Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love from The Heavens ❯ A Mysterious GIrl ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

How can you forbid love?

And not feel guilty…

Does it matter if you're enemies?

Or just good friends…

A princess and a commoner,

A demon to an angel.

Love is forever, love is true,

For all I know…

You can't forbid love,

Without feeling guilty…

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*= *=*=*=

Kurama have had many girls try their best to catch his eye but he always turned them down, so why is it different now? Was he in love? Why? Was the new girl in school that different then all the other girls he met? The answer was yes…He was in love and she is different… When his teacher announced about having a new student Kurama wasn't exactly thrilled or excited until she walked through the door, into the room. He didn't recall the teacher telling the class the she would look so… Beautiful.

She was beyond words can describe, too lovely to be of this earth, too kind to be any regular human. Long graceful legs, warm sapphire blue eyes, waist length fawn-light brown colored hair tied into a low ponytail, and a tender smile that can melt any sun. There was one thing that interested him, and that was her spirit energy. Kurama never felt that one person can hold such a huge amount of spirit energy like that, but does that really matter.

Staring down at his homework, Kurama felt for some reason that his brain would not work! All of a sudden his mind wandered off to wonderland again his mind filled with this mysterious girl, he didn't even get her name yet! Still, he'll ask her after the weekend, now back to homework. After awhile and was still stuck on the same problem, the phone rang and Kurama was more than happy to pick it up. It was Yuusuke on the other line.

"Hey! Kurama? Koenma told me to deliver this message to everyone, guess what it is. " Said Yuusuke over the phone, in a bored voice.

"Go meet him at his office?" was the best and the only guess Kurama could think of. What else could it be? He thought to himself.

"Good guess, and also to be there ASAP," and with that Yuusuke hung up.

Kurama also hung up. Any good excuses to get my mind off of her. He thought closing his book, although his father wouldn't think that.And a good excuse to get out for a while.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

Upon reaching Koenma's office Kurama saw that he was a little bit late considering that everyone was there already. Yuusuke, the boy the phone him, medium height, strong and a stubborn hardhead, Kuwabara, Yuusuke's best friend, tall with carrot colored hair, ugly yes, but a very big heart, Hiei, Kurama's best friend although he's a bit quiet and dangerous, Kurama won his respect. Koenma was there also, normally a toddler but this time a teenager, still sucking his pacifier, son of Yama king of spirit world and Koenma is the prince.

After giving Kurama a reproachful look Koenma finally began telling the Rekia team about their next mission. "Ok, now that everyone is here I get straight to the point. Your next mission is to protect this girl." With that Koenma turned on the TV showing a picture of…

"That's the new girl in my class!" exclaimed Kurama. Everyone's head was turned in his direction, apparently demanding an explanation. "Well, today the teacher announced a new student and that's her."

Koenma looked well…happy about this, and immediately gave Kurama the responsibility off keeping an eye on her during school and that means, make friends with her, and make her a study buddy. "Her name is Usagi, just so you know," was the last thing Koenma said before they left.

Once they were out of ear shot Kuwabara and Yuusuke started rambling on about how lucky Kurama is.This is going to be a long day… was the only thing Kurama could think of.

^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^

On Monday Kurama was still a bit nervous about talking to Usagi but if he wanted to fail the mission than he won't even say a word to her, and that is the last thing he wanted to happen. During lunch he walked up causally to Usagi and asked, "Is this seat taken?" Pointing at the seat next to her.

Usagi shook her head after replying "No it's free, you can sit down if you want." Kurama sat down and couldn't think of anything to say except thanks.

There an awkward silence until Usagi asked, "You're the boy I sit next in homeroom and biology right?"

Kurama nodded and replied, "Yeah, my name is Shuuichi Minamino, and I didn't get yours' yet."

"Usagi, and it's nice to meet you Shuuichi," with that she gave him a brief smile before continuing, "Hey, I haven't really made any friends yet so…do you mind being my partner in the biology lab?"

Kurama couldn't believe his luck, at least now he doesn't have to feel embarrassed asking her, she already asked him! " It'll be honor," he returned but before her could do anything else the bell rang meaning it's time go back into class.

"Well nice meeting you Shuuichi! See ya in Science!" shouted Usagi running towards the building.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_ +_+_+_+

That night the Rekai team met up at Kurama's house to discuss what was happening so far. "So you hit the jackpot Kurama! No sweat protecting her now! But…I wonder why is she so important?" exclaimed Yuusuke, taking a deep drink of tea from the cup.

"Yeah Yuusuke's got a point there, What makes her different that Koenma would go through the trouble of having us follow her?" echoed Kuwabara also drinking his tea.

"Because she's not a human…" Now it was Hiei's turn to be stared at.

