Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Clothes, Optometry, and Dentist for Neko ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking” `Thought”
Chapter 12
Clothes, Optometry, and Dentist for Neko
Yamakaza knocked on her brother bedroom door and called to Neko, “Neko-kun, you up?”
There was no answer from inside.
She knocked again and called, “Neko-kun . . .”
“Yeah,” he answered behind her from the bathroom as the sound of a bandage wrapper being pulled apart followed it.
She turned and asked as she noticed that he showered and was wearing his hakama but he had his top hanging around his waist, “When did you get up?”
“Around three,” as he placed the band-aid on one of his wounded cheeks, “Damn that poison! It's keeping my wounds from healing quickly.” He gave her a side glance as he went to put on another band-aid and asked, “Why are you dressed like that?”
She looked down at herself at her jeans and teal T-shirt, “Well, don't you remember? I told you yesterday that I'm taking you out shopping to pick up some clothes and take you to the optometrists and the dentist.”
He looked at her for a minute and said bluntly, “If you think I'm going to let you buy me those ridiculous clothes that people call a fashion then think again!”
“I'm going to buy you those hideous things. I'm going to buy you clothes that you like and that fit you.”
He placed the band-aid on his other cheek and said absently, “If I had these cuts before it would've been harder to get these covered.”
“Neko-kun, you're not listening to me,” she told him mildly angry. “We're going to be busy today so get downstairs so we can get started.”
  
Yamakaza was looking at the men's loose jeans at a department store when she heard Neko call to her, “Yama-chan!”
She already knew that when he called her that he was playing around. So she turned to look at him as he held up a flowerier dress thathe got from the women's section that he held up against him. She bursted out into a fit of laughter as he twirled in a circle before he set it back on the rack with the other dresses. Once they got a decent amount of clothes she had Neko try them on in one of the dressing rooms.
The only complaint that she heard from him as he got into the clothes were that of him was when he trying to figure out how to put them on. Luckily it didn't take him that long for him to figure them out before he came out with three pairs of jeans, two loose shorts five shirts, and five pairs of pajamas. She bought them and they went to the next store. She bought him a hair brush and hair ties when she noticed that Neko's hair had gotten longer as well as a toothbrush.
Neko was carrying the two bags (Yamakaza knows how to fold clothes to make them smaller so they can fit more in a bag or anything) as they headed to the optometrists. They weren't going to the ningen optometrists they were going to the optometrists that did both youkais and ningens. They sat in the waiting after Yamakaza talked to the man at the desk about Neko. When Neko was called up he didn't really like the first machine that they had him on but he did like the second. He didn't like it when the optometrists shining the light in his eyes but he thought it was cool when they dilated his eyes and when he got the eye shades.
They went to the dentist like the optometrist it was made for ningens and youkais. Neko sat in the exanimation chair with Yamakaza sitting beside him trying to comprehend her English assignment. When the dentist came to examine Neko's mouth they soon learned that he didn't like things being stuck in his mouth. The dentist had no choice but to put him under but this gas made him relax but not put him to sleep. The good thing about was that the dentist had to pull out one of Neko's molars which made it easier.
Yamakaza was making another appointment when she suddenly noticed that Neko wasn't in the waiting room with her. She used her senses to see if he was inside the building still but he wasn't. She grabbed the shopping bags and ran out as she took out her cell-phone to call Kurama.
“Moshi moshi,” Kurama answered when he picked up.
“Kurama-kun, listen Neko-kun's missing,” she told him as she continued to search for Neko.
“Well, no surprise he is a cat.”
“Well yea, but I took him to the optometrist and the dentist today. So his eyes are dilated and he's kind of under the effects of this new gas from Demon World so he's acting weird.”
“Look around places that have a lot of dogsor trees.”
“Oh right the wild!” as she stopped to think of where such places were.
“I'll meet you at the park, okay?”
“Okay,” before she hung up and suddenly heard several howls one belonging to Neko. She reached into her purse to put away her phone and placed a little cat toy, she had bought earlier that day, on top of her other items in her purse. She continued to run until she ran into the pet owners' of the dogs she heard. As she bowed she asked, “Excuse me, have you seen a man-”
“Yes,” said the woman angrily, “we had to scare him away from our dogs!”
“I am so sorry,” she said sincerely, “where did he go?”
“That way,” said the man as he pointed in the direction Neko went off to.
“Thank you!” as she bowed again and ran in that direction.
She stopped in the park as she looked around and spotted him barking/meowing angrily at Hiei. She ran towards them as she saw he was still wearing the eye shade but suddenly noticed that Neko's illusion on his ears and tail wasn't there. She quickly did the Illusion jutsu as she continued to towards them. She slowed down as she can closer to Neko and gently touched his ear with one finger quickly. She yanked her hand away just as Neko turned to try bite her finger, but suddenly he started to yelp happily at her.
“Looks like he recognizes you,” she heard Kurama tell her as he came up behind her.
“I guess,” Yamakaza set her bags to the side as she kneeled down in front of Neko and was suddenly at the end of a happily licking tongue as she squeaked in surprise.
Neko was happily licking Yamakaza's face after he pounced on her like any happy dog would to its' owner. He began to rub against her face and chest as she tried to push him away.
Yamakaza glared at Kurama as he chuckled at her situation and demanded, “I would like some help!”
