Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow Of The Night ❯ Posion and Old Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
SliverInusasha: Yo! This is the 2nd chapter to Shadow of the Night.

Hiei: Hn baka!
SliverInusasha: Hey you can only call me baka for no reason on tuesdays and fridays and does it look like a Friday to you I don't think so.

Hiei: Hn I don't need a reason on a day that I can call you a baka for no reason because your a baka everyday.

SliverInusasha: O.o uhh right....sure!! That made no sense at all.

Hiei: Of course it didn't. I had to test that peanut shell you call your brain.

SliverInusasha: Why you little!! Get your ass back here!!

Yusuke: Hahahahahahahaha the authoress got dissed. Hahahahahaa

SliverInusasha: And what is so funny Yusuke? Are you laughing at what has yet to come to your pathetic life? Or is it that Kuwabara beat you in a fight and you need some confidence from laughing at people? Hmm.

Yusuke: Hahahaha HEY!! Kuwabara DID NOT BEAT ME IN A FIGHT!!

SliverInusasha: Could've fooled me!

SliverInusasha: That's it your going down.

SliverInusasha: Dodges his attack and kicks him square in the face.

Hiei & Kurama: Eating a bag of popcorn when I come over, sit down and snatch the bag from them and starts eating.

SliverInusasha: So when do you think he'll notice he's fighting himself?

Hiei: In about 5.3 seconds.

SliverInusasha: Hey where'd you get the shiny watch?

SliverInusasha: Oh no! SHINY!!

SliverInusasha: Now I'm scared. Grabs Hiei's sleeve.

Hiei: We might want to run!

SliverInusasha:Yea. All of a sudden Yoko appears.

Yoko: Yeah I'm free!! SHINY!

SliverInusasha: Well to all you ppl out there toon in next time to see how this ends. R&R.

Yoko:SliverInusasha does not own yu yu hakusho but she does have a collection of shiny things. nn. SHINY!!

SliverInusasha& Hiei: AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the yu yu gang

They had just made it up to Genkai's and Kasumi was becoming worse by the second. She was turning purple from the poison and she had a raging fever.

Yusuke, "Hold on Kasumi we're almost there."

She winced in pain from the sudden movement of her thigh. Rushing into the temple they soon spotted Yukina, Botan, and Genkai sitting down and sipping tea.

Kuwabara, "Help we need you guys to heal Kasumi..."

They barely understood a word he said.

Botan, "Okay Kuwabara deep breath. Now tell us what happened slowly."

Kuwabara, "The girl we are looking for is Kasumi and she got poisoned and we need your help."

He said pointing to the girl in Hiei's arms.

Yukina, "Oh no! Quickly we must get her to a room. I'll go get the bandages."

Botan, "I'll get the antibiotics."

Yukina and Botan ran out of the room and down the hall while the others went to the spare room. Kasumi was moaning more loudly and she bent over the bed and coughed up blood. A lot of blood.

Kurama, "She's worse then I feared."

Yusuke, "What?What's wrong?"

Kurama, "The poison has begun to take it's full affect."

Kuwabara, "Wh-

Then Botan and Yukina came through the door.

Yukina, "Let me see her wound."

Hiei removed the peice of his cloak he used to stop the blood flow to reveal a gruesome gash that grew a fraction of an inch larger and was still growing. {That isn't very big but bare with me I had to come up with sumthin'}Yusuke and Kuwabara looked like they were about to throw up as Kasumi coughed up more blood.

Her breathing was becoming more heavy with every breath she took, until she passed out. A stream of blood dripped down her chin to her neck.

Botan was cleaning the wound and wipping a special paste over the top. As soon as the paste completely absorbed into the cut Yukina began to concentrate on healing.

Yukina, "Well she should be fine for now I have done all I could to heal the wound but I'm not sure about the poison though."

Yusuke, "So that sticky stuff wasn't the antidote?"

Botan, "No that was just some special medicine to stop the poison for some time so we could find a proper antidote."

Yusuke, "Oh!!"

Botan, "Well I better go tell Koenma about this. Bye-bye! And watch out for Kasumi."

Kurama, "All right I need someone to stay with Kasumi for the night now who is willing to do the job."

Kuwabara, "Oh pick me pick me!!"

Yusuke, "I don't know Kuwabara you saw the look she gave you when you got slapped remember?Besides I wouldn't think she would be to happy to know you were in her room."

Kuwabara, "Well I don't think she'd be any happier with you Urimeshi."

Yusuke, "Your right theres no way I want to get slapped."

Both the boy's looked to Kurama.

