Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ No More Secrets ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well, here it is! The small story you all have been asking about or wanting to read. I hope you like it. This takes place a year after the end of Demon Love.

Disclaimer: I don’t own the show or anything else that is Yu Yu Hakusho.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chapter 1 of 2

No More Secrets

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kurama awoke and turned over, snuggling into his fire demon. This of course woke Hiei up. He stretched contently before putting his arms loosely around his mate.

“What would you like for breakfast, Koi?” Kurama asked, propping himself up on the fire demon’s chest.

“Whatever you would like.” Hiei smiled which quickly slipped into a smirk. “Though I do have a craving for a redheaded fox.”

“Really now? Last night it was for a silver-headed fox you had a craving.”

“So it was and I got him too. You shouldn’t complain with what you got in return for the switch.”

“I suppose not.” Kurama smirked, remembering the night before. “I got a rough and ready green skinned fire demon to play with.”

“That you did, fox. That you did.” Hiei chuckled just before catching the fox’s lips with his. The kiss quickly deepened with the fox pinning the fire demon under him. Hiei smiled into the kiss, it was his turn to be on the bottom. He could tell his lover was in a playful and kinky mood. He could already feel Kurama’s vines ensnaring him and he loved it. He knew he would be fighting to hold in his screams soon. A long love making session and a shared hot shower later, the two demons left there room.

“You get our kits ready and I’ll make breakfast.” Kurama smiled, giving his mate a quick kiss.

“Hn.” Hiei nodded when the fox pulled away. He went into Kaihei’s room first while his mate went downstairs. It would take a few minutes longer to get the kit ready for the day then it would Toushi. The fire demon got his kits into fresh diapers and clothes, quickly enough. He carried them down the stairs and into the kitchen. Hiei found his fox sitting at the breakfast table with the phone laying in front of him and staring out the bay window, looking quite worried. He sat the kits on the floor and walked up to Kurama, putting his arms around him from behind.

“What’s the matter, fox?” Hiei asked, nuzzling into the fox’s neck at his ear.

“You don’t want to know.” Kurama answered quickly.

“Yes I do! Tell me!”

“You might want to sit down, I had too.”

“Hn.” Hiei grunted, taking a seat in the chair next to his lover.

“My mother just called me.” Kurama said, looking to his mate.

“So, why are you worried?” Hiei asked.

“She is going to be here in about an hour.”

“WHAT?!”

“I tried to talk here out of it. I even told her I was coming into town today and that we could spend the day together, but she wouldn’t listen. She said I have been living in my new apartment long enough for her to have seen it. She also said she was not taking no for an answer and that she was coming whether I wanted her too her not.”

“Maybe this is fate telling you it’s time for her to find out everything.” Hiei commented softly, taking the fox’s hand into his.

“Then she will know I have been lying to her all these years. What if she turns her back on me?” Kurama asked, slight fear and worry edging into his voice and eyes.

The fire demon almost laughed at the thought of that. Kurama one of the most feared demons in all three worlds was scared that some ningen woman would not accept him for who he truly was and that she would no longer love him. It was ridiculous, but instead of saying that, Hiei managed. “There is only one way to find out and she may do that fox. No matter what though, I will still be here for you and so will our kits. We will never turn our backs on you.”

“Thank you, Hiei. I know you won’t. I…….I……..I will tell her when she gets here. I can only hope she will accept me afterwards.”

“If she loves you as much as you love her, she will. Everything will work out the way it should.”

“I guess I should tell her about me first and then if she accepts that, I will tell her about us before I tell her about our kits.” Kurama shrugged still unsure. “I don’t want them caught in the middle or for her to feel like she has to accept me because of them.”

“I think that’s the best way.” Hiei agreed. He leaned forward giving his fox a comforting kiss. They parted after feeling pulling on their joined hands.

“What is it Toushi?” Kurama laughed, sweeping the kit up into his lap. “Are we not paying any attention to you?”

“Daddy!” Toushi grinned happily as Kurama bounced him on his knee. Not one to be left out of anything Kaihei appeared next to Hiei’s leg in a blur of green and black. The fire demon picked up his kit and sat him in his lap with a smile.

“We can’t forget about, Kaihei!” Hiei laughed as well.

