Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Boys' Secret ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking” `Thought”
Chapter 18
The Boy's Secret
Neko had decided since the moment he met Kichiro he would train him. Aunt Kudaku had told him that Kichiro was not allowed to be taught how to fight by the family but they never said anything about him training the boy. Kichiro was more than eager to learn some moves from him and turned out to be a fast learner. It only took them till December to get to the level Neko was at when he joined the family in training. It was time to teach him how to use a katana and he didn't know how to teach that for he already knew how to use a katana so they never taught him the basics but the swings.
Neko lied on the top bunk of the bunk bed that he and Kichiro shared and tried to think of any basic katana skills he knew. He tried to remember anything that Kyochi had taught him but his lessons with Kyochi was brief because he already seemed to know them. He knew nothing more of how to teach the basics to Kichiro unless he found someone else to teach him but he knew that the boy would hate that and refuse to listen. Kichiro was nice and all but when he wanted to be stubborn he was just like his sister.
The only other person who would most likely know the basics was Hiei but he would never agree. Neko sighed again and sat up as he thought, `What am I going to do? I already taught him Taijutsuand some ninjutsus. But what else can I teach him if I can't teach him Ninja kenor Batto-jutsu.'
It took a week for Kichiro to learn to do the hand signs correctly and he still practiced to remember them by heart. There was still a lot to teach him like Seishin-teki kyoyo, Shurikenjutsu, Kayakujutsu, HensÅjutsu, Shinobi-iri, Bajutsu Intonjutsu, Tenmon, Chi-mon, and the all important Ninja ken. It would take years for Kichiro to remember allthe techniques correctly and he himself didn't know half the techniques. Yamakaza probably knew all the techniques but since he didn't want her to find out he couldn't ask her. He was in a bind, Kichiro wanted to learn more but Neko main skills were that of a samurai. He truly didn't know what to do for Kichiro except to tell him that there was nothing else he could teach him without proper instructions. Neko suddenly smelled smoke and when he looked behind him to see a black flame on his tail.
His eyes dilated and he exclaimed, “Shit! Put me out!” as he began to run around. He was suddenly tripped and someone stepped on his tail causing him to yowl in pain. He yanked his away and held it in his hands as he looked up at Hiei. “What the hell did you do that for?”
“I know about your little training with Kichiro-kun,” Hiei told him.
“You didn't need to set my tail on fire! What do you want then?”
“I'm going to train him now . . .”
“Hiei-kun I don't think that's a good idea . . .”
“I'm going to train him . . .” that stopped any argument Neko had.
  
Kichiro sat on the swing listening to his ipod that was playing the `Hamster Dance Remix' as he watched the other kids play on the jungle gym. Someone suddenly took his headphones and he was about to confront them until he saw it was the new girl Jade. She looked at him and smiled before handing back his headphones. She sat down in the swing beside him as he turned off his ipod and placed his headphones around his neck.
She smiled and asked, “What's your name?”
“It's Idane Iemochi Kichiro . . .” he answered as he looked at the ground. “You must be ___ Jade . . .”
“You really are intimidated by everyone.”
“Why else do you think the bully's pick on me?” he mumbled low.
“Well, you shouldn't let them since you have a lot of developing muscles to ya!” as she point to his arm nearest to her.
He looked at her startled as she continued to smile at him.
“My parents run a dojo so I can tell. So where are you going for training?”
“No where, Neko-kun's teaching me.”
“What, a cat's teaching you?” she asked confused.
“No! He's a person living with my family!” as he made a face at her.
“See that's the attitude you need when the bully's pick on you. You just need to stand up for what you believe in.”
“Like they'll listen to me they don't even care about what I say.”
“They won't if you have that attitude,” she told him, “Maybe after a few more lessons with Neko-kun you'll be fine.”
“Maybe . . .” as he looked at the ground.
After school he waved goodbye to Jade as he walked home with Neko. Neko looked at him and smiled as he decided to tease him, “Someone has a C-R-U-S-H.”
“I do not! I just met her today! She's a new student!” Kichiro told him angrily.
“No, it's a crush,” he continued to tease.
“Oh, yeah! What about the crush you have on my sister?”
He stopped and looked at the boy with a weird look on his face before saying, “I don't have a crush on her!”
“Yeah right!” as he stood in front of him, “You was daydream when you're suppose to be doing your homework!”
“I daydream about running with my pack! That's all!” he argued.
“Oh right along with my sister,” as Kichiro ran towards the house.
“I'm going to get you!” as Neko after him.
“No you won't!”
 