Kurama, "I wont be able to I will be searching for an antidote. Which leaves us to..."

He turned to Hiei.

Kurama, "Hiei how bout you watch Kasumi?"

Hiei, "No! I'm not going to watch some weak onna."

Yusuke, "Your all we have left. So there. Either that or go to spirit world jail for letting our mission get killed."

Hiei really didn't want to have to watch her but another part of him was screaming with joy.

Hiei, 'Why do I feel this way? I cant possibly have feelings for this onna. No I know I don't stupid human emotions. There making me soft.'

Kurama, "Hiei? Hiei are you listening?"

Being caught out of his daze he replied.

Hiei, "What is it fox boy?"

Kurama, "I asked so will you watch Kasumi or not?"

Hiei, "Hn fine! But you owe me."

Yusuke, "Great now that that's all figured out we should go look up for those ingredients."

Kuwabara, "I still don't see why shrimp get's to watch the pretty lady."

Yusuke, "We already went through this stupid."

Kurama, "Have fun Hiei."

Hiei, "Hn."

He then pulled up a chair and was watching Kasumi's chest rise up and down. He never knew she could look so beautiful just lying there . Her midnight silky black hair was hanging over the side of the pillow some strands managed to shadow over her her face. When he reached up to move the strands his fingers brushed against her cheeck. Silky, creamy skin that lit up every time light shinned through the open window. Hiei found himself blushing, but he had no idea why.

Hiei, 'Why do I feel this way? Now I know it's those stupid ningens faullts. Making me turn soft. I used to be a ruthless killer not a person who goes all googly eyed over baka onna.'

<It's because your beginning to like her.>

Hiei, 'Who are you? Show yourself.'

<You baka i'm your inner consciounce.>

Hiei, 'Wait did you just call me a baka?'

<No you called yourself one.>

Hiei, 'Why I otta...'

<You can't do anything about it cause I'm you stupid.>

Hiei, 'Cut that out.'

<Cut what out? I'm not doing anything.>

Hiei, 'GRRR!'

<Oh did I hit a soft spot?>

Hiei, 'Aw shutup.'

<Just remember what I said.>

Hiei, 'You didn't say anything.'

<Hey hey hey no need to shout sheesh. Just because you think love makes you weak doesn't mean that it does it actually makes you stronger.>

Hiei, 'Ha you read in to much with emotions. You could easily pass off as the fox.'

<Just remember sometimes they aren't what they seem.>

Hiei, 'What?'

<What they seem...>

Hiei was beyond pissed he couldn't even understand what his other self was trying to tell him. Or he just chose not to listen.

Kasumi, "Mmmm."

Kasumi was twisting and turning in her sleep. Obviously the cause of a nightmare. Not to mention the excruciating pain she was in. Hiei watched silently looking for an answer to why she was causeing so much movement while sleeping. That's when it hit him. His Jagan. He quickly removed his bandana as his Jagan began to open. He then placed his hand on Kasumi's forehead.

{D}{R}{E}{A}{M}{L}{A}{N}{D}

Kasumi was watching old memories of her childhood when a familiar memory flashed before her eyes.

A younger version of Kasumi was walking in a meadow with her mother. The woman had long black hair that reached to the floor and she was fairly tall about a little bit shorter then Kurama at least. Last were her stunning green eyes. They sparkled whenever the sunlight hit them sending off an unearthly glow. Kasumi was picking wild flowers and making them into a crown.

Little Kasumi, "Mama look isn't pretty?"

She ran up to her mother, waving the red and yellow flower crown in the air.

Mother, "Yes it's very pretty Kasumi."

Hiei soon found himself in the middle of her dream.

Hiei, 'Hmm that onna must be her mother. She's very beautiful I can see where Kasumi get's it from. No stop thinking like that Hiei now is not the time.'

He was watching as the rest of her memory played out.

Little Kasumi was running around happily and was laughing.

Little Kasumi, "Mama where's daddy?"

Mother, "He won't be back for a while he's with your brother Kohaku remember?"

Little Kasumi, "Oh ok."

She then went back to frolicking through the field. As her mother was watching her. Moments later her father, a young man {if you want to put it that way} with short silverish-black hair and deep sapphire eyes walked into the clearing soon followed by a younger boy the same age as Kasumi. Also known as her brother Kohaku. He had short silver hair and had inherited they're mothers green eyes. He ran up to Kasumi and they started playing tag.

Just then a loud crash was heard followed by a large explosion as a horde of demons began attacking. Kasumi's mother then grabbed onto Kasumi's hand as she began running for safety.

