Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ The Forgetten Cave ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking” `Thought”
Chapter 1
The Forgotten Cave
Tokyo, Japan of the year of 2006, it was a rainy evening of October while a sixteen year-old girl named Yamakaza drove her and her mother back home from a restaurant as they talked about her day. She and her mother looked like normal women but they hid a dark secret of their family and their past from the eyes' of outsiders. They were trained to be ninjas of the Takashi Clan and for thousands of years the Takashi Clan have been protecting and defending youkaiand ningenalike. But as the world became more modern the Clan went into hiding and ningens thought they disappeared or were wiped out.
Yamakaza's a bright young teenage girl she was tall and slender compared to other girls her age. That went along with her thigh length dark ember red hair with odd dark blue flasks for highlights and dark ember red eyes with unnoticeable blue shines inside her dark eyes.
“No mother!” Yamakaza exclaimed as she watched the road while she drove up to an intersection.
“Oh, come on!” her mother, Hoshi answered. Hoshi a woman in her late forties, time has been good to her looks, just like her daughter she was tall and slender even at the age she was. Her white neck length hair made her seem younger than making her look older and her two colored eyes, blue left and red right eye, gave her the supernatural effect of inhumanness.
“Alright! He's just a guy in my history class!”
Her mother snapped her head to the left and cried, “Look out!”
“What!”
She looked and didn't know what to do as another car slammed into the right side of theirs'. The impact had knocked both of them unconsciousness and the other driver sat in their car in a daze as bystanders called for help. As the emergency vehicles drove up a fire started under the hood. Firemen worked quickly to get the two of them out of the car and put the fire out.
An hour later aunt Kudaku and Kichiro came running into the hospital towards the front desk of the hospital. Aunt Kudaku quickly got the room number for Yamakaza's and Hoshi's room from the front desk. Kudaku, in her thirties, unlike her half-sister, Hoshi, was slender she wasn't blessed with being tall but she didn't mind. Her purple shoulder length hair and her yellow eyes give her enough respect, if not in a spooky way. Kichiro, Yamakaza's little brother, he's short but not for his age and unlike other of the Takashi Clan he doesn't know how to fight. His short black hair contrasts his dark forest green eyes.
They went into the elevator to the third floor and went into room three-o-five. When they came in Yamakaza and Hoshi were laying in the beds unconscious. Yamakaza had bandages wrapped around her head with dried blood on the both sides of her head. Hoshi's whole left side was covered in bandages along with her left eye and had dried blood covering the bandages.
The doctor said to them, “I'm sorry to say that Manasha-sanis most likely in a coma. She had got the worst of the impact. But her daughter Yamakaza-san will probably be awake in a few hours she got less of the impact, but she could still have some brain damage. We'll just have to wait until she wakes up.”
When the doctor left aunt Kudaku sat next to Yamakaza's head and put her hand above her head. She searched within Yamakaza's head for any problems, but found none. She stepped back to let Kichiro go to Yamakaza's side as he grabbed her hand. Aunt Kudaku left the room to find a pay phone to call Akio. When she found one she put in the money and dialed the number of the hotel he was staying at.
“Hello, can you connect me to Idane Iemochi, Akio room, please?” she asked, “It's Manasha Kudaku . . . yes, I'll hold.”
“Hello, Kudaku-san what is it?” Akio asked.
“I just wanted you to know that Hoshi-san and Yamakaza-san were just in a car accident and are in the hospital.”
“What? Are they okay?”
“Yamakaza-san will be, but Hoshi-san is in a coma.”
“Oh, no! I'll be there as soon as my business meeting is over.”
“Why does it have to be after? Why can't you get here as soon as possible?” she asked angrily, she sometimes couldn't stand the man.
“Because-”
“Because you think your job is more important than your family!”
“No-”
“Then what is it? Y-you know what- just for-forget it! I'll take care of them just like I have been for the last ten years since you divorced my sister!” She slammed the phone on the receiver and turned to walk back to the room.
 
Yamakaza woke up in a white room by herself; she laid there for a moment as she tried to remember how she got in the hospital. She suddenly sat up as tears came rolling down her cheeks as she remembered what had happened to her. A nurse came running in, alerted by the monitor, as Yamakaza screamed, “I killed her! I killed mother!”
