Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found Lovers ❯ Surprises And Found ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own YU YU HAKUSHO. I wish I did but you would only see Yoko and Kuronue. NOT JOKING!

Chapter 5: Surprises and Found

KV: I felt so guilty about not updating in a while that I decided to write this chapter after I fnished my last. Sorry.

Yoko: Never make another deal with your family again, okay?

KV: You bet! Now I bet someone is wondering where Kuronue is? I AM TOO! SOMEONE BATNAPPED MY BROTHER! I will KILL whoever took him, if he is not back home safe and sound with me, Yoko, and Azulmizu soon!

Yoko: Don't you think you should calm down a little? You're begining to seath.

KV: I'm trying! But this is the second time he has been taken away from me. I just can't take the heartbreak any more. *starts crying hard on Yoko's shoulder*.

Yoko: Calm down, I'm here and I will help you, along with Azulmizu, to get your brother back again.

KV: Thanks.

Yoko: No problem. Now the only way you can get your brother back is to update, and let me take care of this.

KV: Alright. Here I go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(With Aundrea at her Apartment)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rose was sitting on her bed and crying. She couldn't bear the thought of having Yoko so close, yet so far. 'I have Yoko, and yet I don't.' she kept repeating in her mind over and over again. 'And I still have to find my brother.' Nothing was going to escape her mind. Tears she tried to surpress while living here, came flowing fast and hard. She just knew that she had to do something to get her life and family back in order.

'I will get you all back, even if it means my own death I will!' She slowly started to fall asleep with the nightmares she had always known. Even as she slept she wept tears for the ones she wanted back. It seemed nothing could calm her tears for the rest of her life.

As she slept in her troubled sleep, she failed to notice two green eyes looking at her through her bedroom window. The person belonging to the green eyes slowly opened her window and silently, so as not to wake her, crept across the room to the sleeping and unknowing body. He looked at the back of the girl and went to the otherside of the bed, so as to see her face. A frown worked its way upon his face as he saw those tears trailing down it.

He moved his hand foward and wiped away those atrocious tears. Soon they were replaced by new ones, and he wiped those away as well. He eventually gave up, knowing he would not stop her crying. 'I wish she would stop.' was one of the few coherent thoughts that were running through his tortured and sad mind. This was the worst pain he had ever felt. But why shouldn't it be? Mental torture is worse than physical torture by far. 'I want to hold you in my arms and be near you, but sadly I cannot yet. You probably won't even forgive me for not trying to find you. I wouldn't blame you, I would be mad at myself too if I were you.'

She started to stir in bed and he froze with fear. As she settled back into her horrible sleep he thought to leave her alone (if you haven't figured who out he is yet, it's Kurama in human form). He lightly kissed her forehead, which made her sigh happily, and he walked to the window. Before exiting the room he looked at her one more time and whispered, "I love you." As he said those last words for the night, he left and headed for his home, now in deep thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(With Kurama at his House)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kurama silently snuck back into his house without anyone noticing. He walked over to his bed and sat on the edge. All he could do was contemplate how his life changed completely in one day. He didn't have much time to ponder his thoughts as sleep overwhelmed him. He just laid in his bed as he dozed off into a similar, troubled, dream to that of Rose. He dreamed of the past, what happened today, and both possible endings to his future.

