Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Prism ❯ In which we take a deeper look into Hiei and ayame's past ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A.N: This flashback comes before all the other flashbacks in 'Under Construction'.

A small girl in a purple kimono with a blue obi, uneven blue bangs that come just above her eyes, and shoulder length purple hair. Otherwise known as Singe by her father, and shall be called Ayame in the future, walked through an unknown forest.

She had been exiled from her village, known as a weird ningen freak.

And she couldn't go to ningenkai; they would call her a youkai freak.

The bad luck hanyou's have.

The girl was four. Her youkai aging hadn’t kicked in yet so her appearance matched her age. She'd been allowed to stay in the village so they could train her, knowing about the rumour of Hanyou's having more potential then full breeds. But maybe it was just hanyous that had all demon in them with no human.

Singe was just too weak.

She couldn't transform, couldn't produce fire, couldn't reach demon speeds. She couldn't even kill the smallest most worthless demon or ningen.

The Ayashitens were a very proud and powerful race of demons. A demon such as Singe would lower the packs reputation.

The young cat girl’s father had been called to a meeting with the other heads of the village. Her father Ifrit was the king, making Singe a princess.

The two toned girl had eavesdropped on the conversation. But basically they had told her father that she was no longer allowed to live in the village. She was ruining their reputation, and is the produce of one of her father's ningen whores. Ifrit had said he'd leave the village with her and train her, then return with her when she was strong.

Singe's eyes started to water. She didn't want her father to go through that, to abandon his village just to take care of her.

So she left. She packed some food and a canteen of water in a backpack type thing. She then picked up a stuffed panda toy. She pressed the warm, plesent smelling fuz to her face.

''Where you going?'' came a suspicious voice. It was the voice of the same person that had got her the panda in the first place. Her brother Sorch.

''Away for a while.'' came the reply of a sweet angelic voice. The two toned owner of the voice then packed the panda and started to walk away. Scorch then caught her in a hug from behind, the catgirl could smell the salty tears, and feel them on her back, He then turned her around looking into mismatched orbs.

''Just promise me one thing.'' The older cat boy said holdig back his tears. ''Promise to come back, even if you aren't stronger. Singe I love you, always have and always will. So just come back.

Ayame turned around threw her hands around her older brother, tears welling up in her eyes. ''I love you too Scorch. I promise i'll come back. I also promise to push myself to get stronger, even if it kills me.'' With that said, she broke away from The oddly feminine catboy, and left through a window.

It had been about half an hour since Singe left the pack. It was getting dark. She was now trying to find some shelter for the night. The catgirl wandered around the forest searching. She'd changed before she left into a purple kimono with a blue obi. Leaving her shoes back home. They always got in her way, it was easier to climb without them, seeing as she had claws on her feet.

She finally found a small cave, it wasn't perfect. But it would do. Singe put her bag down, then left the cave to go find some fish, and scout around the area a bit.

She was then startled when she came across a man, not too far from her cave. He was unconcious, there were many cuts on his body, A puddle of blood had also started to form around him. She panicked and ran over to him. He had black hair that was spiked up un-naturally, with white highligts in the shape of a flame. After trying to wake him up and failing, she dragged him back to her cave and layed him down at the back.

Singe pulled a cloth out of her bag and ran to the river to soak it, on the way back she tripped over a rock and cut her leg. But she wanted to help strange man. she couldn't stand to see anymore people die, Singe pushed the pain to the back of her mind and ran as fast as she could to the cave.

After washing out his wounds, she bandaged him up. The bandana around his head was slightly ripped and dirty, so she removed it to see an eyelid.

"Woah!"

Singe inspected it for mintue with her mismatched eyes, it then opened with the boys other eyes. Singe jumped backwards, then looked at the boy, her ears pricked up in curiosity.

''Are you okay?'' Singe asked, concern clear in her voice.

''Hn,'' The stranger said trying to stand up, but collapsing, reopening his wounds.

''Please don't try and move, I found you hurt and brought you back here.'' Singe said noticing the strange man shivering. When he noticed she'd noticed, he tried to hide it, but Singe already knew.