“Idane Iemochi-san, please calm down!” the nurse told her.
Yamakaza snapped her head towards her and screamed, “How can I when I'm the one responsible for mother's death?!”
The nurse pressed the emergence button as Yamakaza started to become hysterical because of the painful memories. It was right then aunt Kudaku and Kichiro came out of the elevator. Aunt Kudaku ran, pulling Kichiro with her, in front of the doctor that came running from his office, on that floor. She quickly pushed the nurse aside as she pushed soothing reiki into Yamakaza. Almost instantly she calmed down and fell asleep as the doctor came into help.
 
Yamakaza was fine after they explained to her that her mother was going to be alright and that she was just in a coma. She was soon put through several therapies to rebuild her muscles and her mind, but none could heal the wound in her heart. Several student council members came and wished her a quick recovery. Daiki Kazuki, the Student Council president, would come everyday and help her in her classes. She knew the reason why, it wasn't just because he was asked to by the teachers, but because he liked her. Her father had hosted several dinners for Kazuki's father when she was little before and after the divorce so they knew each other well.
 
Yamakaza came into the student council room of Meiou High School wearing her uniform with bandages wrapped around her head. Everyone just stared at her but the only one who came to greet her was Kazuki, because everyone knew someone with as many of injuries as she had wouldn't be able to recover as fast as she did, and she looked at him as she said with false regrets, “I'm sorry I wasn't here to continue my work on the dance.” She really could've cared less about the dance and she had a lot of receipts to put into the schools database but it was her reputation she created for herself she had to uphold.
“It's alright,” he answered with a smile. His short black hair swayed slightly as his lids closed over his brown and smile at her saying cheerfully, “no one has touched your dance plans.”
“Sorry, I couldn't help with everything else around here.”
“Stop apologizing, we were able to handle ourselves just fine.”
She pushed a stray lock of hair that escaped her high waist long ponytail behind her ear, “I just feel bad that I couldn't help.” `I could really care less.'
“Yamakaza-san, I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime.”
“Kazuki-kun, you know I don't do dates, anyways I need to catch up on my work, pick up my brother, and visit my mother.” `Besides you're not my type.'
“How about I help you with your work?”
“Thank you, but I already took up Shuichi-kun's offer to help me this morning when I was coming in.”
“Well, your plans for the dance haven't been touched since you were out, they're right were you left them.”
“Thank you,” she bowed before walking to her desk, and started on her school dance plans. `What do you find in me that makes you like me?'
One of Kazuki's friends, Haru, came over and asked, “You like her don't you?”
“Of course, we've known each other since her father started to work for my father, two years before her parents got a divorce.”
“What else do you know about?”
“Her mother once ran a martial arts school before the divorce.”
Yamakaza secretly looked at him, from where she sat at her desk by the window, and wondered why he continued on liking her even with her slightly mean rejections. No matter what she told him he didn't seem to understand that he wasn't the one for her. Yet, even now after the accident she was even lonelier without her mother. She didn't have a true friend she could tell her deepest darkest secret of her and her family to. She longed to have a friend to listen to her and stick with her through thick and thin. But there was no one, none of her friends from her mother's school or family from the Ninja Academy went to her school. The only person she called a friend, who wasn't a person that she consider telling her secrets to, was out for a while now and wouldn't return until a few months later or maybe even less.
`So now I'm surrounded by ignorant ningens that are unaware of the truth that surrounds them everyday of their lives. Hard to believe that only a little while ago I was in my families Ninja Academy. Now I'm in the outside world with no hope of getting a chūnin mission to get me away from this school.'