"What do you means she's not a human, eh? Shrimp? Besides how can you tell?" Kuwabara demanded immediately.

"Hn, A normal human doesn't have that much spirit energy and even if they did they can't control it, so yes Kuwabara, She's definitely stronger than you…" replied Hiei in an unusually calm voice.

It was silent for awhile until Yuusuke thought of something else, "If she's not human than she's a demon right?"

Kurama shook his head thoughtfully before answering, "She's not a demon, She's something else, although I can't put my finger on it…"

Once again the room went quiet until there was a knock on the door. "I'll answer it," Kurama got up and opened the door and was surprised to see Usagi.

"Hi! Shuuichi!" greeted Usagi as she stepped into the house, "Sorry to disturb you but, judging by your look you must have forgotten that we've got an assignment we have to do."

Suddenly Kurama remembered telling Usagi that she could come over and work with him on the Biology report. "Well come in then, I want to introduce you to some of my friends."

Taking Usagi by the hand Kurama led her to the living room there; Yuusuke and Kuwabara stared at the two with their mouths hanging open. Gracefully Kurama waved his hand at Yuusuke introducing Usagi to him, then waved at Kuwabara, and once again at Hiei. The strange thing was that Usagi was strangely cold when she shook Hiei's hand and Hiei was no exception.

The four of them talked for a while (Hiei didn't participate) about normal everyday stuff, school, weather, teachers, tuff classes (Yuusuke and Kuwabara manage to somehow get Usagi willing enough to help them in English), etc. After awhile Yuusuke had to go home, and Kuwabara had to rush otherwise his older sister would lock him out for being late again. The only people left are Kurama, Usagi, and Hiei.

Usagi and Kurama talked for a while before she had to go also. When Kurama was sure Usagi was out of earshot he turned to Hiei and asked, "What's wrong Hiei? Why aren't you getting along with Usagi?"

The only reply he got was "Hn."

One or two minutes later there was a crashing sound from outside and the two friends rushed to see what it was.

When they reached the scene they saw Usagi and six SS (Super strong) class demons surrounding her. Kurama was about to run and help her when he noticed Usagi was holding a glowing orange colored chain in her hand, performing the most elegant and well-performed attacks he had ever seen.

Turning to look at Hiei for what to do but seeing that Hiei was already helping Usagi fight off the demons he too joined the fight. It only took ten minutes to have the demons run for their lives, and after that it gave Kurama plenty of time to question Hiei and Usagi.

"Ok, I want decent explanations from the both of you!" he said after the three of them sat down on the cool grass. Hiei and Usagi gave each other a look of poison before explaining.

"Fine if you to know Kurama then I'll tell you, besides I already suspected something when I met you," said Usagi, "looks like my cousin Koenma hired you guys to "protect" me, che."

The first thing that came into Kurama's mind was how Usagi knew all these things, but allowed her to continue instead. "I'm also a princess, Princess Usagi of the Celestian Palace, and I came to earth to get away from there. Also, my connection with Hiei? Well let's just say we met before and didn't really see eye to eye about anything."

Kurama looked from Hiei to Usagi surprised the two had met before. I wonder what they've got in a disagreement about. He wondered looking at them. Hiei got up with his katana, "Hn, I'm leaving, Sayonara fox, rabbit," and with that he left.

Usagi got up and dusted herself off and turned to Kurama "Don't bother following my cousins' orders and protect me. I can take care of myself!" and walked away. Kurama saw she was slightly limping and soon she to the ground.

Rushing to her side he saw that she had a bad cut on her leg and a high fever. He quickly got her up and carried her to his house, as fast as he can.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_

Usagi was still at a high fever when Kurama got home. Carefully he got up to his room and laid her on his bed, then went into the bathroom to get a damp warm cloth to place on her forehead. Back in his room Kurama took the best of care with Usagi and sat down at his desk staring at her.

A Celestial Maiden? That's hard to believe, not to mention a princess. He thought looking at her perfect frame. Quietly and cautiously he walked up his bed and just looked at her. Slowly he placed his head directly above hers and moved down pressing his lips to hers.

It didn't matter what Usagi said about being able to take care of herself, he was going to protect her. Pulling away from the kiss Kurama told himself to never tell her what he had had done and walked out of the room closing the door behind him. Lying down on the sofa Kurama fell into a deep sleep ready for what ever might happen.

To be continued in:

Part 2

My True Identity…

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~##~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

A quick summary:

What's going on between Usagi and Hiei? Well, you'll soon find out in part 2. Also Kurama confesses his love and his identity to his beloved but the reaction wasn't exactly what he was expecting…

Author's Note: Yes… it sucks doesn't it… I don't suggest you read the second chapter, it's way worse than this… Well that's what Yuusuke and Kuwabara said to me… *Sniff*