Yamakaza looked up from her sketches of her dance for the school and out the kitchen window. She stood up and walked to the window as she took off her glasses. Yamakaza chuckled as she saw Kichiro and Neko wrestling in their yard. It seemed like they were like father and son and she thought it was nice that they both were getting along so well. Her brother needed a father figure in his life and Neko was perfect.
 
Neko and Kichiro stopped wrestling they heard Yamakaza scream as she was pushed through the kitchen window. She hit the ground hard and Kichiro ran over to her. Neko's suddenly caught the scent of Yamakaza's blood and he grabbed Kichiro as he said, “Kichiro-kun go call the hospaal-or whatever its' called place!”
He let go of Kichiro when he suddenly saw someone step into the puddle next to Yamakaza. He did the Weapon Summon jutsu and pulled out the Yang as it appeared in his hands. “Get away from her!” he yelled.
He swung at where the spirit was standing and saw that spirit jumped away when he saw the feet land a yard away. He heard Kichiro scream from inside the house as pots fell to the floor and Neko was suddenly pushed away from Yamakaza. It happened so quick that Neko could only watch stunned. Yamakaza stood up and took the Yang from him as she ran towards the house. She suddenly ran something through the chest as the Yang glowed and revealed a youkai with two small daggers in its hands ready to kill. She pulled the Yang back and slowly looked at Neko. It was only then that Neko noticed that Yamakaza's eyes were fully dilated and she suddenly just collapsed.
 
Yamakaza woke to the hospital ceiling looking down at her and suddenly she saw Neko looking down at her. He sat back down as he gave a sigh of relief and she asked, “What's wrong?”
“Well . . . you were possessed by a spirit that could use the Yang,” he told her, “and I was worried about your wound.”
“ . . . Neko there something I need to tell you,” as she looked out the window watching the sun go down.
“What is it?”
She struggled to hold back her tears as she struggled to tell him,”. . . it's been twelve years since one of my closest cousins' death . . . and . . . twelve years since I lost my spiritual ability to keep spirits from possessing me . . .”
“Yamakaza-san . . .” Neko wasn't sure what to make of what she was telling him but he could tell that it was hurting her greatly.
“My cousin, Yawo-kun, died when I was five . . . but he didn't die of natural causes . . . He died . . . by . . . by,” as tears fell from her eyes she struggled to say, “by m-my hands . . .”
“The only question I have is why did you kill him?” he wasn't really surprised that she killed her own cousin, heaven forbid that he never heard of a Takashi doing that. A Takashi normally would kill one of their own if it was by accident or if there was no other option that was only the case if they suddenly turned or possessed by an evil spirit.
“He . . . he was possessed and . . . he attacked me . . . he barely had control over his voice,” she gasped. “He hit me in the back with his Boomerang Swordwhen I tried to run. I suddenly lost control over my body and . . . shot him down with one arrow . . . in the heart . . . but I'm not proud of it.”
“Who would be?” he asked calmly, “Having to kill someone close to you and then watch them die in front of your eyes . . . I've never had to do that but I knew a few members that had to. They carried that scar until the day they died . . . I better go the doctor said that you'll be fine in the morning so it's only me and Kichiro-kun tonight.”
“See ya . . .” as she watched him start to leave, “Neko-kun!”
“Yeah?” as he stopped to look at her.
“Thanks for listening . . .”
He smiled and said, “No problem I'm always here to listen.”
 