She looked out down at her party plans and suddenly felt someone's eyes on her. She took out her mirror from her bag and pretended to be fixing her hair. She moved it around and until she saw Shuichi reflection watching her. Shuichi was one of the few people she thought knew about other creatures were around them since he did know the same youkai she knew. His long red hair and green eyes got him confused as a girl but when she first saw him she knew he wasn't a she. `Why is he watching me?' she did a half hand sign, of the O-hitsuji, with her right hand under the table and thought, `Sight of Auras. . . '
Her pupils dilated as they adjusted to see aura fields. She opened her eyes wider in disbelief as she saw an enormous aura field around him (she can't tell what signature he has). `Impossible . . . how could someone like him have that large of an aura field? He must be good at reprising it for me not to notice it until now and he must not think that I can't feel him . . .' She was brought back from her thoughts when she dropped her mirror. She looked down as her eyes retracted as they readjusted back to normal vision.
She heard one of the other girls exclaim, “Yamakaza-san, you broke a mirror. As Americans would say, `you'll have seven years of bad luck'.”
 
“Do you honestly think I believe in bad luck? It's just a super situation,” she said as she bent down to pick up the broken mirror and threw it into the trash, `Still, I do believe in what uncle told me once. `A broken mirror means your destiny is bound to change for better or for the worst.' But why was Shuichi watching me? Wait! My reikiflow! It must be radiating! The accident must've knocked my flow off . . . but it shouldn't cause any trouble.'
During Yamakaza's classes everyone was concerned for her and she was really getting tired of the attention. She was so busy trying to tell everyone she was fine that she had forgotten about Shuichi staring at her. She was on her way to history class, she almost fell down the stairs after becoming dizzy and if Shuichi wasn't behind her to catch her in time she probably would've gotten another concession. He helped her the rest of the way to class. She barely remembered what had happened or why she was so off balanced. She tried meditating before the final bell rang to rebalance herself but instead had the opposite effect when she sensed a snake-like presence nearby.
Eijiro-sensei, the photography teacher told them about the photographing fieldtrip they were going to take and asked for their permission slip to be passed to the end of the rows. Yamakaza took out hers' and quickly passed it down so she wouldn't see her mother's signature. She soon smiled at the thought of the trip because the only reason why they were allowed to go was because she was going. The head of the main household never gave permission to anyone to go onto the land without someone in the class to tell them if it was alright to allow them to. Then they would send several ninjas to watch them and they would quickly inform the teacher if something happened for the trip to be called off.
A week later it was the day of the photographing trip Yamakaza had just gotten her head bandages of and found out that she was partnered with Shuichi. When he told her she noticed that he was greatly relieved, not a surprise when you were the hottest and the most popular student in school. While other girls would be distracted by him she just acted that he was like everyone else around her. She did notice that Kazuki looked somewhat jealous of Shuichi. As they stepped off the bus, that took them to an old village that was built in the late Momoyana period, Eijiro-sensei handed each person a camera. Eijiro-sensei told them how far in the area for them to work on and they all set to work.
She and Shuichi found a cave in the area and she insisted on checking it out. She knew the area by heart but never had she noticed this cave before and it felt like she was being drawn to it. Shuichi tried to convince her otherwise but gave up when he found out how stubborn she could be. Yamakaza had notice the unsure look on his face and that pushed her to continue figure out what was in the cave. They put on their mining flashlights and started to explore the cave.
Shuichi was looking at the cave walls wondering how it was made, while Yamakaza knew that it was made by a powerful fire user, by the way the rock were melted away, and adventured farther into the cave as she wondered why she nor the house hold didn't even know that the cave was there on their land. She was very excited to find this cave but she was able to hold herself in control. She had seen replicas of caves like this one but whoever did this one was obviously had great control over their fire powers. She knew that to master ones' power one had to go through years of rigorous training to fully understand it even then they still wouldn't truly master it. She stopped at the end of the cave, she sighed, she was about to turn around when she suddenly gave a small cry as the ground disappeared under her feet and she fell through.
Shuichi heard her cry and ran to the spot where her cry came from to only find nothing.
She found herself going down a type of slide before she landed on her butt and the jolt of the fall broke her light. She took off her mining flashlight as she angrily looked at it and said, “Damn! Well, at least Shuichi-kun won't see me using my power.”
She opened her palm and let the fire lit way in front of her. Almost right in front of her was huge quartz that went onto the walls and the ceiling. She made the fire float beside her, took out a small pick, and broke off a piece. She smiled thinking that her brother would like it for his collection until it suddenly glowed as it took in some of her reiki and melted in her hand. Suddenly she realized it was a Binding spelland she made the fire glow brighter.
