Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Rainy Day Roses/ A Big Misunderstanding ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Rainy Day Roses/A Big Misunderstanding

Author: Suta-Chan

It was the biggest fight they had in years. Hiei, as usual, had left Kurama for Makai (Demon world) and Kurama, knowing this to be a usual act, thought he would never return after this big of a fight and so found himself another lover. When Hiei took wind of this in Makai he quickly descended into NingenKai (Human world) and found both Kurama and his new lover making out in a park, *their park*. Kurama, surprised to see Hiei tried to explain but Hiei wasn’t listening as he sprung his katana into the body of Kurama’s girlfriend. In anger Kurama threatened Hiei’s life and Hiei promised to return within two days to meet Kurama’s demand.

Two solid days passed by and there was still no sign of Hiei. Kurama began to wonder if Hiei was just playing a game or was he for real when he said he would show up within two days. Kurama stared out his bedroom window hoping to see a glance of his little lover pass by but there was nothing but the faint signs of a storm approaching. Slowly the once sunny sky began to cover itself in dark grayish-blue clouds and rain started to pour down flooding the outside of his window. Lighting struck the NingenKai surface with its powerful electricity and thunder rumbled from ahead. Kurama was sure then that Hiei wouldn’t show for the small fire youkai didn’t care much for water let alone thunderstorms.

*Guess you had this planned out all along didn’t you Hiei? You knew it would rain thus given you an excuse not to show up.* Kurama thought to himself as he decided to rest his tired eyes in a blanket of sleep. It was about six-o’clock in the afternoon and the rain was still pouring down outside. A light tap at Kurama’s window awoke the sleeping kitsune. In the blurred window he could make out a pair of crimson red eyes glaring at him like burning ashes in a darken flame. Kurama arose and unlocked the latch to the window letting Hiei come in muddy boots and all.

“I thought you wouldn’t show.” Kurama said with a hint of evil in his voice. “Sorry. Traffic was a bitch in Makai.” Hiei smiled showing one of his ivory fangs. “So…you still mad at me?” “What do you think? You killed my girlfriend of course I’m still mad at you.” “Huh. You mean I give you two whole days to get over her and yet here you are still mad at me. You know this just isn’t going to work out. Guess I’m going to have to fight you after all.” Hiei grinned at the thought of him pulling the life right out of Kurama. Kurama had cheated on him so what was the difference between him dieing and him leaving Hiei? Hiei didn’t think there was a difference.

“Guess you are.” Kurama hissed. He pulled from his long red hair a rose in which he turned into his trademark rose whip. Hiei smiled and pulled out his katana. “Guess we better finish this huh?” Hiei said dryly. “Yeah. Before I change my mind.” Hiei was the first to strike leaving a small cut on Kurama’s cheek as Kurama was able to dodge the on coming assault with an counterattack that struck Hiei on his right side leaving a small gash and a stained blood spotted carpet behind. Hiei noticed the blood dripping from his side and wiped it off with the heel of his hand. Kurama smiled at the sight and decided he wanted to see more of that so he quickly launched again given Hiei no time to react. In an instant Hiei found himself on the floor covered in scraps from the deadly thorns that encircled the rose whip. Blood poured through the tattered black clothing but that wasn’t going to stop Hiei from fighting. He would die before giving up.

After standing to his feet, Hiei leapt forward with his katana and struck Kurama directly in the stomach not caring if he hit any vital points or not as long as he got the sword through him. Kurama, being a natural born spirit fox, was able to quickly dodge the katana where it only struck skin and blood. Hiei smiled evilly and pulled the sword out watching the blood drip from its metal blade.

Rain continued to pour and lighting continued to shine through the bedroom window like a spot light being cast upon the fighting lovers. Thunder acted like a sound affect as each took blow after blow from the other.

“Hn. Is that all you got Kurama? You’re to worthless to be once called the murderess killer.” Hiei informed the half ningen Yoko. “And your to heartless to be anything but a low down coward.” Kurama returned. “Oh. Then why do you love me so much?” Kurama turned up his nose in disgust and continued the fight. Rose petals sprawled out onto the tan rugged floor as Kurama called on his shield, *Petals and Thorns!* Anyone who dared to get near it would be sliced in two by the thorns sharp points and the petals razor like edges. Hiei, being the brave warrior that he is, dove right into the petals and thorns getting scratched up all the more as he came closer to reaching Kurama. Realizing the shield wasn’t holding Hiei back Kurama brought it down and swung his rose whip back at him. Hiei was able to dodge the attack and place a deep cut within the back of Kurama’s neck. Kurama let out a cry of pain but still continued to fight as the blood poured down the back of his smooth silky white skin. “You will die before my blood runs out Hiei.” Kurama protested. “We’ll have to put that to the test then want we kitsune?” Hiei grinned with the thought of the blood stained body lying on the once tan floor.