He also didn't notice he had a late night visitor. Although it wasn't someone he would expect to see. Two mysterious red eyes were watching him and thinking of the same events that today had brought. 'So, you didn't have it as easy as I thought, Kurama. We have something in common, a black and horrid past. Don't think you can forget it. I too have tried and it has left scars that will last forever. Its just that your life might have a happy ending, and who knows, maybe someday mine will too. Although I doubt that. You would think that since you're my best and only friend you would have told me, but I understand how painful it is for a loved one to be so close, yet so far, and to not want them to know the truth behind your previous actions. I understand why you keep telling me to tell her the truth, and yet you can't even do as you ask. Life is funny this way. You're coming way closer to telling her than I came to telling my sister. I guess this will make us even better friends in the long run. See you tomorrow. You might need the comfort and the extra help.' With that final thought Kurama's 'visitor' left using his super speed and agility (yes that was Hiei, and I wanted to show they were just friends, and that they have a lot more in common then they first thought).

~~~~~~~~~~~~(At Aundrea's the next morning)~~~~~~~~~~

She slowly woke from the sad painful dreams. She didn't shoot up from surprise because she was expecting those dreams. She was so used to her mental torture that she could only cry and take what came at her. She slowly got off the bed and went to the bathroom to get ready for those long awaited and yet dreadful moments that she would have to face. She wasn't in her demon form but she was close. Her knee length black hair was in a high ponytail (one of the very few ways she wears it), she was still in her human hieght of 5' 6 1/2", she was wearing a light purple (lavender) peasant blouse with 3/4 sleeves, black jeans with tears in both knees, and her black 3" heel boots.

After getting dressed she decided to go out to get something to eat because she wasn't in the mood to cook at the time. She decided to go to a resturant called "Denny's." (Just go with it please, I know next to nothing about Japan, their resturants, customs, and the types of foods they have). She had waffles with a little suryp, eggs, and country style potatoes. Although she wasn't in the mood to eat she finished her meal thinking she would be too depressed later to eat. She paid the bill with a generous tip and left, all the time she remained near silent.

She headed to the park and sat on the bench waiting patiently and anxiously at the same time. She listened to the birds sing their morning song and questioned how they could be so happy. With the extra time she had to spare she listened to the birds sing their heart out. Some of the birds didn't fare too well though. If any got too close to her she killed them on sight. She was so into the birds and their melody, she didn't realize that the same eyes from last night were looking at her again. She was disturbed from her thoughts as Kurama made his presence known. He sat down next to her, and when she still didn't notice him, he tapped her on the shoulder. That got her attention a little too well.

"AHHH!" Audrea screamed from the fact that this was the time a lot more of her life was going to change. 'I am not ready, but I have to know.' "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." "It's alright. So, tell me your story." "You're not that patient are you?" "Not at this current moment in time, no." "Okay... Well I did warn you this was going to be long, didn't I." "Yes. Now will you please hurry up and stop delaying?" "Yes. Well I was a well known person in the Makai and I was a fool. I was a theif, as I told you before. But a fatal wound caused me to come here to the Ningenkai." As Kurama was explaining he failed to notice he was being watched by those same red eyes again.

"Back then, as I'm sure you figured out by now, I was called Yoko Kurama." At this point Aundrea was trying her hardest to hold back the overwhelming tears that threatened to fall at any moment. Kurama took the silence as the fact she wanted him to continue, and continue he did. "As you know well, I'm sure, my friend Kuronue died, he was also my lover's brother. After his death she fell into a state of depression as did I. I didn't let my feelings show as I tried to comfort her, but nothing worked. After awhile she stopped eating and sleeping, only to spend her nights and days crying. She was begging to get really sick, so I tried my best to get her to eat and sleep. After my failed attempts I couldn't stand to look at her sick and grieving body. I went outside to clear my head to try and figure a way to save her life, before she starved to death. I failed once again. The same enemy that killed my friend also fatally wounded me. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice that hunter was there. After driving a knief through my heart, that had poison on it, I was beyond help as it spread through my blood. I was so caught up in those thoughts from earlier that I also failed to see her behind a tree as she watched on in horror."

He stopped to take a deep breath and relax his sore body. Dispite his pain, he remembered as the knife went through him, the pain she must have felt as she watched his death. "I was avenged by her and watched as she killed my hunter. Even though she was weak from not eating and not sleeping and that battle, she still walked over to me. I told her that I knew I wasn't going to make it for I was on my last breath, practically. She cried and told me that she couldn't lose her brother and me. I apologized and told her I was going to Ningenkai and that was where she could find me. Slowly I pulled my soul from my body, created a portal, and looked at her for the last time. The last I saw of her was when she rested her head on my chest and screamed out my name in a fit, full of tears."