Neko approached the house and heard Kichiro crying as he yelled, “I don't want to train with you anymore!”
“I knew this was a bad idea . . .” Neko mumbled as he walked towards them.
“Do you think I care?” he heard Hiei ask. “Now get up!”
Neko hid behind the tree in the front yard and listened as a silence filled the air.
“I said get up!”
“ . . . No!” Kichiro suddenly yelled out. “I'm not going to! I don't like it when you hit me in the head with your sheath!”
“News flash: I don't care. So stop shaking and hold the katana still.”
`That's the first time I heard Kichiro object to anything.' Neko suddenly felt someone grab onto his leg and when he looked down he saw it was Kichiro. “How did you get there?” he asked slowly. “And how did you know I was here?”
“ . . . I don't know,” Kichiro mumbled into Neko's clothes.
Neko came out from behind the tree and said to Hiei, “I think that's enough for today, okay Hiei-kun?”
“Fine, I'll come back tomorrow,” before he disappeared.
“Neko-kun, why can't you teach me instead of Hiei-kun?” Kichiro demanded as he backed up.
“Because I got amnesia so I don't know how to teach you. Plus I'm still learning to access all the powers of the Yang,” Neko told him.
“But I want you! You're so much cooler than anyone I know that knows how to fight besides my sister.”
`Wow, praised and insulted . . .' “Ki-chan I know you want me to teach you-”
“I want to become a ninja like you and Yama-chan!” he blurted out, “I've always known that one day that I could and you're the only person who can teach me without my aunt or sister getting in trouble!”
Neko stood there looking at Kichiro stunned that he knew that he could get around the court order that was set on him. He sighed and said, “Alright, you got me . . .”
“Yes!”
“Lets get inside, eat, and then I'll teach Seishin-teki kyoyo and some other ninja skills.”
“Alright!”
“For dinner, though, I'll be teaching you how to cook a meal with only using natural ingredients over an open fire.”
“What?” he looked dumbfounded.
“It's one of the skills that all ninjas must know how to do on their own.”
Kichiro came to school the next day with his hands bandaged up and had a few band-aid on his face. Jade met up with him and noticed by asking, “Ki-chan is this your new look?”
“No . . . I was help Neko-kun cook and I kept burning my hands. Then we were wrestling and a vase fell on my face,” he told her slightly embarrassed.
“Ki-chan you're so cute!” as she pinched his cheeks.
“Don't do that! My uncle does that to me and I hate it.”
“Oh, I'm sorry. We better get to class before we get in trouble,” as she grabbed his wrist and ran to their classroom.
It was at recess that the bullies decided to pick on Kichiro. He tried to ignore them and saw they started to pick on Jade. It was then he decided that he needed to defend not only him but Jade as well.
“Look at him!” yelled one of the bullies, “What is he doing?”
Kichiro bent down into his defense stance and shakily held his fist up in a defense pose. He heard Jade cheer him, “Kichiro-kun, you can do it!”
“Yeah, he can do it alright if you mean cry like a little baby!” the oldest bully teased.
“I'm not a baby!” Kichiro cried out angrily.
“Look I think he's about to cry,” said another bully.
“Looks like I'm going to have to teach him his place again.” Then older bully hit Kichiro across the face with his fist and unknowingly that triggered something inside of Kichiro.
Kichiro let the bully brush his cheek before he suddenly spun on the ball of his right foot and kicked the bully in cheek. He watched impassive as the bully fell to the ground hard.
  
“Idane Iemochi-san,” Eijiro-sensei called to her.
“Yes Eijiro-sensei,” she answered as she looked up from her book.
“The office called and said they need you for a phone call and bring your things.”
“Alright . . .” before she took things and headed to the office. She entered the office and asked, “Hi, I was sent down here for a phone call.”
Idane Iemochi-san, your brother's school is on line one. You can take here,” said the office aid.
“Thank you,” she picked up the phone as she pressed the line one button, “Moshi moshi, this Idane Iemochi,Yamakaza speaking. May I ask what's wrong?”
“Yes,” answered the kÅchÅof her brother's school, Nonomura, “Idane Iemochi-san, during recess today your brother kicked another student. He claims it was in self-defense and we know it was because other students saw it.”
“Nonomura-san, that's impossible my brother doesn't even know how to fight,” Yamakaza told her.
“Well, your brother does know how to throw a kick but that's not what should worry you.”
“Then what should I worry about?”
“I like your brother but when he was brought down to the office he wasn't talking or looking like he really concerned about what he did. I really think you should come down here and see what wrong.”
“Alright, I'll be down there shortly.” She hung up the phone and left for her brother's school.
  
Kichiro sat in the office staring at the floor his mind was blank for some strange reason. He didn't care that he punched a bully or that he was in trouble. He just sat there until he felt his sisters' presence approaching the school. He looked up and saw her walk into the room. The strange thing was though he saw the faint outlines of wolf ears and tail on her then it was gone. He was abruptly yanked out of his trance and all the events of what happened came rushing back into his mind. He felt his sister's hands on his shoulder and he looked up at her. He began to cry and hid his face on her chest.
“It's okay, Ki-chan,” Yamakaza told him as she held him close.
Nonomura watched them from her office for a while before she went to them. She tapped Yamakaza on the shoulder and said, “Why don't you take him home, he's . . . he's been through a lot today.”
“Thank you, Nonomura-san.” She bent down and picked up her brother bag.
As they left Nonomura went back into her office and thought about the siblings, `Those two . . . are each others weakness and strength . . . I'll have to tell them sooner or later about their bloodline. I hope that Shiro Inazuma has luck with talking to the sister when her other powers come out.' She sat down at her desk and thought about the future that lay ahead the two siblings. `It's not going to be easy for them to live their lives no matter how strong they get. I pray that they'll get through their ordeals together.'
 