She saw a sixteen year-old boy with light brown hair and had iriomote cat ears and tail, light green eyes, about six four, who looked slightly muscular, wore katanaon his waist and wore a hakama of green and orange with the Takashi family's creston the sleeves. He was looking slightly behind him with fear and grief written on his face.
She put her right hand on her head as she suddenly became dizzy and put her left hand on the quartz for support. When she recovered she tried to pull her hand off the quartz, but it was stuck. It was as if the boy inside had made her dizzy somehow and wanted her to free him.
“What the-?” She grabbed her wrist with her other hand and tried to pull it away, but it was no use. She knew if that one had to put their reiki into a Binding spell and they're the one suppose to break the spell it would free the one it was being held inside. She didn't want to release him but she had no choice it was either free both of them or be stuck there until she died.
So, she made her choice she focused her reiki and slowly sent it through her hand in the intention to just try to free herself. The quartz started to crack under her hand as the reiki flowed into it. The quartz shattered, blowing out her light source and her to the ground as she felt the teen fall on top of her. She only caught a glimpse of the boy before he jumped up and ran out of the cave. It was obvious that he still thought he was in some other time.
 
Shuichi suddenly saw someone jump out of the ground and run out of the cave. He was about to go after him when the ground beneath him disappeared and he went down the slide. When he landed he heard Yamakaza cry, “Ow!”
He quickly got up, helped her up, and asked, “Are you okay?”
“Yeah, but look what I just found,” she said as she shakily pointed towards the darkness of the cave.
Shuichi pointed his flashlight towards where Yamakaza was pointing and saw a woman that looked like she was still in her late thirties but still looked young. The woman looked like Yamakaza, except she wore a hakama with the Takashi family crest on her sleeves and she had her slightly lighter red hair down that gathered on the floor around her. She was kneeling on the ground as she leistered against the wall, her eyes closed, and her face twisted in pain and regret as she held a hankyuin her hand, an empty quill on her back, and a necklace made of what looked like several different canine teeth around her neck.
He mumbled very quietly to himself, “Oh, no . . . This isn't good.”
“Minomino-kun!” they heard Eijiro-sensei call, “Idane Iemochi-san!”
“In here!” Shuichi called.
Eijiro-sensei came down the stairs that were next to the slide embedded in the rock and asked, “Did you find anything?”
“Yeah . . .” as he still pointed his flashlight at the woman.
“Oh, my gosh! She can't even be over twenty-six and she's perfectly preserved. Why don't we go outside and I'll call the historians.”
`No she's thirty-six years-old she only looks twenty-six because our bodies age slower than normal ningens.' “You might want to call the owners of the land first,” Yamakaza told him trying to control her emotions that were going through her for an unknown reason. `I don't know what the Head of the Householdwill do.'
When they got outside Eijiro-sensei called the Takashi House as Yamakaza sat down still a little woozy from her reiki lost. Shuichi heard a disturbance and decided to go see what it was. When Shuichi felt Yamakaza used her some of her reiki to do something he came back. Yamakaza finished her message as Shuichi came back.
 
The boy stayed, in a nearby tree, at site long enough to catch the girls' scent that freed him before he went to go track the scent down.
`Where she lives isn't close but I can follow her scent. Everything's different now and why do I feel all weird? It has to be nothing,' thought the boy as he followed the scent of Yamakaza to her home. He slowly started to sweat and pant, `I'll sit here, rest for awhile, and then continue my search,' as he started to sit on a branch of a different tree when he suddenly sensed a stronger youki following his trail and changed his mind, `On second thought I'll just rest at my destination.'
He quickly jumped from tree to tree as he tried to stay ahead of his pursuer. He hoped that it wasn't the Takashi family members still after him in hopes to kill him for the death of their eldest sister, but it didn't feel like one of her fifteen brothers or sisters. He didn't want to take the chance if it was one of them, though. Suddenly he found himself in Tokyo tourist area and started to get nervous.
