Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love can be Hell ❯ How it began ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Based on rp (role playing) with BloodyVampiress. Kikyou, a half vampire, is hired to kill Hiei; Hisa goes to a new school, yet again, and meets a certain red head. Incredible adventures await the four friends as their friendship grows, could this possibly be the start of a new romance? There really is no plot for the end, we just kept going and I decided to change it into a story. Read, enjoy and reviews are appreciated.
 
Disclaimer: Neither BloodyVampiress nor myself own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of the characters we use for your entertainment. She owns Kikyou, Kijuro and Kiku and I own Hisa, Riko, Toshi and Chito and whoever else we invented…
 
Love can be Hell
By Animefreak_11
(and I credit BloodyVampiress for 65% of the ideas though she disagrees…)
 
“blah” - talking
`blah' - thinking
~blah~ - telepathy
~*blah*~ - scene change
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
Chapter 1: How it began
 
~*Demon world*~
Hiei was wandering around Makai aimlessly, killing whoever dared to pick a fight with him, in which case none survived. His katana was clutched in his right hand as he blurred behind a low class demon and sliced him in tiny pieces, which fell to the ground that became tainted with filthy green blood. After wiping his katana on the dead demon's clothes, he sheathed his now shiny weapon and started walking at his normal pace, his piercing red eyes glancing around the area furtively.
 
He was at the border of a town, the end of a more or less tranquil forest since he had to kill at least a dozen demons just to get through. Somehow they always seemed to pick a fight with him, maybe it was just because of his height, or maybe his reputation had preceded him and they all wanted revenge for a distant cousin's twin twice removed from his sister's friend's uncle. In any case, the forest was now calm and quiet and one could hear the peaceful running sound of a nearby stream if one listened closely enough.
 
The sun shone brightly, its light being absorbed into the leaves of the trees to produce oxygen by photosynthesis and all that wonderful stuff that nature does without being noticed by any living creatures living on two legs, also known as humans. For we all know the animals are well aware of what nature does to make us live. Today was quite a windy day, there was always a small breeze but strong enough to mess up your hair and hear the complaints from miles away… Well to those who cared about their hair style anyway, I doubt that includes Hiei.
 
Meanwhile, Kikyou was sitting on the porch of her old looking mansion in Makai, bored out of her mind. The wind caused her black waist length hair with highlights to drift in the air smoothly, then slowly settle back on her shoulder. She sighed loudly and started walking around the huge property she lived on, patrolling for any sign of trouble, her midnight blue eyes reflecting some of the daylight. Her body was suddenly lifted into the air, levitating. After all she was half vampire, and a quarter fire and the other quarter shadow demon, she could do as she pleased.
 
So she flew around for quite a while, telling the other vampires living in the mansion what should be fixed or congratulating them on their latest marriage or talk show. Once she was done flying around the humongous property she flew out, above the gates and the well kept gardens and started walking towards wherever the wind would direct her.
 
~*Human world, Kurama's school*~
Kurama walked to his locker, a trail of fan girls behind him asking if they could sit next to him this year. “Sorry ladies, I'm afraid I am not the one doing the seating chart.” he smiled kindly at them, then looked at his new schedule, putting in his locker the books he wouldn't need for the morning. Once he told the girls waiting for him that he'd be heading for class, they all whined inaudibly and were forced to walk away from him. Kurama chuckled, sweat dropping and looked at his schedule again, going to his classroom.
 
Hisa's almost grey eyes looked nervously at her new school, `Why do we have to move so much?' she mentally sighed, perfectly knowing why. It was something her parents shouldn't be proud of, running away every time a problem arose, yet they didn't care. They said, “It's good for your social life.” Even though they didn't really mean it since they had no idea what a social life was in the first place. She went to the office, told the secretary her name and got her schedule, her locker number, a lock and was given the books she needed.
 
The first bell rung, signifying students had six minutes to go to their classroom, `Oh no… I'm going to be late on my first day!' stressed Hisa as she hurried to her locker, checked her schedule and hurried to her first class, English. After an embarrassing introduction, thank the teacher, she went to her next class, Biology. And in each class, teachers introduced her as a new student and that everyone should be nice to her and show her around. Finally the lunch bell rang and Hisa was glad to have a break from weird stares because of the color of her eyes.
 
“Yes, it's natural.” she affirmed to a dozen people interested in her not because she was new but just because of her eyes. Eventually, she managed to open her locker and get out her lunch: a bottle of water. Dropping her bag on the green grass, Hisa sat down alone and thought the worst part of the day was over, she only had two classes left after lunch, History and Math. Sitting in the refreshing shadow of a tall oak tree, she drank her water and unconsciously rubbed her left shoulder, wincing slightly. The sun was high in the blue sky and the breeze picked up, making her medium length light black hair and her skirt drift until the breeze died down.
 
The bell rang and the students lazily stood up from their spot to head back to their classes which has the A/C on, it couldn't be that disturbing... Only two more hours of torture, but it could be worse. Since today was only the first day, they didn't have any homework, luckily. `I'm sure I'll have plenty to do anyway…' thought Hisa sighing, heading to History class, trying to avoid another embarrassing teacher pointing and student staring situation…
 
~*Makai*~
Hiei arrived in a town filled with thieves, murderers, rapists and such other lovely company. Later, tired of walking pointlessly around a town where nothing seemed appealing, Hiei grunted and blurred away towards the peacefulness of the forest. Once he was alone, he walked on a dirt path bordered by boulders and bushes, thinking about what Koenma asked of him. “Hn. He'll wait.” he said smirking, remembering the last time Koenma had tried to urge Hiei to do something. Let's just say he wasn't ready to forget how close he came of staying a baby forever…
 
Kikyou dropped back to the ground, remembering she had a job to accomplish. She took out a picture, more like a sketched drawing, of a demon with three eyes and spiky hair and flipped it backwards where there was the name, description, demon class and the “job” description itself. Kikyou looked at the sketch again and closed her eyes, trying to locate him. She disappeared as a black circle formed under her feet and absorbed her, when she opened her eyes she was in the town Hiei had just left.
 
`He's been here… I can sense his energy but—where is he now?' she thought walking quickly through the packed street full of shops, stands and running thieves. Kikyou smirked as she felt his energy out of the town, further up north, `Here I go.' And she was off again, hopping from clean alley to dirty alley until the town was behind her and she found herself surrounded by trees of all sizes, rustling every time a cool gust of wind ruffled their healthy branches.
 
Hiei had his hands in his pockets, looking bored as always when he stopped walking, someone was emerging from the shadows in front of him. It was a girl about 5'2, she had long black hair with dark blue highlights, deep blue eyes and fair skin. Hiei narrowed his eyes, his hand going to the hilt of his katana by pure reflex and he waited. “You are Hiei Jaganshi, ne?” asked a soft, kind voice as her eyes twinkled with knowledge. “Hn. What if I am?” he replied coldly taking out an inch of the blade of his katana.
 
Kikyou grinned, “Good.” she nodded, jumping behind him as she got her scythe out in mid air. She landed behind Hiei and lashed out her weapon, meant to hit him in the back but Hiei countered it with his katana, glaring at the strange girl who seemed to know him too well.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
That's it for now… I'll probably write more when I'm done multi-tasking and beta reading… I hope you enjoyed this and review if you wish, criticism encouraged! (Yes, that does indeed mean constructive criticism! Thanks Painin Uranus!) This is the edited version… hope it's better.
 
They deleted my other account so I'm back with this one. Please bare with me… I'm really sorry about the inconvenience but… I think I suffered the most in that… Lost all my favorites and all my reviews…