Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Memories ❯ Father Dearest ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bekka decided she wanted to spend the day walking around the city, so when the other boys and Botan arrived with a new girl, they left Kurama's house. The new girl was introduced as Keiko and seemed to be a quite girl, a contrast to the boys. The girls walked ahead of the boys, gossiping about clothes in windows and on people they passed. It was a very relaxed and light hearted day for them. The boys, however, were getting bored. Around lunch time, the group decided to eat in a park. Unfortunately, a group of junior thugs thought the park and its contents belonged to them.

"Hey, three little birdies for us to play with, boys," the leader of the group crowed. The four guys with him laughed like horses as if that were the funniest thing they'd ever heard.

Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama, and Hiei started to get up when Bekka piped up, "Aww, c'mon, let me have some fun. It's been so long since I've got to play with idiots." She smiled wickedly when they looked at her stupidly. "There's only five of them. If I can't handle it, you're here. Let me have some fun, please," she wheedled.

Hiei looked at her, "It's your funeral," and sat back down. The other three remained uncertain, but Bekka took the initiative and got up.

She walked, or rather, slinked toward the leader of the group, moving her body seductively. "You wanna play, big boy?" she purred, walking right up to him. She put her fingers on his shoulder and walked around him, looking him up and down with smokey eyes. "You really think you can play with me, big boy, hmmm?" she continued purring, keeping the boy off balance with this approach. She saw he had a knife and took that from him as she continued to deliberately confuse and seduce him. "Let's see if you like my game," her voice lost its purr and became steel as she kicked the boy's feet out from under him. She leapt away from him, giving herself room to maneuver. "Who's next, hmmmm? Who wants to play with this little birdie?" She kept the knife concealed in the palm of her hand, standing upright, facing the boys.

"Get her!" the fallen leader yelled. "No bitch gets away with that. Get her and we'll show her what it means to play!" His voice was heavy with threats.

Bekka laughed, "Yes, please, show me what it means to play. Come and play with me!" Two of the boys ran toward her, arms outstretched, as if they expected to catch her. She watched them approach casually, then, when they were in reach, lashed out and punched both of them squarely in the face. She danced away from their flailing hands and watched the other two approaching, only slightly more cautiously. She jumped and landed on the head of one, causing him to fall on the ground as she leapt away and kicked the other across the head. Both were out for the count. She looked at the leader of the group. He was standing, patting his pockets. "Looking for this?" she held out his knife.

"YOU!" he roared and lunged at her. She dodged easily, but not quite far enough. He grabbed her shirt and used it to pull her toward him. She used his knife and cut herself free. She danced out of his grip and faced him again, this time with no laughter. He however, was laughing, holding up the tatter from her shirt. "You stupid girl. I'll get you, yet."

"Why is it people are constantly calling me stupid?" she asked in an irritated voice.

"Because you are!"

"If that's the best you can come up with, I suggest attacking again. I refuse to battle wits with an unarmed opponent." He roared in outrage and again lunged at her. She leapt over his head, landing behind him, facing him, swept her leg around, and catching his feet. He fell heavily on the ground and she stuck the knife into the collar of his shirt, blade touching his skin. "I win, idiot. Leave us alone, or I'll make you buy me a new wardrobe." She got up, dusted off her hands, and rejoined her friends.

"Well," she said as she sat down again, "that was fun, but now I need a new shirt."

"You almost got yourself killed!" Yusuke shouted at her.

"How do you figure that? None of them touched me." Bekka looked up at him innocently.

"You're out of practice. You didn't dodge far enough and he caught your shirt." Kurama pointed out.

"Well, yeah, there's that, I guess, maybe," she blushed. "But, he didn't get me, just my shirt," she grinned broadly at him. Her eyes were sparkling with excitement. Her grin deepened, "That was fun, too." She looked at Hiei, a mischievous glint in her eyes, "Disappointed there'll be no funeral?"

"Are you always so careless?" he returned.

"Careless?" her eyes widened. "Me, careless? How do you figure?"

"You've spent the past week in bed, out of you mind, and almost the first thing you do is get yourself in a fight when any one of us could have taken care of it?"

"I'm not used to depending on other people. I've had to rely on myself. I know what I can handle," she returned, her eyes becoming serious.

"I don't think that's entirely true. It's the one thing your afraid of. You are afraid to trust anyone and that is your weakness." He was calm, but he didn't understand why he was saying this to her.

Her eyes narrowed, "What are you driving at?"

"Until you learn to rely on someone else, you will never truly have control over your life."

She frowned at him, her eyes sharp as she held his eyes. "Oberon, if you have something to say to me, just show up and say it. Quit using other people." Hiei shook his head as the compulsion to speak left him

A normal looking man in a business suit walked up and sat on the ground with the group. "How did you know it was me, Bekka? Your powers are supposed to be bound?"

She looked at him. "He was confused," she answered simply.

"So, you've become observant, as is expected when you play with Loki."

"What are you driving at, Oberon? Why take the trouble to show up here anyway? It's not like you."

"Bekka, my dear, you've been at this game a long time. I know that you grow weary of playing it. I know that you've been told you're part of a larger game, and it is time for the next move to be made in that game, which means this game is drawing to a close. Unfortunately, it does not end here or now, but it will end soon. I cannot tell you how to end the game, but I can give you clues. You have served well, Bekka, and you will be rewarded for your services. Pay attention to what you are told. Fare well, my dear." With that, he rose and walked away.

A/N In response to request for more…I give you more :D I think this is the end of this story…No….This IS the end of this story. I may write more of Bekka's story, but it will not be set in the YYH universe. Thank you, my enthusiastic reviewers who make this fun, and I will answer questions if you want to e-mail them to me. I have the spare time to get a rapid turn around, at least for awhile…I'm thinking of posting my original works on my web page, so please e-mail me if that's something you're interested in….I'll send you a link when I get it coded and uploaded. :D Thanks and Enjoy :D