Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstood ❯ Don’t mess with a ningen girl , it’s bad for your health ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

ancient-secret: "I thought I'd do the readers a favor and write the second chapter as soon as possible . And thanx to the reviewers , I love reading reviews!^^"

Yami: "Baka…" *mutters*

ancient-secret: "Go pester my math teacher !" *glares* "Oh , and before I forget like last time , I don't own any bishonen I'm using in my fics so don't sue me!"

~*~*~*~* Don't mess with a ningen girl , it's bad for your health*~*~*~*~

"There's the portal!" , Yoko said a bit happy to return home and he jumped in with you , Kuronue right behind the two of you.

Before Yoko had jumped , you had closed your eyes because duh , you had never been through a portal and the baka light didn't help at all.

"You can open your eyes…" , Yoko said and you did as you were told. You scanned your surroundings and noticed you were in a forest but cause it was night , you couldn't make out any details , such as a stone or stick to hit the two youkais and run away.

`Why can't I be lucky , for once in my life I'd like to be lucky…that baka horoscope is a piece of shit…' , you muttered mentally.

~*~*flashback*~*~

It was before math class that your best friend (best friend's name) came running to you and showed you a magazine.

"Look (your name) , your horoscope is perfect!" , she chirped and almost threw you the magazine in your face.

" Lets see , `Great news , you will have a blast with new found friends. No one can get between you and your goals and maybe you'll meet a very special someone. And , P.S., you're the luckiest sign of the zodiac this month' , hmmmm , yep , not bad at all…"

~*~*end flashback*~*~

You were to in thought as to notice Yoko staring at you.

"What's the matter , ningen? Cat got your tongue?" , Kuronue teased and awoke you from your trans.

"Go play with a chew-toy !" , you snapped at him. `Feh! If it weren't for these pesky vines , I would have long since killed him…' , you growled.

"Why you little…" , Kuronue was about to say more but Yoko stopped him with a glare. Kuronue pouted a little like a child and then sprang from treetop to treetop in order to get as far away from your attitude as possible.

You and Yoko were quiet , and that was making you insane , you hated silence and needed to talk to someone , and fast.

"Yo Yoko , mind releasing me , I can walk on my own you know!" , you looked at the youkai with the puppy dog eyes of doom and he just couldn't resist.

"Fine , fine , just stop that!" , he said and within seconds you were on your feet and planning your escape. `Now . lets see , it's dark , we're in a forest with lots of trees and Yoko's pet bat is nowhere in sight. This couldn't get any better!' , you thought happily and started walking slower.

`Time for step one : Distract the fox!' , you thought and grinned.

"Yoko , I think I saw a pair of red eyes in that bush over there , I'm scared!" , you said in a shaky voice with as much fear and innocence you could muster without laughing your head off.

"Why do girls have to be so afraid of things in the shadows…" , Yoko muttered as he went near the bush you had pointed at and started examining it , forgetting about you.

"I don't see any demon here , you must have imagined it." , Yoko turned and found you were gone. "How could I be so stupid , if Kuronue finds out , he's gonna blackmail me for eternity…" , he muttered and started searching for you.

`Baka fox!' , you thought amused , `That was so simple but now , step two: find a damn portal that leads straight in my living room and in front of my beloved TV' , you smiled and started looking ahead of you for a portal.

"How I hate it when it's dark…." , click , an idea came to mind and you grinned , " But a lantern could change that and those dimwits even forgot to take my backpack away , demons are so stupid!" , you laughed and started looking through your backpack.

"Lets see…Fruit Basket manga , nope …next , Game Boy , nep…uhm , walkman , no , doesn't glow in the dark …mobile…hm….why look for the way home , when I could just call a taxi!" , you chirped and dialed the number of the first taxi-company that came to mind.

"The number you have dialed doesn't exist , please hang up and never try again!" , a female voice said.

"Baka , lets try mom's number!" , you dialed your mom's number and waited.

