Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ The Identity of the Thief of the Three Worlds ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking” `Thought”
Chapter 17
The Identity of the Thief of the Three Worlds
Kurama was walking home on a rainy afternoon as he listened to the ground of the rain falling onto his umbrella when he suddenly heard someone collapse to the ground. He turned his head and across the street laid a young woman on her stomach. He ran across the street to her, he held his umbrella over her as he flipped her onto his lap, and thought the woman was Yamakaza. That was until he saw the clothes the woman was wearing: shorts and a spaghetti strap shirt. “Dokushinjosei. . . Dokushinjosei, are you alright?” he asked as he shook her slightly.
Her eyelids opened halfway as she stared at him with her aqua green eyes. It was then that he noticed that she was panting heavily as sweat and rain covered her body. He gently placed his hand on her forehead and realized that she had a fever. As gently as possible she lifted her up into his arms and ran back to his home.
Kurama and his mother had put Natashi onto their couch to take care of her fever. She began to pant heavily as her face was flushed as sweat fell from her body. Kurama placed a blanket on top of her and a wash cloth on her forehead that his mother given him.
She suddenly seized his wrist and opened her eyes to his startled face. “Where am I?” she panted as she still held his wrist.
“You're at the Minaminoresidents; I found you on my way home. You fainted from a fever,” he told her. “You need rest-”
“No, I have to get . . . to the hospital,” as she struggled to sit up, “There's someone . . . I need to . . . see . . .”
Kurama held her arm and tried to push her back down, “No, you're weak from the fever.”
“I have to . . .” as she struggled to fight free of Kurama's grasp.
“Don't move!” Kurama's mother exclaimed as she quickly walked in, “It's not good for you to be moving right now.”
Kurama moved away from Natashi to let his mother through as she went to the other woman. Kurama noticed that Natashi was looking at the other woman startled. It almost seemed like she never had a mother to care for her in her life.
“You have to rest, you can't be running around when you have a fever,” Shiori told her as she gently pushed her back onto the couch.
“I appreciate your kindness but I have need to see someone at the hospital,” she struggled to argue.
“No . . . You need to rest please,” then as she smiled said, “Just give me the phone number and I'll call them for you to tell them you can't make it.”
Natashi just stared at her for a moment then pulled out her wallet and pulled out a small piece of paper, “All the information's on it.”
“Shu-chan, watch her okay?” as she got up and left the room.
“Alright mother,” he answered as he took his mother's place beside Natashi.
Once his mother was out of the room Natashi asked, “Is this how all mothers are supposed to be?”
“As far as I know . . . your mother isn't like this?”
“ . . . she's a drunk. She was too drunk to care for me when I got sick and it was my brother that took care of me.”
“Well, you might be able to stay with us.”
“No! . . . no, I can't. I'll put you and your mother in danger and I can't allow that to happen. What I do for a living is dangerous and I can't allow you two to get involved with my messes . . . it is the way I've lived my whole life . . .” she told him before she fell asleep.
“Shuichi-kun,” Kurama suddenly heard his mother, “who is this girl? She's defiantly not Yama-chan.”
“I think she's Yamakaza-san's cousin. She told me that she had a cousin that looked the same as her but the only way you tell the difference between them is their eyes. Yamakaza-san has dark red and if this is her cousin she has aqua-green,” he told her.
“Has she said anything about her?”
“No, but it's apparent that they're not close.”
“How sad, but I'm pretty sure that she's as nice as Yamakaza-san.”
Kurama kept silent as his mother took care of Natashi.
  
Natashi looked at the woman kneeling asleep by the end of couch and sighed. She knew she had to get out of there before Kurama or his mother woke up. She wrote a note thanking them for their kindness and set it by Shiori's hand. She smiled at the woman before she left the house and headed to the hospital to meet up with one of her small friends. She thought that she was lucky that Kurama didn't her but she never realized that Kurama did and was about to make her luck run out. For within three months he planned out how to catch her and everything after that.
 
Dokushinjosei means unmarried woman.