Suddenly Neko ran away from them just as Kurama went to grab him. Yamakaza sat up just as something nudged her back. She turned and saw Neko sitting behind her with a yellow ball in his mouth. He dropped it on the ground in front of her and looked expectantly at her.
She looked at the ball then at him and said, “I don't even want to know how he got that ball in his mouth.”
“Looks like he wants to play,” Kurama told her.
She picked up the ball and stood up as Neko yelped playfully and started to show his playfully canine side. She tossed the ball and he bolted after it with surprising speed. Yamakaza looked around to make sure no one was looking before she grabbed her bags and did the Teleportation jutsu. She reappeared in the same spot without the bags just as Neko came running back with the ball. He dropped the ball at her feet and started to pant like a dog.
“I wonder . . .” Yamakaza said mainly to herself.
“You wonder what?” Kurama asked.
“Watch . . .” she pretend to throw the ball and just like she thought Neko went after it thinking that she threw it.
He looked around and realized that she still had it. He turned to look at her and suddenly saw the ball come at him. He jumped up to get it but it suddenly turned a different direction. Neko ran after it as Kurama chuckled when he noticed that Yamakaza was using her reiki to control the direction of the ball. Neko was doing back and front flips and other things to try to get the ball. They didn't notice Hiei had disappeared until he suddenly grabbed Neko's tail and Neko in turn bite Hiei's calf.
“This isn't good,” Kurama said worriedly.
“Doesn't look like neither of them are going to let go,” Yamakaza told him as they both walked over to them. “Hiei-kun you might want to let go since Neko-kun's the one that has his teeth in your flesh.”
But Hiei didn't let go even has his blood covered Neko's teeth.
Yamakaza didn't want to make a scene and get Neko placed in the hospital for acting like an animal. But since she didn't know what to do she sighed and suddenly Neko let go of Hiei. He pulled his tail free from Hiei's hand and placed it between his legs as his ears went back while he went low to the ground in front of Yamakaza, whimpering. She stared at him for a moment and asked, “Is he doing what I think he's doing?”
“Acting like you're the alpha female and asking for your forgiveness,” Kurama asked and answered, “yes.”
“Pet him on the head in about five minutes,” Hiei told her as he turned away.
“Huh?”
“Make sure you look stern, he thinks that you're the alpha of the pack right now.”
She did and finally made it look like she forgave him. Kurama said he needed to do something and would see her later. Yamakaza led Neko back to the house and found that Neko liked to lie on her lap, a lot. Whenever she attempted to stand to get something Neko would apply all his weight onto her lap to keep her from getting up. Finally she just pushed him off her lap and onto the floor with a thud.
“What was that for?” he suddenly yelled.
“Thank goodness you're back to normal,” she said as she sighed in relief.
“What do you mean by that? . . . and why can't I feel my mouth?”
“The dentist, remember, he had to pull out a molar before that he put you under a new gas that made you all weird and then he had to numb your mouth.”
“I'm never letting you convince me to go to the dentist again!”
“So you say, I could tell Opal-san about how you were acting like a dog today.”
“So . . .”
“Going to fetch the ball I threw and how you wouldn't get off of my lap.”
“I'll kill you!” as he jumped on top of her.
They tumbled to the ground as they began to wrestle in a mock fight. They had sometimes argued over some dumb disagreement and it ended up with them wrestling each other to prove that they were right. So far Neko was in the lead by five to two. To tell the truth this was one of Yamakaza's ways of showing her affection to Neko aside from him teasing.
They somehow they got to their feet, they were bent pretty far back, and held each others shoulders as Opal and aunt Kudaku came in. They both looked over at the two women standing at the entrance of the living room staring at them oddly. Yamakaza's legs suddenly gave way and she found herself underneath Neko's body. She gave him a rough push off of her and asked him, “Who won?”
“I think it was a draw,” he told her casually as he scratched his ear with his foot.
“What were you two doing?” aunt Kudaku asked suspiciously.
“Wrestling,” her niece told her.
“Why?” Opal asked.
“To decide who wins our arguments,” Neko told her.
“Why?”
“It's just a fun way to end arguments and see who wins them,” Yamakaza told her as she walked to the stairs.
Aunt Kudaku watched Yamakaza go into her room and said, “That's the first time I've seen her enjoy herself in a long time.”
“What do you mean?” Opal asked.
“Well, ever since her mother went into a coma she hasn't been the same. It's just nice to see her smiling on a daily basis again and it's long thanks to you Neko-kun.”
“Yeah, I have that effect on people,” he told her as he scratched his head with his foot.
“You mean she hasn't been the way she is now as she was the first time I meant her?” Opal asked slightly shocked.
“No, even as a child she . . . uh . . . how should I put it . . . she had a short temper and when she was around her father she couldn't be herself,” aunt Kudaku told them. “She had a hard time dealing with her world and her parents' world ever since . . . well never mind about that. Neko-kun ever since you've been here she's able to act like herself. You've actually given a way for her to release who she really is without worrying about the consequences.”
Neko looked at her surprised, “You really mean that? I did all that to help her.”
“Yes, but don't tell her that I told you all this,” as she winked at the two of them.
 
In Japan it costs a lot to just have cat or dog so only rich people in Japan can have pets. There are some placeswhere I believe you can rent pets for a day.