Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Let Me Sleep Forever ❯ Part 3: Babysitting ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Let Me Sleep Forever

 

Part 3: Babysitting

 

Kurama watched Diana from his post in the bench. He was dead tired and Diana had a lot of energy to spare. Now, he contemplated, that he was experiencing single-parenthood. He sighed and leaned back against the bench. Maybe he could fall asleep sitting up. He'd done that before but it was with a desk in front of him. Of course before he could get some sleep something jumped on his lap. He opened his eyes in surprise before relaxing as he realized it was just Diana. He let out a small smile.

 

"Hey mommy can I go with them to the carnival?" she asked pointing to her friend. Kurama was always surprised at her perfect speaking. Thinking nothing of it he nodded thinking this will be great for one night off. Diana squealed in happiness almost making him flinch.

 

"Just be careful okay Diana?" he said.

 

"Alright mommy. I'll see you later," Diana said before jumping down and running towards her friend's mother and her.

 

They made their way out of the park. Kurama stayed a little while just thinking about what Hiei told him the other day about the new mission. Apparently the enemy has been under surveillance for a week now. Koenma figured it was time to take action and take them out. But he was worried. The surveillance started around the time Diana came to them. He shook that thought off. It couldn't be possible. But he still couldn't get it out of his head. He sighed thinking it useless to think such things. So he stood up and began to walk back home. He'll just sleep. It's something he's been deprived of for the past few days.

 

-----------------------------

 

Knock, knock, knock…

 

Yuusuke furiously banged on the door. Well not that much but he didn't want to disturb the matriarch of the family. There was no answer for a while. He was about ready to give up. Apparently when he saw Koenma again he was going to either murder him or let Hiei do it. Unfortunately he was assigned to help Kurama out with BABYSITTING??? That didn't go too well with him until Genkai had to open her mouth and force him to do it. She was probably laughing at his predicament.

 

There was no answer for about one minute. He was going to leave until the door answered and Kurama stood there, seeming like he's out of his mind. Now he was worried. Usually he wouldn't be but Koenma might blame him for losing one person. They stared at each other in silence. It was unnerving but they accepted it. Apparently none of them seemed to wish to break it. Until Kurama decided to speak,

 

"Yes? Is there something you need detective?" he said with a tired voice. Obviously his lack of sleep showed otherwise he would've spat out 'detective' as if it were sickening.

 

"Go back to sleep, you look tired," Yuusuke stated the obvious. Kurama growled softly in response before responding.

 

"Yes I know, detective. Now let me ask, what do you want?"

 

"Koenma wanted me to do something and it involves you. But if you don't want to I'll just leave."

 

"Just what is it?" Kurama was losing his patience quickly.

 

"He wanted me to baby-sit you."

 

"As you know detective I don't need babysitting. You may go. I'll speak to Koenma about this." He wished Yuusuke would just hurry up and leave so he could just go back to bed or collapse on the couch. Yuusuke nodded and turned to leave until he curiously looked at a little girl running towards this house. The little girl looked a little surprised before shouting.

 

"Mommy!" She said running into the walkway and rushed through the door. He looked and saw the Kurama just collapsed on the floor.

 

Even if Kurama and he had differences he just helped anyways. He ran over there and picked him up carrying him to his room. Diana followed with plenty of worry. Yuusuke placed Kurama on the bed knowing the fox would be better by the time he wakes. He was about to leave until Diana tugged on his pant leg. He looked down at her with a questioning look.

 

"Can you stay until my mommy wakes up?" she asked. Yuusuke noted that she was smart for a five-year-old kid. Though he did wonder where Kurama got the kid to call him 'mommy'.

 

"Alright," Yuusuke answered while she smiled and lifted her arms up to be carried. He picked her up and walked down the stairs maybe to do something fun. If the kitsune actually had something entertaining to do besides plants or something, it would be entertaining. All he had to do was wait for Kurama to wake up then he could leave. The atmosphere wasn't really all that comforting.

 

-----------------------------

 

Yuusuke sighed. He wasn't really that good with children. Maybe it was because of the first time he died, he died trying to get a ball for a kid. Diana, he found out the hard way, had a lot of energy without sugar. With sugar…he shuddered at that thought. He didn't want to know. He was visiting single-parenthood for a while. He just hoped Kurama could get up and take care of the little girl.

 

Right now, our poor detective is making somewhat of a decent meal with his minimal cooking skills. He's learning. Diana was hungry and wouldn't take snacks for an answer. So he had to cook something to what she wanted, which was kinda easy. The only thing he doesn't wish to do is mess up and burns the house down. Kurama would kill him for that. Literally speaking. He might as well wake sleeping beauty up before he actually does. He never even started cooking yet. Diana spotted him as he was walking towards the steps.

 

"Yuu-kun, where are you going?" she asked.

 

"Waking your 'mommy' up," he said trying to not laugh. It was still laughable since he just heard of it.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I can't cook."

 

Yuusuke continued his trek to Kurama's room. He knocked in case the kitsune was awake and would probably bite his head off if he didn't use any manners. He received no answer. Opening the door slowly he looked inside. Kurama was still asleep. He never knew the kitsune could sleep this long. Kurama actually looked a little content. But he needed help right now. He walked over to the bedside, surprised that he wasn't sensed yet. He shook the kitsune lightly but there was no sign of waking up. He shook a little harder and still didn't get a reaction. He went all out and began to shake a little harder. He was able to get a reaction but it was not what he was expecting. His hand was swatted away.

 

"Not now Diana, go play with your father…" Kurama mumbled, still asleep.

 

Yuusuke grumbled curses, seeing it pointless, he was sure that the kitsune wasn't going to wake up soon. So he left it as that. If he had to do this for one more day, Kurama was so in for it. He left and went downstairs. Maybe they could just get take-out. He picked Diana up and closed the TV before heading out the door.

 

"Yuu-kun, where are we going?" she asked.

 

"We're eating out," Yuusuke responded. Now he wondered where he could get free food. Ah, Genkai's temple. Yukina would be willing.

 

"What about Mommy?"

 

"He's going to wake up tomorrow."

 

They arrived with Yuusuke tired since he carried her all the way there. Luckily there was only Genkai and Yukina. If Kuwabara were there he'd never hear the end of it. Genkai looked at him skeptically.

 

"So you're the father?" she stated amusingly. Yuusuke fumed.

 

"No, I'm just taking her for a while," he answered.

 

"Sure, keep denying it."

 

"Wow Yuusuke is she your daughter?" Yukina said coming out from the kitchen, since she just heard the conversation. Yuusuke sighed. It was hopeless.

 

"No, Yukina, it's Kurama's. I'm just taking her out for a while."

 

"Oh, you're just in time for some dinner."

 

Genkai gave him an amused grin.

 

TBC---------------------------

 

Kinshin: I'm sorry I took so long! I've just been busy as my house is being remodeled and I can't have access to this computer because it's where I store all my stories. My other computer is where there's Internet. So here's an update. Thanks for your reviews and visits!

 

Like it? Review!