Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ One of the Naji ❯ Eavesdropper ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One of the Naji
 
Yuki Amida
 
Prologue:
 
Eavesdropper
 
Himitsu was digging through her travel bag, back resting against the tree's trunk with her leg dangling off the branch. Her fox-like ears were listening for any intruders, and unusual sound for that matter. Her black hair was tied back with a strip of white cloth, and it shimmered a blue tint in the starlight; there was no moon.
 
A twig snapped sharply, and Himitsu froze. Silently setting her bag down, she dropped down to a branch where she could see the clearing perfectly, but couldn't be seen herself. There she sat still, her whitish-blue eyes scanning the clearing.
 
Not even a minute later, three people entered from the other side of the clearing. Himitsu smirked at their amateur attempt to mask their energy. Growing up, she had learned to hide all traces of her energy, so that it couldn't even be mistaken as human; her whole race could, for that matter.
 
The people that had entered were easy to distinguish. The leader figure was rather tall, at least seven feet, and was concealed in a black cloak, the hood drawn.
 
The person standing to the leader's right was also tall, but only reaching about six feet. It was easy to tell it was female, for the smell she gave off were strong Makai perfumes, and her chest area underneath her cloak stood out more then the others.
 
The last person was rather short, only about five to five and a half feet high. He also wore a cloak, but the hood was down, showing short cut blonde hair and yellow tinted eyes with traces of red, fangs, pale skin, and ears that came to a point in each side of his head. He carried a staff in his left hand as a weapon; at least Himitsu guessed it was his weapon.
 
Himitsu then felt an extremely strong energy approaching from behind her. She could tell right off that the owner wasn't even bothering to mask it, and was flaunting it off. She tensed up, and was glad that the tree hid her presence.
 
The person stepped into the clearing, and wasn't even trying to hide himself. His hair was a deep red, tints of black showing itself when he moved. His skin was of a darker tone, as those that lived in Africa, and his eyes were of a chocolate brown color, void of any emotion. His outfit was a black tunic, gold trimmed, with gold colored sandals and a gold chain around his neck. Fangs could be seen in his mouth, and his ears also came to a point at the end. A sword could be seen at his side, but Himitsu got the feeling that this wasn't his only weapon, or his main one at that.
 
The three others in the clearing got down on one knee and bowed to the other man. Then they stood up.
 
“Well, I heard that you three had failed me on the task I sent you on.” His voice was deep, and it echoed around the clearing, making the three before him flinch.
 
“We're sorry Toshiro,” The middle person said. The voice was soft, masculine, and at the moment, full of despair; probably because he expected to be dead now.
 
“Why did you fail me?” The man now known as Toshiro boomed out sharply.
 
“One of the Spirit World's ferry girls spotted us, and raised the alarm before we could get to him.” The man answered again.
 
Toshiro grunts. “Well then, did you at least leave the message?”
 
“Yes sir, we did. Then we were on our way to Koenma, then after him, we planned on King Enma himself.” The man replies once more.
 
“Good. As long as the message was sent, you completed just what I asked you too Bryant.”
 
The middle man, Bryant, sighs in relief. “So what now Toshiro?”
 
“You, Tanya, and Vince keep low for a while, every now-and-then you attack a human and leave him dead, with only a message the prince himself could understand. Get him worried, then attack him once, probably kidnap one of his Spirit Detectives. Then make him sweat. Make him wait for the other shoe to drop. Let Tanya keep an eye on them with her psychic abilities.” Toshiro told them, and they all bowed again.
 
The branch that Himitsu was on started to break under her weight. `Not now… not now!' she thought desperately, but it had broken, and sent Himitsu tumbling to the ground.
 
Toshiro walked over to her, and picked her up by the collar. “Well well, what do we have here? A spy?”
 
Himitsu growled at him, and spit in his eye. Toshiro just smirked, and wiped it out. “Couldn't possible be a spy, they're not as pretty as this one.”
 
Himitsu kicked out at him, but he only grabbed her ankle. He was about to throw her, before a small marking on her lower leg caught his attention.
 
“So, your one of them?” He stated, a small trace of surprise in his voice. “You're one of the Naji… How interesting.”
 
Toshiro dropped her, and she landed in a crouched position. Then he said “Bryant, tie her up. It's not everyday you meet one of the Naji.”
 
“Yes Toshiro.” Bryant stepped forward, and brandished a whip. He then flicked it, sending it flying at Himitsu, but she extended her hand, and caught it, freezing the leather and making it snap. She then ran off before he could attack her again.
 
“Catch her! She knows our plan!” Toshiro commanded, before disappearing. The three then took out their weapons, and pursued the girl that their Master wanted.
 
-00-
 
In the Spirit World, Koenma watched the meeting, but didn't know what exactly took place. He also missed the first half of it, so if his camera had sound, he wouldn't have heard anything important. He saw the girl fall out of the tree, get picked up by the black man with high levels of energy, and then be attacked. He also saw the marking on her foot.
 
“Botan!” He said, after pressing a button on his desk.
 
“Yes sir?” A voice came back, perky and bright.
 
“Gather up the Detectives. I have a lead on the attack two nights ago.”
 
“Right away sir!”
 
-00-
 
The detectives sat in Koenma's office, waiting to be told on the situation.
 
“So why the hell did you wake me up at 2 o'clock in the morning?” Yusuke snapped at the young prince.
 
“New information has come up on the attack that took place here two nights ago. We have to hurry through this, for our lead is currently being hunted at this moment.”
 
Saying this, he showed them the tape of the meeting, then paused it on the girl.
 
“This is the girl who we suspect knows their plan. According to the message they left us, that wasn't the only attack they plan on doing.”
 
He zoomed in on the girl's ankle.
 
“This is a marking that only once clan of their race has, and has thought to been extinct for over a thousand years now.”
 
The marking was simple, seven dots, six surrounding the middle one in a hexagon shape.
 
“So Koenma, you're telling us that the girl is one of the Naji?” Kurama asked, amazement and surprise in his voice and on his face.
 
“So the girls a deamon?” Yusuke asked.
 
“Yes, she is one of the Naji, and she is a deamon. She is an Artic Kitsune, rare in their race, and even rarer is their clan. There was a huge war over a thousand years ago that took place between the White Wolf Deamons, and the Artic Kitsunes. We don't know why this war took place, only the two races know. Of course, they have been having small wars before that, but none this big. Many Clans went extinct, as the Naji were thought to have.”
 
“But anyways, the girl was last known to be in this location.” The picture was replaced with a map of a forest on the outskirts of Tokyo. “Go find her, and bring her to us.”
 
And with that, a portal opened, and the four boys stepped through.
 
-End Prologue-
 
So, that's the prologue!
 
Yuki: Yup, and it's different then how you originally wrote it.
 
Hey, I like this version better. It makes more sense.
 
Yuki: Whatever.
 
Yu Yu Hakusho © 2005 by Yoshihiro Togashi.
 
The Naji, Toshiro, Bryant, Tanya, Vince, and all characters related to the Naji © 2005 by Yuki Amida.