Audrea was having the hardest time not crying as she looked at the pain streaked face of her lover. She held back the tears with all she had daring not to speak for her voice would break and she would start crying. Again Kurama took the silence as a sign to continue, not knowing the true turmoil she was going through. "I had to find a suitable body and get my stength back, so I could create a new body to live in. I chose the soulless body of the child you see in front of you. I was given the new identity of Suichi Minamino, son of Shoiri Minamino. I shared this body with the other soul, that of the true son of Mrs. Minamino. I was only supposed to stay in this body for ten years and then head back to Makai, but something changed those plans. I came to love my human mother. I didn't expect to. I made a vow not to let anyone near my heart after I was forced to leave my mate. That all changed when I was around the age of 5. I was reaching for something in the kitchen. It was too high for me to reach, so my mother offered to assist me. Refusing the idea of needing help, I declined, got a stool, and tried to reach for it. I was successful in reaching it, but in the process of bringing it down I knocked over the plates sitting under the object. The dishes came crashing down and in the attempt to save me from injury, she covered me and protected me, she got many cuts from the dishes, leaving her with permanent scars. I promised that from that day forward I would be the best son to her. In that promise I still didn't forget my mate. In fact, I thought of her more than ever. I realized that before I left her she was near death. I figured that she had either died from all of the events that had taken place, rather than live on and deal with the pain, or she decided to forget her past and start a new and better life, maybe even find a new mate."

He felt a pang in his heart as he said those last two sentences. He couldn't bare the thought of her dead or with a new mate. With what little determination he had left he continued on with the story. He didn't know that Audrea felt the same pain at the thought of him worrying and the thought he gave up on her. But she didn't have time to waste on those thoughts as he started again.

"After about 10 years I turned 15, and I still am. I had kept my promise and still hadn't forgotten my mate, refusing to let her slip from my mind. She was too important to me to just forget. While at school I was brought out of my thoughts of her when I was told to go to the office. I didn't think it was anything serious, so I took my time. Little did I know that my stupidity, once again, would bring me down to Earth. They told me my mother had a life threatening disease. That brought my memories back ten fold. I remembered how sick she was and ran to the hospital worrying that I would lose another dear person to me. They told me it would be a miracle if she survived. I was desperate. I had to find a way to save at least one of the people I cared for in my life. I joined up with people who wanted to steal some important artifacts from Koenma. In return for joining them I would get to use the Forlorn Hope. I could have one wish, any wish, but at a high price. If I made a wish and it was granted I would die. I planned on wishing for my mothers life in excange for my own. Still keeping in mind my dear mate. I knew that if she was dead I could join her in the spirit world or that when she did die we could be togehter again. This is how I met Yusuke. In truth the whole reason I'm on the team is because of this incident. Yusuke had seen a mother grieve over her dead child before and didn't want that. He decided to give his life in exchange for mine. Since it was an ungrateful act no lives were taken and the wish was granted. My mother lived and so did I. But as punishment for stealing I had to work with the spirit detectives to repent for my theivery. A good exchange for someone who didn't want to go to jail. I was forced to join along with Hiei who assisted me in the stealing. So that was why I was after you as you know."

As he finished he wiped a tear from his eye before it fell. Aundrea couldn't take his suffering anymore and cried as hard as she could. Kurama already knew it was his lover that was crying for him and gentally hugged her, trying to calm her tears as he did those many years ago. After staying like that for quite some time, she finally slowed her tears enough to talk to him. But before she got the chance to speak he spoke first. "Its been so long since I held you in my arms Audrea." "Too long in my opinion." He smiled down at her and slowly moved in for a kiss. They were so close, she could feel his warm breath on her lips, that is, until she pulled away and slapped him. Kurama was shocked and yet he understood quite well. "Are you mad at me?" "Yes! Look at you. You thought that I wouldn't come to find you. You thought that I had found a new mate or died. I thought you knew me better than that, I guess, I was wrong." With that Aundrea ran home crying and crying hard. At the end of the park she had to walk because she was too tired and upset to run. Slowly she walked to the front of her house and entered.

After coming in through the front door and closing it as she colapsed and continued to cry. "Why... Ku... ra... ma? Did... n't... you... think... I... wou... ld... come... for.. you? I... lo... ve... you... mo... re... than... any... thing!" she cried and cried, as she replayed the scene in her mind, over and over again. This was all too stressful for one girl to handle in her life. She was just so fed up with her life, she decided it was either time to give up, as he had done, or time to start anew. 'I can't give up hope in him, can I?'

*************************************************************** *******************

KV: Sorry if that was a lttle depressing. I had to make it this way though because it is a drama fic too. And this helps me work with the events that are to come next.

Yoko: Is that all you have to say love?

KV: Yes, that and that I'm going to get Maruken back for what she said at school today! As for getting things back, Yoko, how are you doing on finding my brother?

Yoko: It's coming along just fine. But what did Maruken say?

KV: *Whispers something in Yoko's ear*

Yoko: She said THAT?! Hey, wait a minute. Is that such a bad thing? *Gets perverted glint in eye*

KV: Yoko you pervert! *Slaps him and then kisses him*

Yoko: What was that for?

KV: The slap was for being perverted, again, and the kiss means it wasn't all that bad of a thought.

Yoko: So, you will then?

KV: Hm... Let me think about that a second...

Yoko: Oh no, I know whats coming.

KV: ... NO. Maybe in your dreams Foxy. Or maybe in the future. *Winks* Well it's time to say bye to everyone. Bye and please if anyone cares at all, please for the love of all the GODS, review.

Yoko: What she said.