He suddenly felt someone pull on his hakama and asked, “Excuse me, sir; my mother was wondering if you could take a picture with me.”
He looked at the little girl then to her mother funny and asked as he tilted his head to the right, “Picture?”
Her mother answered, “Yes, could you kneel down and put your katana beside you?”
He did, but still he was confused and before he could do anything else the woman took the picture.
“Thank you, sir. Come along, Akina-chan, we need to go meet daddy,” as she took the girls hand.
“Okay, mommy,” as she took her mother's' hand, she turned to him, and waved goodbye, “Bye-bye nekoman!”
He slowly waved back and thought of how he and his mother used to do that. His thoughts were interrupted and forgotten within the depth of his mind by the youki catching up to him. He quickly ran as he followed his nose until he found himself at Yamakaza's house. He sensed he passed through a barrier that was placed around the house and decided that it was safe to take a rest as he sat in a tall tree in the backyard to rest some. He suddenly jolted awake by a violent coughing fit when he stopped he looked at the location of the sun and saw he had slept for several hours. He looked towards the window closes to the tree and sensed Yamakaza inside. He knew it would be now or never to question her.
 
Yamakaza lain on her bed made her body try to relaxed from the days' events as she thought, `First finding that boy and then my ancestor from four hundred twelve years ago. What could possible happen next?'
“How could you try and kill me?” she heard a slightly deep manly voice ask.
“What?” as she sat up and turned to her window.
It was the hanyouboy from the cave and she realized that he had followed her scent back to her house. He jumped on top of her and grabbed her throat as he cried, “How could you? Ever since you got that Moon Cat's Eye you haven't been the same! You never looked at me the same way when we were together. You looked at me like was the youkais that attacked the village.”
Suddenly he let go, rolled off the bed to the ground, held his mouth with one hand and supported himself with the other as he violently started to cough. She looked at him as she herself coughed for air and realized that he was so sick he had became delirious. She went to reach him, but stopped when she felt something forcing its' way up her throat. She grabbed her throat and started to gag as her body instinctively tried to push it out. Aunt Kudaku heard the commotion and came in as Yamakaza spit out a half of a sphere covered in blood and saliva.
She rushed over to her as she asked, “Yamakaza-san, are you alright?”
“I'll be fine, but he won't,” as she pointed to the boy, “he's very sick.”
They suddenly heard him, “Help me . . . I don't want to die . . . I'm sorry . . . if I-I did anything to . . . hurt you . . .”
“We have to help him now. Help me get him to the car.”
Yamakaza put the sphere into her pocket and helped her aunt with the boy. He didn't object when they grabbed his wrist, put his arm over their shoulder, and led him down the stairs. He felt weird and numb all over before his legs gave away and his weight was on both of them as he blacked out. They got to the car and Yamakaza got into the back seat with him before Aunt Kudaku got into the drivers' seat.
Yamakaza called the emergency room on her cell as her aunt got onto the road. She heard a woman answer, “Hello, emergency room, how may I help you?”
“Yes, I have a sixteen year-old boy with a temperature that's rising and has been coughing violently,” she told the woman.
“How high is his temperature right now?”
“A hundred maybe . . . I don't know, but we're on our way to the hospital right now!”
“Ma'am calm down. I want you to put your palm on his forehead and tell me how hot it is.”
She dipped into her power, sensed his temperature and answered, “It feels like a hundred-one I think and is still rising.”
“Alright turn on the air conditioner to cool him down and I'll have someone waiting for you.”
Okay,” she hung up and said to her aunt, “Turn on the air conditioner.”
“Yamakaza use your power to drain some of his heat,” Aunt Kudaku said as she reached for the air conditioner.
“Yes, but I don't know how it will affect him,” as she did the hand sign for Torabefore brushed his ears with her hands and set an illusion on them as well as his tail.
When they got to the hospital the doctors immediately assisted Yamakaza with the boy. They lifted him up and put him on the gurney. One doctor checked his pulse and said, “He has a heart rate of hundred twelve beats a minute! That's way too fast for anyone!”