“No, we most certainly can not.” Kurama smiled, ruffling the kit’s soft black hair. He then looked back to his mate. “How did he nurse this morning?”

“Fine and for only ten minutes. I’m glad that he is almost weaned.” Hiei replied sourly. It was never his intention to nurse for so long, but Kaihei sat that up. The kit would refuse to take a bottle, no matter who would give it to him. The last attempt at weaning was made when he was five months old and did not go well. Kaihei refused a bottle for two days straight, crying the whole time and slowly becoming weaker. Kurama was sick with worry over his son and so was the fire demon. Finally, Hiei couldn’t stand the crying and worse hearing it become weaker, anymore. He pulled off his shirt, picked up the kit, and turned him into his chest. Kaihei sucked at the fire demon ravenously for almost two hours. After that, the demons decided they couldn’t do that to their kit anymore and would let him wean on his own, which he was slowly doing. So in realty, it was a child-led weaning instead of a parent one.

“That’s good and I know you are. It was never my intention for you to nurse this long, but those baby books says the longer the better. Plus some female demons nurse their babies up too three or four years old. I also have read some ningens do the same.”

“So I’ve read and you keep telling me, but I don‘t have to like it.”

“No you don’t, but you have a stronger bond with Kaihei then I do, all because you did nurse him.”

“Hn, I don‘t see how females can handle nursing a three year old, though most stop by six months.”

“Most of them are not nurturing or loving that’s why they stop. They want to get the child on solid foods as soon as possible. The ones that truly love their child will nurse the child into their toddler years, no matter how inconvenient.”

“I suppose you’re right.” Hiei grunted, looking down to the kit he held. He doubted he would still be nursing Kaihei when he was that old, nor did he want too. It was already a bit difficult with the kit’s size. Though petite, Kaihei was still a lap full for him and he had sharp little teeth. If he learned anything in the past year caring for his son, it was to never say never with the kit, he would certainly surprise you at times. Hiei resigned himself to be still nursing the child in a couple of years, but he hoped that would not happen. Kaihei was weaning on his own, he now only nursed in the mornings and sometimes at night when he was restless.

“Of course I am.” Kurama smiled before he leaned over and lovingly kissed his mate. They soon parted and the fox flashed another smile as he sat Toushi in his lap too. “I’ll hurry up with breakfast.“

Kurama got up and started fixing plenty of food, trying not to worry about what was going to happen with his mother. In no time, the demon family had ate and went into the living room. The kits were playing in their playpen while Kurama and Hiei quickly moved around the room picking up toys and family pictures. The demons moved everything that could be considered a child’s into the training room across the entry hall. The last thing that was moved was the playpen the boys were in. The family was sitting in the training room waiting for Kurama’s ningen mother, Shiori, to arrive. It wasn’t long before a gray car pulled up the driveway. Kurama quickly helped Hiei to settle their kits down before hurrying out of the room. Just before Shiori knocked on the door the fox opened it.

“Mother!” Kurama smiled warmly as he hugged her.

“Hello, Shuuichi.” Shiori said, hugging her son back. “I was afraid I was at the wrong place.”

“No, mother, you’re not. Please come in.” Kurama said, moving to the side for her to enter.

“Wow! Shuuichi I can not believe you actually live here.” Shiori commented, looking over the bright and beautifully decorated entry hall.

“I do.” Kurama replied, taking his mother into the living room and over to the couch. “Please have a seat. I will get us some refreshments.”

“You don’t have to worry about that.” Shiori smiled as she sat down in the offered spot.

“It is no worry at all.” Kurama quickly exited the room.

Shiori used this time to look over her surroundings. The room was beautifully decorated as well. Live plants set in front of all the windows and there were paintings of outdoor scenes on pale yellow walls. Everything else was white except for the big screen TV. It was obvious to her that her son’s apartment was actually just a bedroom. The tenants in the house obviously had to share everything else.

Shiori did not like the thought of this. He was probably paying high rent just for the bedroom especially with the way the house looked. Her son shouldn’t have to share anything. She silently wished Shuuichi would come back to the city. Shiori noticed what appeared to be a baby toy in the top of one of the potted plants. She shrugged it off, thinking it belonged to one of the other tenants in the apartment house.

