Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Retribution ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- YuYu Hakusho does NOT belong to me. The only characters I own in this story are Meleena and Kamirue, and they don't come in until later.

A/N - Okay, this crazy story line has been running around in my head for the past month or so, just begging to be put down on paper. So, here is the first chapter. I don't know if I'm actually going to follow through with it, since I'm working on two other stories at the moment, but…..we'll see.

Description - Koenma has finally went too far, and made the one person who could interfere with his marriage to Botan, madder than all the demons in Makai. Couple that with an outbreak of an unknown disease that is killing the people of Spirit World , the demons in Makai, and slowly making it's way to the living world, and you've got more problems than even Koenma can or wants to deal with!

------------------------------------------------------------------ -----

Retribution

Prologue

Koenma rubbed his head in aggravation as he eyed the mounds of paperwork in front of him. Things had slowly been backing up for the past few days, and the demi-god was growing more and more agitated as the seconds passed. Now, even when he was in his older form, he wished his father had not decided to go on some ridiculous six month vacation and leave him to look after everything that happened in the three worlds. He might look older in this form, but his patience with endless amounts of paperwork was still short!

"Koenma-sir!" came a slightly panicked voice from the doorway. The Spirit World ruler looked up and saw Jorge running through the double doors and into his office, pulling a flustered -if somewhat mangled looking- crow demon behind him. Koenma quickly recognized the badly beaten form of the demon as one of his operatives he had sent to Makai to investigate the progress on a case about four months before hand. His name was Carion, and he had been sending status reports back on two of Koenma's other detectives. "Koenma-sir!"

"What is it, Jorge?" the older Koenma asked quickly, dropping the paperwork he had just reached for. "What are you doing back here, Carion? Where's Meleena and Blaize?" Jorge pulled out a chair for the badly wounded demon and plunked him in it. The demon man was beaten and bruised badly, with scratches and cuts all over his face and hands. His black hair was matted with dirt and grime, and Koenma could see the blood dripping from some of the more major wounds.

"Lord Koenma….." the demon rasped. "They found out….about Meleena."

"What?!!!" Koenma screamed, standing up from his desk and planting a hand on each side of it to lean over towards the bird demon. His heart started pounding in fear, wondering what could have happened to put the demon in front of him in such a state of disarray. "Where is she now?!"

"They've restrained….her as a slave within…the camp." Carion said, trying to catch his breath. "Put bands on her…arms and legs…to stop her…control."

"And Blaize?" he asked quickly.

"Dead." Carion answered simply. Koenma's heart sank when he heard the news. Blaize dead, and Meleena captured and not able to get out. Things were not looking good for the ruler, especially when Meleena found out the person dearest to her heart was dead

"I tried, my Lord." Carion said, turning his eyes to Koenma. "I tried to get in to her….but they found me."

"You done well, Carion." Koenma said absently, his mind running through ways to fix this problem.

"I….tried…." the demon started to say, but passed out and slumped down into the chair he had been sitting in.

"Jorge, take him to a room to be treated, then find Botan and have her gather Yusuke and the others immediately." Koenma said, shutting his eyes in sadness. "Tell her to get Jin and Touya as well." The blue ogre nodded and picked up the unconscious form of Carion, taking him out of the room.

Koenma sat back down in his chair and shook his head before taking some calming breaths. This was going to get dirty, and soon. And whether Yusuke and the others knew it or not, the mission he was about to send them on would be the most important one yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - Well, that's the beginning. I know it's short, but there is another chapter for you guys to read. Hope you enjoyed.

And please remember to review. Since this is my first YuYu Hakusho fanfic, I'd like to know how I'm doing, and whether the characters seem to out of character.

Later,

A.A.

9/3/04