed to se that this was the same man that he had seen on all the portraits until now.
A black open cape, but it was the fact that he went barefoot and hade a bare upper body that told of his skin condition, if he stood still in a shadow he would be impossible to spot. Black as black can be, without a shade of anything, as black charcoal.
His still smirking face expression made Kurama back, managed to spot his eyes in the mass of black.
-“I am Wolfgang von Abenthros. Welcome to my house Kurama. I am to be your teacher from now on.”
 
---------------------
 
Yay Wolfgang has come! He's probably one of my favourite characters and he's owned by one of my friends and not Whitewolf. Same goes for Yina and Leopold.