`Maybe because he's not just a ningen, he's also a cat!' She thought to herself as they wheeled him towards the emergency room
Another said, “Temperature one o seven degrees! Get me some ice!”
Yamakaza ran beside them as she held boy's hand before a nurse stopped her at the E.R. and said, “Ma'am you can't come in here. Please wait in the waiting room.”
She watched the doors close behind the nurse while the doctors moved franticly in the E.R. For some reason she felt torn and hoped that the hanyou would survive. She felt a strange connection with the hanyou and wanted to know why.
Aunt Kudaku came over and asked, “Why don't we go to the waiting room?”
“No, you go ahead,” she answered as she shook her head.
“Alright . . . you know that he might not-”
“I know,” she whispered.
Aunt Kudaku left her standing in the hall as she went to the waiting room. An hour passed and Yamakaza started to pace. Another hour went by and she sat on the floor with an empty disposable cup that was once full of hot coca that a nurse had given her. Not long after, she decided to distract herself, so she took out the sphere from her pocket and went the bathroom to clean it off. She let the facet water run over it as she rubbed her fingers hard against it to get the caked on blood and saliva off. Once it was free of all blood and saliva she dried it with a paper towel. She threw the towel away and examined the Yin and Yangcat eye looking jewel. She never has seen a jewel that was dark and light violet with what looked like cat's thin pupil running down the center that was dark in the light violet and light in the dark violet.
She held it up to the light before it suddenly burned her fingers making her let go and it shot itself onto the center of her chest. It burned a small portion of her shirt as she fell to her knees and grabbed at the jewel on her chest as it burned into her skin. She gasped as she felt the energy of the jewel made her skin form tightly around it a centimeter thick. She grimaced in pain as she tried to dig it out with her fingernails when she felt its power started to bond with hers'. Finally her body couldn't handle it anymore and she fainted.
 
She felt someone shake her shoulder and asked, “Miss, are you alright?”
She slowly got up to her hands and knees as she took shallow breathe. She reached into her pouch on tied to her waist, took out her inhaler, and used it. When she was better she looked at the woman and said, “I'm fine.”
She slowly got up to show the woman that she was fine and waited until she left to open up her shirt to look at her chest to find the jewel was embedded in her chest. She ran out as she held her shirt closed as she went to the waiting room to her aunt and whispered, “Aunt Kudaku, we have a problem.”
Her aunt looked at her and followed her into the restroom. Yamakaza opened up the top part of her shirt and said, “This jewel has embedded itself onto me. It came out of me right before you came into my room and now it won't come off.”
“The Moon Cat's Eye . . . it has chosen you has its' barrier,” her aunt told her.
“Well, I guess from now on I'm going to be targeted by youkais,” she said angrily.
“Yamakaza, you're going to become a lot stronger now that the jewel has bonded with you. It's now your duty to protect the weak from the wicked and I never wanted to show you this but now that the time has come. Your mother for saw this when you were born,” she took out a very old Makimonofrom her purse and handed it to her, “this is the Makimono of the former Moon Cat's Eye barriers. The scroll was written ancient magic to tell the lives of the other barriers since the jewels came into existence up until four hundred twelve years ago when our ancestor Chikako died.”
“Wait! Jewels? I just a have one.”
“Yes there are two. The jewels are like the Chinese Yin and Yang. You have the Yin of the jewels, the gentle side or the dark. Yang is the fighting side or the light. Now it's up to you to find Yang of the jewel and when you find it, it'll go to the rightful barrier of it. The Makimono, you have to read to allow the scroll to write your story.”
“I'm still very confused.”
“Come on lets go and sit down,” as her aunt led Yamakaza out while she buttoned her aunt's jacket up on her. Neither of them knew but a short man in black used his Jagan to listen in on what they were doing and quick left.
Another hour passed when a doctor came out and Yamakaza got up as she asked, “How is he?”
He looked at her startled before saying, “We got him stable, but his immune system has failed to protect his body. When we put him on pure oxygen, to much to our surprise, he stabilized quicker than we expected. I'll have to look at his records.”
It was then Aunt Kudaku came over and asked dumbfounded, “His records?”
“Yes, we have to know his family history before we can treat him.”