The twotoned girl put some sticks on the floor in a circle to make a fire with. She then held her hand over the fire, closed her eyes and concentrated, she forced all her youki onto her hand, and suddenly a blue ball of fire shot out of her hand, and onto the sticks under it, making the cave become lighter, seeing as it was now dark outside.

The catgirl jumped up happily, then stared at the fire, then back at her hand. ''I did it!'' She exclaimed. The man just narrowed his eyes at her foolish behaviour.

She then ran to her bag, and pulled out something wrapped in cloth, it was a large fish. Singe stuck it on the end of a stick and roasted it for a mintue. When it looked done, she walked upto the injured boy, who had is eyes closed.

''Excuse me,'' She said politely to get his attention. The spikey haired boy snapped open his garnet eyes and growled at her. ''If you ate this it might help.'' She placed it down on a cloth near him and stepped away.

The spikey haired boy knocked it away. ''I don't need your food, Shoujo,'' He growled.

Singe just pushed the food back over to him, getting closer then last time.

''I told you i don't need anything!'' The spikey haired boy shouted, then knocked her backwards, causing her to roll and bang into the wall of the cave. Singe got up after a second, then walked back over to him with a riceball she got from her bag, there was now dirt on her face and her kimono and the cut on her leg had opened back up.

She walked upto him with a sad look on her face, holding the riceball. She then walked upto him, holding out the riceball. The boy smacked her into the cave wall with a little more force, she let out a little cry, then fell to the floor.

The spikey headed demon looked at this strange catgirl, she was relentless, after that, she was still coming back, trying to....help him. This time she pulled out another riceball, seeing as the other one smashed. She then limped up to him.

The spikey haired demon had to praise her for her courage and not giving up. Noone in their right mind would even go close to the Forbidden Child, nevermind try and help him...repetedly...after he smacked them into a wall twice. Hiei reached out for the riceball, and grabbed it off the girl looking at her suspiciously, then smelling the riceball.

Nothing smelt wrong with it, he then started to eat it. Singe ran to her bag and brought 3 more over then set them down in fornt of him, aswell and the canteen full of water.

While he was eating, Singe sat by the side of him on her knees, just watching him happily.

After the man who Singe would meet again later in life, not remembering him but learning his name was Hiei, had devoured the food and water, he looked at her, she was asleep, her head had moved into his lap without him even realsing it. The red eyed demon looked at the small girl before moving some blue strands of hair out of her face, she shivvered at the contact then moved closer to Hiei. This affection was strange, he'd never had anyone give him unconditional affection or love before...It scared him slightly.

Hiei fell asleep soon after. The next morning when Singe woke up, the strange spikey headed guy was gone, but she was wrapped in a black cape that smelt like him.

After that, Singe stayed in that forest training herself to get strong. Hiei watched over her dayly, making sure she didn't notice. As each day went by, Hiei's feeling for the girl grew stronger.

Years later, when Singe was about 7, Hiei marked her as his claim, leaving 3 clam marks on her waist. Soon after that her father got killed. Her body then went into overdrive and she got amnesiea, then started to wander around. Hiei had to leave on some buisnss before she got to meet him again, so she forgot everything.

Before long, Singe became a ruthless killing machine. Killing with no purpose other then bloodlust. On the night of the full moon she lost all her powers, allowing someone to catch her. When the night was over, Singe slaughtered everyone in site after breaking out of her cell. She then met Miirei. They were both fighting, but where Singe was attacking, Miirei was just blocking, trying to get the catgirl to calm down. Singe was allready exuasted from fighting with all the demons in the village that was now burning. Singe then collapsed and passed out. Miirei took her to a cabin type place, took off her clothes, washing and bandaging her up. She then put another pair of trowsers and shirt on the girl, then layed her on a bed and covered her up.

When Singe woke up, she looked around wearily, there was some food on a tray next to her, she smelt the food, but couldn't smell any poison it it. The twotoned cat girl still turned her nose up and pushed the food away.

