Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mystery of the Labyrinth ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN-Warning! I am new at this so please let me know if I do anything wrong. Also I'm going to assume that you know what the people of Yu Yu Hakusho look like.
Disclaimer- Sadly, I don't own anything but a few things, ideas, and a weird thing called the plot.
 
 
 
Chapter 2
 
Once Yusuke and Botan arrived in the Reikai, Botan escorted Yusuke to Koenma's office, so that she could keep an eye on him as well as get briefed on the Spirit Detectives latest mission. When Botan opened the door, she and Yusuke were bombarded with the deafening sound of Kuwabara's shouts as he was once again trying to goad Hiei into a fight. All during this Kurama was just standing by Koenma's desk waiting patiently for him to begin explaining their newest mission. Koenma was busy stamping papers as normal, until he heard Botan's shrill voice telling him that Yusuke had finally arrived.
With Yusuke's arrival, Kuwabara's attention was diverted from goading Hiei to boasting on how much stronger he was than everyone else. That was until Koenma said “ Shut up! I don't have time to put up with your childish behavior!” “ Oh, be quiet, Toddler, we just got finished with our last case. Can't you give us a break?” Yusuke answered. “Well, sorry to burst your bubble but the continued existence of the worlds depends upon this mission.” Koenma snapped. It was then that Kurama decided to step in to prevent the oncoming argument by saying, “Why don't you explain to us what this mission is?” “Thank you, Kurama, you're levelheaded as always. Anyway ”
That was as far as Koenma got before Yusuke interrupted him by saying “ Well, then just get one with it and tell us who the guy were supposed to kill is.” Koenma replied calmly, after breathing deeply a few times, “Before you interrupted me, I was about to point out to you that this mission is one of utmost importance. You are to go to this location,” with that said he pushed a button on his remote and a picture of a white house appeared. “ And once you exit the portal that will take you there you are to interrogate this girl.” Koenma once again pressed a button and a picture of a girl appeared. She had long chocolate brown hair and green eyes.
Koenma started to speak again, but Kuwabara cut him off by shouting, “Man! That girls hot!” Yusuke couldn't resist making a stab at Kuwabara by saying with a smirk, “ What about Yukina, Kuwabaka?” Kuwabara answered by running at Yusuke, only to have Yusuke doge him, and trip him up. Which sent Kuwabara flying into the wall, which unfortunately for him was right beside where Hiei was standing. That of coarse was a bad thing considering the fact that neither Kuwabara, nor Hiei, could stand the others presence.
Luckily, the day was saved thanks to Kurama's quick thinking. He prevented the ensuing confrontation by asking a question “ Koenma, why exactly do we have to interrogate this girl?” Koenma replied while directing a glare at Yusuke and Kuwabara, “ If you two feel like acting your age now I can finally finish what I was saying.”
At their nods he continued, “ You see, there have been many disappearances from both the Makai and the Ningenkai. Normally, that is no problem because children vanish quite often in both realms, but these disappearances are strange because the children's families don't remember that they even existed. If it weren't for the fact that we started keeping records of the disappearances we wouldn't have noticed that several, quite powerful, demonic children vanished.” Hiei then asked what was one everyone else's mind, “And that baka onna is important because?” Koenma stared in shock. “ You spoke!” he gasped while everyone else, but Kurama of coarse, stared at him in shock.
Once everyone had regained his or her composure Koenma continued, “ She is important, because her younger brother was one of the missing. Notice, I said was because she vanished as well for a few hours. Now, she might not seem important, but when she returned she had her brother with her.” Yusuke said, “ and what? We have to go talk to this girl, why?” “ Yes, you do since she is the only lead we have to even coming close to finding those children.” Koenma snapped. “You need to calm down, Koenma. Remember your blood pressure,” Botan squealed. “Ah, yes, thank you Botan, but could you go escort our guest to my office please.” pleaded Koenma. “Yes, of coarse, I'll be back soon.” With that said Botan scurried off intent on completing her mission.
 
 
TBC…
AN- I will update again at some point...I hope ^_^;