Shiori idly wondered what her son was like if and when he interacted with the child of the other tenant. She could actually picture her son playing with the child gently, he was just that type of person. She was hoping to get grandchildren sometime soon, but Shuuichi didn’t seem to inclined to help that along. No matter what type of girl she set him up with he just didn’t seem to like her, though he was always nice and polite. He would always flash his winning smile on an already very handsome face, thus making the girl break into a blush and a fit of giggles. She hoped he would come around soon, find a nice girl, and settle down.

Kurama walked back into the living room, carrying a silver tray of drinks and cookies. His eyes widened a fraction upon seeing what his mother was staring at. One of Kaihei’s toys was in the top of a potted plant. He had thought he picked everything up, but that kit was always playing with the plants, which he was quite proud of. The fox set the tray down on the coffee table before taking a seat next to his mother. He handed the woman a cup of tea with a shy smile, not sure of where to start, but it seemed she did.

“This room is so beautifully decorated.” Shiori smiled, looking around again before looking back to her son. “You must show me your room. How many other tenants live in this house?”

“There is just four of us here, mother.” Kurama smiled. It was not a lie, there was only four people in the house, the conversation was off to a good start.

“Only four with such a big house! How many bedrooms are there?” Shiori asked.

“There are six bedrooms and two and a half baths.” Kurama answered, again not a lie.

“Really? It is a shame that all the rooms are not filled. Is the owners charging outrageous rent?” Shiori fired off another question.

“No, mother.” Kurama said before taking a deep breath. He had decided to go straight for the problem. “Umm.. Mother, there is no easy way for me to tell you this, but I am going to get right to the point. This house belongs to me, I own it.”

“What?! You do?! How?! You quit your job over a year ago and I have not heard you mention getting another one!” Shiori was in complete shock. She knew the house was very expensive by just looking at it.

“I do not have a job.” Kurama answered calmly.

“Then how?! Are you doing something illegal?” Shiori asked, getting very worried.

“Of course not, mother. You have raised me too good. What I am about to tell you is going to shock you, but please try to understand. It is something I should have told you a long time ago.”

“I will try.” Shiori said truthfully.

“I am not exactly what I seem.” Kurama began gently. “I am human, but only half. I am also half demon.”

“What? A demon?” Shiori asked, looking closer at her son. It couldn’t be possible.

“Yes, I am a fox demon, to be precise fox spirit and a silver one too. I am very rare. I am also over a thousand years old and this is my second life. I was known as Youko Kurama before. I prided myself at being the best thief there ever was. I liked to break combinations and seals just to see if I could. One day, I was shot by a hunter. Using what little energy I had left, I escaped here to Ningenkai. I found a suitable family for me to be reborn into until I could recover my energy. I found you and father. I planted myself within you and you know of the rest of that story. I am so sorry to have lied to you all these years, mother.”

“Now it all makes sense!”

“What does?”

“How I had you, Shuuichi. I never told you this, but I can’t have children. I found out about it when I was in college and dating your father. He knew about it, but still married me, saying we could adopt a child. That was when a miracle happened, I found out I was pregnant with you. The doctors couldn’t even explain how it happened, but I didn’t care. I was going to have a baby, that was all that mattered to me. Thank you, Shuuichi, for choosing me to be your mother. You made my dreams come true.” Shiori said softly after taking the fox’s hand. “This doesn’t change things. Whether you are a demon, human or both you are still my son and I love you dearly. You should have told me sooner.”

“I love you too, mother. I probably should have.” Kurama smiled near tears as he leaned over and hugged the woman tightly. A great weight had been lifted from his shoulders. He only hoped she would continue to be understanding.

When they parted Shiori smiled. “So your real name is Kurama?”

“Yes.”

“Well, I’m still going to call you Shuuichi.”

“That’s fine with me.” Kurama laughed lightly.

“So tell me. How did you afford all of this?” Shiori asked, waving a hand around the room.

“I used some of my treasure from my other life to buy it. The items came from the Makai or demon world if you will. I have also made several lucrative investments and they are doing quite well. In other words, I do not have to work anymore, I am very wealthy.”

“OH! Are you the one who has been paying all my bills?”

“Yes, mother, I am.”

“I wondered who was doing that! It was all very puzzling, I had suspected you at one point, but shrugged it off because you didn’t have a job. You don’t have to pay my bills for me!” Shiori happily replied.