A pink haired girl then walked in and leant up against the doorway, she was wearing a pair of tight blood red trowsers, a red t-shirt with long sleeves, and a small black jacket that was undone with the sleeves rolled up. The back of the girls hair had been spiked up with hair, the front hung down in her face. (Alex: Like susuke from naruto) Her eyes were an eerie yellow, and she also had two fluffy icy blue wolf ears, and a long fluffy icy blue wolf tail.

''Don't eat the food if you don't want to, I'm Miirei, what's your name?'' Miirei said cheerfully.

''Not sure,'' Singe said confused. Why was her blooddlust gone?

''Fine, until you find out your real name i'll give you a name. Ayame,'' The wolf girl said in the same happy but not super happy tone. She then sat down on the bed next to Ayame.

''Aya...me,'' The catgirl repeated.

''You really should eat.'' Miirei said with concern clear in her voice. ''It'll build up your strength and help you get better,''

Ayame continued to stare at the wolf girl, she was about the same age as herself. Ayame picked up the pate of food and started to eat the meat from it whilst still looking at the wolf girl play with her own cat tail. Ayame found herself to be slightly attracted to this girl.

After a couple of weeks the feeling of attraction towards Miirei went away. She then looked at her as a sister. Both of them had become theives, and also had a bounty on their head. Noone knew their names, Miirei had no past, it was like she'd come from nowhere. And The Ayashitens were too ashamed of Ayame to bring anything up about her. So Ayame was named Rath and Miirei was named Ruin.

~X~X~X~X~X~~X~XX~X~X~X~XX~~~XXX~X~X~X~XX~X~XX

Ash: Sorry if this confused you guys but I had to explain how Hiei knew Ayame and how she'd gotten the mark of claim.

Alex: I did most of this, according to Ash it was too sappy.

Ash: Yup, sure was. I did the part where Hiei and Ayame/singe was in the cave though. Sorry about the late update I actually completely forgot about this fic. It was pretty kewl when we were writing it because we were listening to Seal- Kissed by a rose. And at the part where it gos: My power, my pleasure, my pain. A soon as he sing pain, was the part that Ayame got flung against the wall by Hiei, the fic was typed in tune with that sappy song so we thought you should think of that song whilst reading this. :3

Review replies:

FF.net:

Makurayami Ookami:

Yeah. I felt this fic needed an annoying character with an annoying name. I guess to be non-biased or whatever I’ll give her some good parts in the story. = /


Lirael2007:
When Alex was calling out the names of the reviewers, I thought yours was L’Oreal the shampoo product. Well the update’s here.

Night: We’ll just have to see whether she gets heartbroken or not. And whether Hiei will show his affection or not? Probably not. He’s a typical hard headed male with that ego thing going on.

Demoniczombie45: Somehow I doubt you’ll want to do that. Not only will you get no more chapters if you feast upon my marvelous mind, but you’ll also have a crazy two-toned cat-girl and her friends after you.

Ayame: I don’t remember saying anything about being a bodyguard. ¬,¬

Ash: Then I guess you don’t want anymore ice-cream or pocky.

Ayame: Bitch.

Ash: Sticks and stones…

Nakamuro Kumiko:

I glad you like the story before this. I’m gonna go back one day and edit the spelling, grammer and what not in the chapters one day, but until then, you’ll be getting more updates of this.

Nekodemongrl:

Thanks. Enjoy the fic.

MM.org:

Slancaster113:

Yep. But bouncy perky girls like that don’t have common sense like normal people. They disgard it to make room for all the different fashion rules. I only know three: Pastel colours shouldn’t be worn during daytime, Black and navy don’t go and red and pink do NOT go. Here that, ‘rama?

Kurama: It’s not like I could help what colour my old school uniform was. Besides, it wasn’t pink, it was magenta.

Ash: Pssh, detail shmetails.

Hackneyqueenextreme:

Here’s your update. The best you’ve ever read? Jeez you must not have read many good fics. No, FF.net is at the same place as MM.org in my story.