"The number you have dialed doesn't exist , please hang u…" , the same annoying voice was cut off as you pressed a button. After you tried to call your dad , best friend , postman , math teacher and the ice-cream shop , you sighed.

"This is hopeless , now where's that darn lantern!" , you growled and took the lantern out of your backpack and started moving forwards.

While this happened , Yoko was starting to sweat. `Where the heck is she , we need her god damn it!' , he thought angry and ran faster.

Back with you , you sorta had trouble finding your way , more precisely , you were LOST!

"My , my , what do we have here ? A lost little ningen , eh?" , a voice came from somewhere around you. You took a few steps backwards and looked around , getting a bit paranoid.

" Oh , no , no , no , you're not trying to get away now , are you my dear?" , the voice came from your left. You looked but couldn't find anything , just trees and bushes.

"You look a bit skinny , but I guess you'll just have to do…" , the voice muttered and you were sent flying into a nearby tree. You hit it hard and had a gash on your back. Your backpack had fallen in the process and some of your stuff fell on the cold grass.

You looked up , trying desperately to keep tears from falling , there was no way you would show weakness to a demon scum…

You just saw a shadow with a pair of hungry yellow eyes. As a black-belt , you had your pride and started slowly and painfully to stand up , leaning on the tree for some support.

"It's not nice to attack someone when then can't see you…" , you muttered weakly and spit some blood. The shadow smirked , showing you his sharp teeth. But that didn't intimidate you , not at all.

"Oh , poor little ningen , are you hurt?" , the shadow teased while grinning.

`Poor little ningen my @$$! If only I had a friggin sword , even a stick would do…' , you thought bitter and worst of all , the pain in your back became greater , it was very hard to keep standing , even with the tree's support.

The shadow started to come closer to where you were and stepped on (something you treasure the most in the world and would kill for) . Your eyes widened and you were filled with rage.

You opened your mouth and a growl came out , it sounded fierce , angry , like a lion ready to kill. The shadow stopped , his grin disappearing and he looked at you , a mixture of amazement and fright in his hungry yellow eyes.

Minutes of total silence passed before the shadow found enough courage as to come closer. You were tiered and the pain in your back was horrid , a pool of blood had already formed under your feet and just wouldn't stop growing.

You tried focusing on the shadow , but you started seeing double. `I guess my eyes don't help me at all , ah , why the heck did I have to run , I prefer Yoko's company then this thing's any day!' , you scolded yourself and closed your eyes.

"Giving up so soon?" , the voice teased again , you could sense it was a few feet away. `Got to keep it talking!' , you thought desperately.

"Nope , sorry!" , you said with a weak smile.

"Too bad!" , it was right in front of you , now was your chance …you quickly opened your eyes and with a swift kick that coasted you all your remaining energy , you send the shadow a good 4 meters backwards , to the ground.

The shadow stood up slowly , its eyes burning with rage and it charged at you. You had closed your eyes right after you had seen the shadow on the ground and could really care less what happened next.

"DIE!" , you heard the shadow yell , its voice mere feet from your position.

"Not today…" , a familiar voice growled and you heard the shadow cry out in pain. With a heavy sigh , you dropped to the ground , falling hard in the pool of your own blood and fell in darkness.

Yoko had came at the last possible second to save you. Right after he sliced the shadow, that had been attacking you , in two , he looked at your fallen form. He gasped at the high amount of blood you had lost and was wondering if you were still alive.

"Baka girl…" , he muttered as he picked you up bridal-style and noticed you were still breathing. There was a backpack on the ground and he picked it up as well , not wanting to suffer your wrath if the objects were important to you.

Then , quick as lightning , he disappeared…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

ancient-secret: "Well? Liked it ? I know it's kinda short but the next chapter will be longer , promise , come on , your first day at the two youkais hideout , meeting the rest of their helpers , and of course driving the two bishonen mad! ^^

The next chapter will be a torture chapter and I also promise lots of humor , ja ne!"