“I know I don’t, but I want too.” Kurama smiled with a simple shrug. “You deserve it, you raised me well.”

“Thank you so much. I however get the feeling there is more to this incredible story you have yet to tell me.”

“There is mother. In my teenage years before you got sick and was put into the hospital, I came into contact with another demon that had escaped here to Ningenkai. We ended up fighting and the demon was injured. I nursed the demon back to health. In the process, I earned this demon’s trust, you became sick soon after. The demon approached me with a plan to steal three valuable and powerful artifacts from the Reikai or spirit world. I hadn’t stolen anything in the fifteen years I have been here, but I remembered one of the items had a power I could use. I agreed to help and we stole the items with one other demon’s help.”

“Why did you need this item and it’s power?” Shiori asked, starting to get worried again.

“The item I needed was the Forlorn Hope Mirror. The power that it contains is able to grant the most desired wish of the being who looks into it. When we stole the items we got a spirit detective sent after us.” Kurama took a deep breath.

“Spirit detective?”

“Yes, it is someone who works for spirit world. The person watches out for and deals with problem demons here in Ningenkai. You know him mother, he is my friend Yusuke.”

“Oh, that is how you met him. I have wondered about that. He seemed the complete opposite of you. How did you two become friends if he was sent to capture you?” Shiori replied, completely engrossed in the tale her son was telling her.

“Because he helped me.” Kurama smiled, putting his hand over his mother’s hand. “The Forlorn Hope can grant anything, but in return it takes the life of the person who makes the wish, hence the name.”

“WHAT?!”

“I used it to make my wish, but Yusuke interfered. He wouldn’t let me make the wish alone. He joined me, looking into the mirror. There was a flash of light and we were thrown back away from it. Come to find out, my wish was granted without the taking of any life because it was a noble deed.”

“What wish did you make, Shuuichi?” Shiori asked interested.

“For you to get well and be happy.” Kurama said softly to the woman.

“You were going to give up your life for me?! Why?!”

“Because you taught me something in those wonderful fifteen years no one else ever had in my other thousand. You taught a cold hearted and ruthless fox, love. You taught me how to love and to receive it in return. For that I am forever grateful, it helped me to get the life I have now.”

“You make me sound like a saint or something.” Shiori laughed lightly.

“To me, you are.” Kurama smiled.

“All I did was what any mother would do and that is love her child.”

“Well, I am still grateful. Do you understand everything that I have explained so far?”

“Yes. Is there more?” Shiori asked wondering what else could there be.

“Yes, there is, but the next part of my story may be harder for you to accept.” Kurama replied a bit concerned.

“Just tell me, Shuuichi. It can’t be more shocking then what you have already told me.”

“It will be, but I will tell you anyway.” Kurama shrugged. It was getting easier as he finally told the woman his story. “Yusuke killed the third demon we got to help us. His name was Gouki. The detective apprehended me and the first demon I had met that set up the heist. We both got probation for our crimes, but we had to help the spirit detective with his cases.”

“So, all these years when you ran off, you were helping Yusuke to stop other demons here in Ningenkai.” Shiori commented trying to piece it all together.

“Yes, for the most part, but sometimes we went to the Makai. Now the other demon and I became best friends as time passed. We grew quite close until we couldn’t take hiding our feelings for each other anymore. We finally got together and became………..mates.”

“Mates?” Shiori asked confused.

“In the Makai, mates mean practically the same thing as marriage does here in Ningenkai, but so much more. Demons mate for life. We do not have divorces.” Kurama explained simply.

“You got married and didn’t tell me!! When do I get to meet the lucky girl? Is she here?” Shiori asked excitedly.

“Mother, my mate is not a woman.” Kurama shook his head slowly.

“OH! I’m sorry, I mean female demon.” Shiori said, quickly correcting herself or so she thought.

“No, mother.” Kurama said gently while he took a hold of his mother’s hand. “My mate is not female. My mate is……………...male. He is the same demon who started all of this. His name is Hiei.”

“You’re gay, Shuuichi?!” Shiori practically screamed. Kurama flinched when he heard this. He had known it was a bad idea to tell his mother the truth and now he wished he hadn’t.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What do you guys think? Thanks for reading and please review. Next chapter soon.