Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Hate ❯ Everlasting ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love and Hate- Chapter 7: "Everlasting"

By Matoko Shizaki

Disclaimer: FUNimation owns YYH.

Notes: I know, I know. That's a sad ending isn't it? Tearjerker I think! Well, did you really…? Never mind… I won't spoil it for you… ^_^

@~@~@~@~@~@

Yukina held Kuwabara's head close to hers, no breath escaping his lips. His face was pale and lifeless and Yukina felt totally helpless. "Kuwabara, I never should've…" Sobbing broke up her sentence and Yukina rubbed her cheek against her beloved's. Feeling a strange attraction, Yukina laid Kuwabara's head back on the ground and kneeled over him. "Doesn't every hero, even a fallen one, deserve a kiss?" she asked smiling through her tears. The others watched as Yukina knelt down and kissed Kuwabara, the loving feeling she had felt that night at the carnival still buried deep inside her. "Our love is everlasting Kuwabara…" she thought, not letting go.

Botan gasped as a strange glow spread over Yukina and Kuwabara. There spirit energies were intertwined with each other's and Yukina felt a warm feeling spread through out her body. Suddenly, a hand touched her cheek. "I said it before and I'll say it again…I loved you from the second I saw your face on the video Koenma sent us. I still love you, Yukina." Yukina's eyes widened and she put her hand to the hand on her cheek. "Kuwabara!" Kuwabara looked up from where he lay on the ground. Yukina threw herself at him, hugging him harder then she'd ever hugged anyone before. "OW! Careful Yukina! That hurts!" Kuwabara laughed sitting up. Yusuke grabbed Kuwabara in a headlock. "You damn punk! You had us all worried! We thought you were dead!" Kurama and Hiei looked on appreciating. "Well, in reality, he was." Botan said looking puzzled. "Say what?" Yusuke asked letting go of Kuwabara. Yukina sat to the side still holding Kuwabara's hand and shedding tears of joy. "The antidote to the poison in the Sword of Sorrow is love! Yukina's love and wanting to exchange her life for Kuwabara's was enough to break the spell. Yukina and Kuwabara looked at each other and smiled. "Doesn't the hero get another kiss?" Yukina smiled and shoved Kuwabara playfully. "Ya, okay." Grabbing his collar, Yukina pulled Kuwabara closer and kissed him causing Kuwabara's face to turn bright red. Everyone laughed as the clouds cleared and the sun shone bright over Maze Castle once more.

Yukina stood next to Botan, the portal to Makai open. "I guess you'll be going home now that things are good here." Kuwabara said rubbing the back of his head. Yukina nodded and straightened out her kimono. "I guess so, but I promise I've visit soon Kuwabara." Kuwabara nodded and accepted Yukina's hugged. Their lips neared each other and locked in a sweet goodbye kiss. "Goodbye Kazuma. I love you." Kuwabara smiled. "I guess that love is everlasting huh?" Yukina nodded and waved goodbye, disappearing into the portal after Botan.

"Ah, young love!" Yusuke laughed in a girly voice. "Urameshi! Why you!" Yusuke laughed and started running, Kuwabara close at his heels. "Arg! When I catch you Urameshi I'm going to wring your neck!" Kurama and Hiei watched as Yusuke ran, Kuwabara closing in even more every second. "They never will learn will they?" Kurama asked with a smile. Hiei shook his head and watched intently. "$5 says that Yusuke gets away from Kuwabara." Hiei said with a laugh. Kurama nodded. "You're on!"

::~THE END~::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man! That was tiring but satisfying! To tell you readers, this is really the first fan fiction I've ever finished. ^_^;; Good to know I did something right!

This is without doubt one of those times where you'd love to say: "All's well that ends well!" This story took five days to write and even longer to make up. Thanks for reading this until the bitter end!

Oh, if you have any suggestions for another fic I'd be happy to hear them.