As the other doctors wheeled the boy out, he had them stop, and said, “I . . . grow up . . . with wolves . . . my name's . . . Neko- . . .” before he passed out.
“This is surprising; this is the first case we've had a person grow up with wolves. Well, we'll start his' records and shots now,” he turned to Yamakaza and Aunt Kudaku, “You'll have to help create his records, but for now we'll have to isolate him until his immune system can fix itself.”
“Can I see him before you do that?” Yamakaza asked.
“Yes, but be quick we did to get him isolated before any serious bacteria attack him.”
As she passed her aunt she took a bottle of sleeping powder from her. She kneeled next to his head and said as she secretly put the powder into the air pipe, “The next time you wake up I'll be here.”
“You will not leave me, will you?”
“I will be there when you wake, I promise,” as he drifted off into sleep/meditated state.
 
Youkai typically means male demon while yasha means female demon. Youkai is sometimes generally used when talking about demons in general.
Ningen means human.
-san, -kun, -chan, and -sensei are all placed after someone's name
-san, and -kun: are terms used by everyone but when you use them you must remember that -san is used to address females and -kun is used to address males. You never use -san for a male it's impolite unless you are really good friends with the boy.
Example: Yamakaza-san or Neko-kun
-sensei: means teacher, you use it after saying the teachers' names.
Example: Eijiro-sensei
 
-chan: is used for pets or little kids as a sign of affection. Teenage girls may use it for a short version for their friends' names.
Example: Yama-chan or Ne-chan (Izu uses this name for Neko-youkai)
In Japan, you say your last name first and your first name last. Also in Japan they don't have a middle name.
Example: Japanese: Idane Iemochi, Akio
English: Akio Idane Iemochi
O-Hitsuji means Ram. Positions of the hands: facing out, non-dominant hand makes a fist as the dominant hand on top with index and pinky curled.
Sight of Aura's Ninjutsu: Hand signs: one hand Ram. With this ninjutsu the user is able to see auras of everything or they can chose what auras they can see. It was first used by Minako but she only used it when she's battling enemies in the sky because it wasted to much of her chakra.
Reiki is there but humans don't know how to harness their energy but there are a few that can. Reiki is also known as chakra is just one's spiritual or body energy that comes from within the person. Ninjas use this to do their jutsu.
Katana is the Japanese word for a sword and do not mistake it for a western sword. Look up katana on the internet for more information.
Family Crests: back in war time high ranking families' would put their crest on their clothes so they could identify soldiers, family members, or other clans. Ninjas would use this to their advantage and they could sneak into the home with everyone thinking they belong there. With the Takashi Clan they are more of the neutral type they only come out if they feel that unnecessary innocent blood is spilt.
Ninja families sometimes took in orphans to train them as their own. But with the Takashi Clan they took in a lot of orphans, like Neko-youkai, if they were children they would find a home for them. If they couldn't they gave them the choice of learning their way of life or just learning a trade like farming or pottery.
Hankyu is a bow for archery on horseback.
Head of the Household or Family is the leader of the whole family that makes the laws until the end of their life. The Takashi Clan is still run like this and they take the Head of the Household very seriously. Most of the time the Takashi children are born at the Household but there are a few that are not.
Neko means cat. (Teehee, that's Neko-youkai's new name too)
Hanyou is the Japanese word for half human and half demon. Humans and demons look down on these children that are in between and for that most hanyous don't turn out good unless their parents treat them right.
Tora means Tiger. Fingers pointed in front clasps, like holding a small ball, together fingertips in between each other fingers; so the fingers look like teeth.
Illusion Jutsu: Hand signs: Tiger. Allows the user to change their look, body, or make their demon appearance disappear. Neko-youkai and Izu use this to make their ears and tails disappear and make it look like they have human ears. Only people at the same level or higher or the person who cast it can see through the limb illusion or looking at their shadow. The Takashi uses it to disguise them look like something else or change their body's gender.
Yin and Yang: light and dark. This takes a big part in this story exceptionally around my main characters.
Makimono means scroll painting but in the case of my story it's writing scrolls or painting scrolls depending on the situation.