Being as fast as Hiei is, Hiei was able to catch Kurama off guard and sink his ivory fangs into Kurama’s neck as far down as they would go. Kurama let out a horse wale a pulled Hiei off slinging the fragile body against the bedroom door. Dazed after the initiating shock, Hiei was able to get back to his feet and slice Kurama left from right. On the arms, shoulders, neck, face, anywhere he could attack he’d attack. Kurama, getting very agitated with the small youkai, quickly stole the sword from Hiei’s hands and commanded the rose bush he had planted within then the outside of his bedroom window to draw its thorny vines in and captured Hiei within them. Obeying Kurama’s commanded the vines encircled Hiei then dug themselves deep within the white flesh making blood sprawl out onto the floor.

Hiei let out a painful cry as he stared up at Kurama not able to move his head in fear of the thorns digging themselves deep within his neck and face.

“So tell me Hiei. How does it feel not to be able to dodge any of my attacks? I’m sure my *GIRLFRIEND* would of loved to see this. You in chains for a change.” Kurama asked Hiei as he licked the blood off Hiei’s katana after swiftly slicing the fire youkai nearly in half while Hiei was trapped within the vines of the rose bush. “I didn’t think you had it in you to kill something you loved Kurama. Guess you proved me wrong huh?” Hiei exclaimed in an almost pain crying voice. Kurama only smiled showing no regard to what Hiei said let alone his life. Hiei grinned evilly then yelped as one of the thorns struck through his sensitive neck. “You like the pain Hiei? I’m sure my lover would have wanted revenge on you anyway so I took care of that for her.” Kurama smiled licking his lips. “Then I’ll let her know who killed me when I see he in Makai!” Hiei yelled. “On the conch air. She was a pure ningen. Unlike you and I she was a pure innocent young girl free of any vile acts and will be in the ReiKai (Spiritual world) instead of in Makai with the likes of you.” Kurama snarled. Hiei laid back in the thorny vines like it was a cozy chair and smiled. “Well, in any case you got your revenge now go ahead and finish me.” Hiei ordered. Kurama paused for what seemed like hours then spoke softly. “You truly surprise me Hiei.” Hiei blinked up at Kurama with a confused expression laid upon his face. “Do you honestly think I would kill you after what we’ve been through together?” “Uh huh.”

“Hiei, this whole act was to scare you and believe me I really got to you. I could never kill something or anyone that I loved so much. To tell you the honest truth I didn’t even like that girl and was glad you came back and killed her.” “Then why did you attack me?” Kurama laughed. “To see who would win and looks like I still got the upper hand on you.” Hiei growled. Kurama laughed to himself intending to bringing the small youkai down from the thorny vines but something within him triggered a change. The Yoko form that had lied dormant since the tournament in Makai was now breaking free. Kurama couldn’t control what was coming next as the Yoko part of him ordered the vines to tighten their grip around Hiei’s tiny body.

With a brilliant flash of lightening cascading down on the lovers and thunder echoing in the background, Hiei let out a most horrifying cry and collapsed into the thorns below him. His blood was slung all over the floor and walls of the bedroom as the thorns shook themselves off and retreated back into the thunderstorm. When Kurama awoke from the take over the storm was just clearing and the body of his lover was laid out amongst the once tanned floor that was now covered in bright red blood from both him and Hiei. Kurama slowly rose up and fell beside Hiei, jaded eyes releasing tears of forgiveness as he held the small form in his arms letting the blood soak through his school uniform. Kurama looked down at the expression left on his lovers face both frightened and scared. He noticed a small tear resting on the ice cold face and slowly whipped it away with his thumb. “I’m so sorry Hiei. I couldn’t control myself. I didn’t won’t to hurt you.” Kurama protested. “He just sort of took over.” I couldn’t stop him no matter how hard I fault.” Hiei slowly cracked an eye and smiled as much as he could. “You fool you wanted me dead that’s why it happened. Yo…you couldn’t help but enjoy the blood and violence brought before your eyes that you released a more powerful you to finish the job. Thus bought Yoko to the surface. Now if you don’t mind…I woul…would like to die in peace.” Hiei’s eyes closed and his body descended into a soulless frame. Kurama knew deep down it was the truth. He wanted Hiei dead in some form or matter. On knowing Yoko could be released without any warning…Kurama summoned the last bit of spirit energy he had left to let his rose bush poison him with the same spiky thorns that killed his lover. Now he to could know what Hiei felt in his last moments of life. The vines retracted their thorns from his body and Kurama fell beside his lover in a pool of blood. The sun finally showed through the light gray sky and beamed down on the scorn lovers. The rainy day roses had melted away into a beautiful sunny afternoon in NingenKai.

OWARI