Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Kirsune ❯ A Kitsune's Promise ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch 4: A Kitsune’s Promise

 

Kurama watched over her all night. She seemed to be a bit feverish so he placed healing herbs within her room. The smell of them helped her greatly.

Kaela opened her eyes slightly to see Kurama placing an herb by her bed. “What time is it?” She asked as she tried to sit up.

“It’s about noon and you should stay in bed. You have a high fever.” He said as he gently pushed her down.

“Where is Water-lily?”

“I’m sure she’s around here somewhere.” Kurama smiled down at her. “Would you like something to drink?”

“That would be nice.” Kaela smiled weakly up at him. After he walked out of the room, Hiei came in the window. Kaela’s eyes widen slightly when she saw him.

“How are you feeling?” He asked as he leaned against the windowsill.

“It’s alright, Kaela. This is the real Hiei and he wouldn’t hurt you.” Water-lily said as she jumped up on the bed. “He also knows.”

Kaela’s eyes softened slightly, “So you know?” Hiei nodded. “I guess I couldn’t hide my secret for long.”

“Hiei, Yusuke is downstairs and wants to speak with us.” Kurama said as he came back into the room with some juice for Kaela.

“Why not just bring the meeting up here?” Yusuke said from the door. Water-lily jumped and hide under Kaela’s covers. Kaela smiled slightly at the little fox. “So this must be Kaela. I’m Yusuke.”

“Its nice to meet you, Yusuke.” Kaela said, once again trying to get up only to be pushed back down by Kurama.

“So you’re the one we’ve been looking for?” Yusuke asked studying her closely.

“You all know?” Kaela looked from one to another.

“Hiei, Yusuke, Kuwabara, and myself know, along with our boss.” Kurama explained.

“You’re boss?” Kaela asked trying to stay awake.

“I’ll explain later. You need to rest.” Kurama said as he signal the others to leave.

“Shuichi?”

“Yes, Kaela?”

“I know your secret too.” Kaela said, smiling at him. Kurama returned the smile and closed the door.

~*~Within Kaela’s Dream~*~

Kaela appeared to be in a dark room. The window was open to allow the moonlight in, along with the sounds of the night life. There were candles in the room, giving extra light. Kaela walked over to the window, thinking about the cool summer nights back home.

“They only want your power.” a male voice said from behind her.

“Who are you?” Kaela turned to see a very handsome male. His calm and peaceful red eyes watched her as he ran a hand through his long, black and red tipped hair. The black jeans and red shirt matched him perfectly. His black fox eyes and tail had red tips.

“My name is Kuza and I wanted to warn you. They want your power and take over the realms.” He said as he walked up to her.

“Why would they lie to me and why should I believe you?” Kaela said as she put as much space between them. ‘Water-lily, wake me up someway, somehow.’

‘Is something wrong?’

‘Just wake me up.’

“I will meet you in the real world.” Kuza smiled as he bowed.

~*~

“Kaela, are you alright?” Kurama said waking her up. He sat down on the bed next to her. Kaela sat up and hugged him. Kurama pulled her close to him.

“Who is Kuza?” Kurama’s eyes widened after she said that. “What’s wrong?”

“Kuza is the eldest brother of the Chaotic Shadow Kitsunes. The Shadow Kitsunes, like the Mystics, were a proud race but very peaceful. They worked closely with the Mystics but the war came and the Shadow Kitsunes fled. Three siblings, Kuza, Kura, and Kuru, are the only known members of the Shadow Kitsune race but they prefer the true darkness as their powers.”

“Dark kitsunes? They’re evil?” Kurama nodded. “He said that we’ll meet in the real world.”

“You won’t meet him alone. I promise I will be there with you.” He said, speaking into her hair.

“Thank you.” She nuzzled into his chest.

~*~

“She won’t trust you now.” Kura said as she watched the scene in the pool. Her red and black starburst eyes then turn to her brother. Her red, black highlighted hair falling over her shoulder.

The black ears contrasted against her hair. Her black tail frizzed with annoyance. The black kimono she wore seemed to have red roses on it.

“Yea, Kuza. What were you thinking?” Kuru teased, his red, black tipped ears twitched, along with his tail. His red, black highlighted hair was pulled back into a ponytail. His eyes seemed so soulless because they were as black as a moonless night.

“It seems I underestimated her. She had other kitsunes around her.” Kuza said as he stood from his chair. “We’ll have to be careful from now on but we still have the potion.”

“Allow me to get close to her, Brother.” Kura asked. “I will take a different a course.”

“Very well. I would love to see what would happen.” Kuza said, a smirk appearing on his face.