Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Pain and Good-byes ❯ Farewell ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Drastic Change

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: No, I don't own YYH, you prissy mean lawyer people. yeah, go ahead. Rub it in.

Note: This fic takes place in the Makai back when Youko Kurama was still a thief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kat's POV

***************************

It had been a cold night. The wind blew, and rain hit my face, feeling more like sharp needles of ice than actual liquid. The sky was blue; a bad sign (A/n: Remember, Makai skies are red).

I think back to Hiei, my childhood friend. The sole being that I had trusted with all my heart, before Kurama and Kuronue. A long time had passed since I'd seen his face. I missed him.

But then, I had Kuronue and Kurama. Kurama was actually quite...kind, except to his enemies. For a demon, anyway. Kuronue was also a valued friend, like Kurama, if not more.

Kurama was....shall I say, a sex maniac? Through this he had earned the nickname the "Makai slut" and annoyed us tirelessly about finding a bedmate.

As for Kuronue and I, we weren't interested in such things. At least, not as persistently as Kurama.

And so, Kuronue and I often went to each other when in pain, or sorrow. If I missed my friend Hiei, he would comfort me with kind words and gentle hands. Often I would fall asleep in his lap, crying myself to sleep.

I will be eternally grateful to him, and I will miss him dearly.

After all, I may have been a master thief, but I was still quite young for a demon. I was barely into my nineties. I needed some comfort every once in a while. But don't get the wrong idea. I am quite mature for my age and probably quite powerful too.

Living with a gang of psychotic and A-class thievessince birth will do that to you. How do you think Hiei got so strong? That's right.

Anyway...........

If Kuronue was worried about Kurama or had been hurt, he would come to me, and I'd do the same as he so often did for me. We had an unspoken understanding. I spoke with Kurama most often, but it was Kuronue whom I trusted entirely to save my life or to help the pain go awaay.

Speaking to Kurama was often quite ordinary. Like talking about the latest news, or a new heist. It wasn't a heart ad soul kind of thing. Kuronue was different.

He was a true friend.

Of course, now that Kurana is human, he's become more....sentimental. Perhaps too sentimental. Oh well. At least he can be trusted.

That day had been an uneventful one. We went to the market, bartered for food, and went home. Kurama and I trained for a bit, but it was nothing special. Nothing out of ordinary.

But then they had met Taruka. He was actually quite...good looking, but he was a selfish demon. He had treasures beyond our wildest dreams, and yet he still wanted more.

That was where we came in.

**************************************************
Flashback
**************************************************

"So, you guys expert thieves, eh? The famosu Kurama and Kuronue. Now who is this pretty little thing?" He had referred to me.

"She is also an expert thief. You do not know her because she chooses not to be known. That is all you need to know." Kurama replied curtly.

Kuronue was impatient. "So, do we get the job or not? We don't have all the time in the worlds, you know." I smirked. He never could resist stealing priceless treasure. But then again, neither could I.

"Alright, alright. Stupid ******* demons. You got the job. And do it right. Then again, with that female, I doubt it. Don't bring her." he said, sneering.

Kuronue was angry. Since I was so much younger than he and Kurama, he was often very protective. I never minded. It was nice to feel cared for. Needed. And, dare I say it, loved? I never knew for sure. But I loved him. I never asked if he loved me back.

To pay Taruka back for his insult, Kuronue stole a beautiful sword, with not a trace of a scratch. He knew about my love of swords, and I couldn't help but grin. It had a smooth black handle, and inscripted on the hilt were a pair of eyes.

They were a dark indigo and dark red, exactly the color of our eyes. It was chilling, but beautiful. I shall cherish it forever.

As angry as he was, he would not let me go. He was always a perfectonist when it came to our heists. And so I waited.


Kurama came back, grim and silent. His eyes were red. He'd been crying. I put my arms over his shoulders, and asked, very softly, "Where is Kuronue?" though, in my heart, I knew the answer. And I didn't want him to respond. Because if he did, it would only make real that my best friend was gone.

He cried, his head on my shoulders, and I silently cried along with him. Tear gems clattered on the cavern floor, but I didn't care. All I could think about was the ache in my heart, and the head on my shoulders.

After that, I was never the same. When Kurama was able to work once more, I said goodbye, and disappeared forever.

Maybe Taruka had found out, and this was his way of paying us back. I will never know, nor do I wish to. the important thing is, he's dead.



**************************************************
End of flashback
*************************************************

Tears fell silently across my face. I'm back. Hiei's back, and so is Kurama.

But there is stll no Kuronue.

"And that, Taruka, is why you had to die." I said silently, in the rain.

I stood there for the rest of the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! Short again, i know, but sorry! I just had to write that.