Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ New House, Mwaha! ❯ And Here We Are ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Don't own YYH, the characters, or their powers. What I've got is Spike, O-chan, and a few others working part-time.
------

"You don't seem so spastic."
"Well, ya made me carry EVERYTHING up here."
"And you went along with it..."
"You had that damn doll."
"Oh...Yeah..."
"Why did we move anyway, O-chan?"
"You blew up The House with the modified waffle bazooka. Pretty sure the mushroom cloud is still there."
"Yeah, that was great..."
"Can't believe Touya really wanted to stay with us."
"Eh, that guy's probably trying to cultivate a spider-farm under your floor or something."

O-chan jumped off the wall of flattened cardboard boxes. Spike peered down at her. "Where ya headed?"
"Gonna try to switch rooms with Jin."
"He's living in the tree."
"Oh," O-chan looked up. "What about Cow?"
Spike laid on her back, arms behind her head, "Probably shacking up with Jin."
O-chan kicked the wall, "I doubt they'd be 'shacking up' as you so eloquently put it."

"Annnnnnnnd why is that?"
"Because it's COW and and and...They're standing right behind me, aren't they?"
"Actually they're right in front you."
"Sure they-Oh, heck..."

Jin and Cow were lying between the boxes, their whole selves covered in brown paint.
Oh god how O-chan hoped it was brown paint.

"Hiya dere O-chan!"
"Moo!"

O-chan's right eye twitched.
Spike's hair twitched.
Twitchy Twitch the circus college book, alas, did not twitch as he was at his own funeral.

Spike stood up, "You guys got what ya needed?"
Jin glanced up, "Yep."
Cow waved up, "Moo."

O-chan looked around at the three and remembered the only exit was behind her.
"So..." she began to say. "Uh...how about we-" O-chan threw down an unlit strobe light and ran out of the room.

Everyone else just stared at the unlit strobe light, wondering when That 70's Show would be on.

They heard O-chan cuss in the hallway, then a click as she plugged in the light.
Jin grabbed Cow and flew out of wall (and consequently the room).
Spike? Well Spike was Spike as the cardboard wall toppled downward onto the now-lit strobelight.

"I've always wondered what floor felt like after falling off a wall..."

Okay, she didn't say that but heck it's Spike and trying to decipher her crazed psycho-babble about kiwifruit and books is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube after that kid who beat the crap out of you in the fourth grade switched two stickers.

So the wall came down, the strobe light went crunchy, and hey, Touya comes walking in the second Spike needs some help.

And Touya walks right back out thinking "What an idiot".

Spike gets up, unexplainably holding a bunch of kiwis and books, spewing psycho-babble about them.


Yep, seems like things are going to be just like they've always have, even in a new place like this.