At dinner Yamakaza watched Neko and Kichiro as they nervously looked at each other from time to time. She noticed that Kichiro had a few new scratches on his arms and face. She set her chopsticks down and asked, “What's going on between you two?”
They looked at her for a moment before Neko said as he obviously tried to hide something, “Nothing, why would you ask such a question?”
“Lair,” she said bluntly. “You guys honestly think I would be fooled by your lies. Ki-chan has cuts all over his arms and face. Do you think I would honestly miss that? He's my brother!”
“Well . . .”
“It's not his fault!” Kichiro exclaimed.
“Kichiro-kun?” Yamakaza looked at him startled.
“It's my fault, I convinced him to teach me how to fight like a ninja!”
She looked at him startled and suddenly burst into a fit of giggles as she held onto her sides. “I was . . . thinking . . . that Neko-kun . . . took you . . . to a forest . . . to play around . . . in!”
“I should've known that she didn't know about the training,” Neko mumbled to himself.
“You mean you didn't know?” Kichiro asked.
“No . . .” she smiled at him and said, “but I'm glad you're learning how to fight. Although Neko-kun probably told not fight unless you have no choice to.”
“I didn't have a choice the bully's were picking on Jade.”
“Jade . . . who's she?” as she began to pick up her chopsticks and bowl of rice again.
“She . . . a new girl in my class . . . She-”
“He has a crush on her!” Neko interrupted with a smile on his face.
“I do not!”
“Just so you know my nose is sensitive to scents and that includes hormone changes.”
“Oh! My little brother has a crush!” Yamakaza cried out in joy as she put her hands on her face. “I can't believe it! It reminds me of my first crush!”
“You had a crush!” Neko exclaimed.
“Yes, I had a crush and it was on Kurama-kun when we were kids but I only saw him once. I got over in few weeks because I needed to train for my Genin Exam.”
“Ku-Kurama-kun . . .”
“Look who's jealous now,” Kichiro mumble as he ate his food.
“I'M NOT JEALOUS!” Neko yelled as he turned to him.
“Neko-kun, who was your first crush?” Yamakaza asked.
“Uh . . . well . . .” he looked at his food slightly embarrassed.
“Come on! I told you mine!”
“Uh . . . I never had a crush on anybody but I had a lot of girls say they loved my ears in the village that I lived in before the pack took me in.”
“They loved . . . your ears . . .”
“Yeah, they would plead with me to touch my ears but I never let them.”
“That's good!” she mumbled angrily.
“Oh no,” Kichiro mumbled, “She's now in a bad mood.”
“I think I better go do my homework now,” Neko said as he quickly finished eating his food and went to Kichiro's and his room.
Later the evening as Neko and Kichiro were getting ready for bed when Neko asked, “Why did your sister get mad when I told her that the girls liked my ears?”
“I really don't now. She sometimes gets like that for no reason,” Kichiro told him as slipped into his pajamas.
“Women are so complicated I don't know why I try to figure them out. Once you figure out one thing about them they suddenly change.”
“Neko-kun?”
“Yeah . . .”
“Put on your clothes!”
“You know that I never wear clothes when I go to bed! They're uncomfortable . . .”
“Well, I want you put on your clothes! I hate waking up and seeing you naked!”
“Well then don't wake up!”
 
Taijutsu means unarmed combat.
Ninja ken means sword fighting
Batto-jutsu means sword-drawing includes cutting rolled straw targets.
Seishin-teki kyoyo means spiritual refinement (this is why Opal can't Yamakaza's mind or anyone of her family and just barely read Neko-youkai's mind).
Shurikenjutsu means throwing blades.
Kayakujutsu means fire and explosives.
HensÅjutsu means disguise and impersonation.
Shinobi-iri means stealth and entering methods.
Bajutsu Intonjutsu means horsemanship.
Tenmon means meteorology.
Chi-mon means geography.
Boomerang katana: a katana bent more inward than normal katanas and the user uses their chakra to control it after it has left their hands. Once the katana has hit its' mark it returns to the owner like any other boomerang but handle first. With certain Boomerang katanas they're able to do certain things to people.
Moshi moshi means hello and you only use it on the phone and if you just say moshi that's a treat that has rice pounded into a paste and then wrapped around sweet bean curd ((random note!!!) mochi is very tasty and sweet try it if you ever get the chance).
KÅchÅ means principal for elementary or secondary school.
Onigiri means rice balls.