Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Lullaby ❯ Lullaby ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
my sanity, and YYH are both not mine. My love of song-fics will never die. Full warning this is not a happy little thing and it is short. Inspired by the song, “Pet” by A Perfect Circle.


“How much blood can one night hold?” Karasu muses as he softly hums stepping over the still beating heart of his prey’s mother. The roars of determination that once bounced of the pristine walls of the small estate, have all faded into whimpers of realization, leaking from the lips of the last fragile soul as he trembles wide eyed in the corner covered in his father blood still gripping the lifeless hand of his “new” mother.

The demon calmly walks through the house carelessly touching the walls, the furniture and the beautifully crafted knick-knacks, which still gave this home charm despite the blood that dripped from them. He listens in amusement as the telepathic curses of his last obstacle fade into oblivion. Karasu glides to the staircase ascending each heavenly step as his mind paints a lovely picture of his reincarnated angel.

Upstairs in a room, decorated oh so quaintly with a single bed, a large tastefully cluttered desk, and a perfectly balance chest of drawers with a vase of roses. Each blossom is grown in the spirit fox’s own perfect image. A torn angel awaits his demon’s blessed arrival. The lingering smell of burning flesh and unhealed wounds perfume the air.

Warm blood trickles from Kurama’s mouth as his hands press against the cool window. He stares into the red eyes of his only savor before they roll unblinking towards the star filled sky. The fire demon’s own blood flows from its displaced corpse drowning the whites of the unwavering eyes with crimson. Silence was Hiei’s only scream.

Black ribbons of perfectly spun silk cascaded down Kurama’s bare shoulder. It’s owners long slender fingers caress the tender inches of Kurama’s raw throat. The hand pause for a moment over his trembling cracked lips, a thoughtful fingertip smooth over the damaged skin smearing warm blood painting his lips like a turn of the century harlot. His body shakes as he draws in yet another breath, he finally collapses in the arm of his fate. Tears of regret, tears of powerlessness, tears of anger stream still porcelain like cheeks. His human body forsakes his fleeting Yoko mind as bruised knuckles clench on to the black cloak of his personal deity of death, begging for last remaining shards of his forever broken life. Deep amethyst eyes smile as words of serenity gentle flowed from steel covered lips. Karasu holds his life size doll, cradling him in his strong arms, relishing the warmth as it flows out in small sticky streams, swaying gently as his picture perfect blood soaked angel’s lungs wheezed their last lullaby.

Kurama’s eyes gaze longingly towards the window. His once emerald orbs are as dull as an unkempt field. The song of his body fades from a hum to blissful silence. Karasu lays the empty shell on the comforting bed; slender digits ease stubborn eyelids closed. He removes his mask his warm lips brush against cooling skin in a kiss.

AN- Ok that had no happy value what so ever, so I am not expecting many people to review. However if you do (removes the blood from her hands and looks for the plate of cookies) I would be very appreciative.
(Shakes head) I can’t believe I just let Karasu on an all night killing spree.