Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story 2 - Dark Tears ❯ A Day to Remember ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Riazen's Story 2 - Dark Tears
Chapter 8
A Day to Remember
 
 
 
Yusuke whirled around to see a tall, dark man behind him. He had long silver hair and gold eyes like all of the other demons. He wore black pants and a black jacket over a white T-shirt.
“Who are you?” he asked in a deep voice. Yusuke didn't know what to say, `I'm a half-breed who used to hunt down your fellow demons for Koenma, but don't worry, I'm good now!' No, that defiantly wouldn't work. Before he could speak Youko said in a calm, bold voice,
“Don't worry, he's with me,” with that said everybody when back to chattering and laughing as if nothing had happened and the man slipped back into the shadows. A young man approached them. He had blonde hair with his bangs slicked back and the back messy. His big blue eyes with hints of gray shined mysteriously as he strode towards them. He wore a black, sleeveless shirt and black pants with dozens of zipper pockets in them. He had black wristbands with silver Japanese symbols on them, the one on his right had `Life' on it and the one on his left wrist had `Re-birth'. Almost immediately Youko jumped up and hugged the boy, which was a lot shorter than him, maybe up to Youko's chest. Once they pulled apart Youko cried,
“Solo! It's so good to see you!” The boy now recognized as Solo grinned.
“Wow! You've changed Youko, your nothin' of the little runt we picked up off the street,” Solo said; his voice was a little high, but still completely boyish. It had a rough hint to it, defiantly not a guy you'd want to mess with. There was a sword slung at his side. It had a black hilt with a crimson ribbon wrapped around it, the blade was spotless and shinning brilliantly, he obviously wasn't a fox demon, so why was he here?
“But,” Youko's eyes saddened. “How did you survive?”
“Eh, once we heard news of you really being able to escape all `e others started to take `eir chances, I was one of they few who got out,” replied Solo.
“And…the others?” Solo shook his head sadly.
“Oh, Solo, this is Yusuke, Yusuke, Solo,” said Youko, trying to change the subject.
“Hey, man,” said Solo shaking Yusuke's hand, but squeezed it a little hard making Yusuke wince in pain.
“Sorry `bout that,” the other boy grinned. “ `M still not quite used to shaking hands, back on Demon Plane we never shook hands, `s I just learned last week.” Yusuke nodded in understanding, and within the hour him and Solo were officially buddies, they of course, hit it off right away. It was hard not to like Solo; he was a funny, cool, nice, sensitive guy who always looked on the bright side, although his English needed improving, but Yusuke didn't say anything about it.
“So it's hard,” said Yusuke, Youko had gone off to talk to some other people and Yusuke was talking with Solo. “I mean I feel kind of embarrassed when I see all these demons with magnificent powers and me with a Spirit Gun.”
“`Ey, just `cause you ain't the sharpest sword in the Dojo don't mean you can't win a battle. You won all those tournaments, could any demon do that? You got real good powers, you probably have more `jst haven' realized it yet,” replied Solo, ginning as usual. All the sudden everybody stopped talking again, and a couple demons walked up and created a roaring fire in the middle. The man they had previously encountered with stood over the flame, his hands outstretched.
“Brothers, Sisters,” his voice was low and sturdy. “To day we have joined together once again to be reminded that we are not as alone as it seems. I know we are going through a hard time but we must embrace the situation and stand strong.” Everybody cheered.
“So,” he interrupted. “Let us forget our problems for a moment, and let the feast begin!”