Hiei just watched as they ran away leaving Kasumi's father and little brother Kohaku. All the demons they fought were weak and were on the ground lying in their own blood. Hiei smirked at the demons pathetic tries to kill the two. But unknown to them there was another in the shadows.

Kasumi and her mother continued on running. That was until the shadow sliced a sword through Kasumi's mother's back.

Mother, "Run Kasumi!"

Little Kasumi, "I don't want to leave you mama."

Mother, "Now Kasumi run."

Shadow, "Yes listen to your mother child."

Little Kasumi, "Screw you pal!"

She then fired what looked like a ball of lightning at the shadow. It winced in pain as it hit the ground.

Little Kasumi, "C'mon mama ."

She helped her mother up and they began to run again. The shadow still hot on their tails.

Hiei ran in the direction of which he saw Kasumi and her mother run off to when he found them running from what appeared to be a man in a white baboon skin. {Sound familiar?} He was chaising them till Kasumi's mother pushed her daughter forward.

Little Kasumi, "Mama why'd we stop?"

Mother, "Go Kasumi. Run away from here. Let me handle him."

Little Kasumi, "Bu mama?"

Mother, "Now!"

Kasumi quickly got off from the ground and headed off in the other direction. Leaving her mother to fight the mysterious man.

On the other side of the forest Kohaku and his father were still fighting the many hordes of demons.

Kohaku, "Father! Why wont they stop? They just keep on comin'"

Sano, "I don't know Kohaku."

Just then he felt a familiar energy.

Sano, "I have a feeling we weren't the target."

Kohaku, "What do you mean father?"

They were fighting the giants out of the demons. A giant praying mantes to be exact. It tried to catch them off guard but soon disintegrated from a blast of lightning.

Sano, "Kohaku? Your mother and sister are in help we must help them understand? We cant let whatever is after them get Kasumi."

Kohaku, "I understand father."

And with that they set off in the direction they felt the energy coming from. Kasumi's mother had unsheathed a katana she had hidden in her kimono. The handle was black and had a silver dragon with all the colors that represented the elements. Red, fire, blue, water, green, earth, and clear, air. All encrusted in the hilt of the katana, the blade itself was a magnificent sight to behold shining silver caught the rays of the sun and reflected them into the eyes of the shadowed man.

Shadow, "AAHH!"

He was trying to block the light out of his eyes but to no avail. He jumped out of the way and came charging for the woman.

Shadow, "I must have it! The jewel of the four elements."

Mother, "Well your not getting it!"

She too came charging. Steal against steal. He had managed to slice her shoulder but she did not flinch nor blink as he brought his blade to her side. Infact she didn't seem to feel the pain. But what she did not know was the hidden poisoned dagger beneath the baboon pelt. He stabbed her in the wound he made recently in her back with the dagger.

Shadow, "Now! Tell me where you've hidden it?"

Mother, "Hidden what? I know nothing of which you speak."

Shadow, "Do not play games woman now where is the Jewel of the Four Elements?"

Mother, "You'll have to kill me before I go telling you...Naraku."

Naraku, "Oh so you knew it was me all along? Well I guess i'll just have to make you tell me. I need something dear to you what say? Your daughter Kasumi?"

Mother, "I swear you lay one hand on her you'll wish you were already in hell."

Naraku, "Angry are we now. Then I already have what I need to do."

He sped off heading in the direction Kasumi had ran to. When Sano came into the clearing.

Sano, "Tomoe!"

He bent down to his wife.

Sano, "Who did this to you?"

Tomoe, "Naraku. Quick we must go he's after Kasumi he's going to kill her."

Sano, "What! Then we must hurry. Kohaku should be with his sister by now."

He picked Tomoe up bridal-style and ran as fast as he could to find Kasumi.

Kasumi on the other hand was becoming tired by the second. Hiei was keeping his eyes on the weakining child. That's when he spotted a man in a baboon pelt. He unsheathed his katana preparing to fight when he remembered this was all a dream. All he could do was stand there. Right when Naraku was about to bring his sword down on the poor childs back Kohaku ran in front and blocked it. In return him being slashed instead. A look of pure fright crossed her features as she saw her brother covered in blood.

Kohaku, "Sis we have to go w-

He was about to finish when Naraku was preparing to strike down but was pushed out of the way by they're father. He unsheated his sword and got into a fighting stance. Naraku was up and got into his own fighting stance as the others sat and watched.

Sano, "Quickly all of you go while you still can."

Tomoe got to her feet and lifted the two up and began running. She looked back at her husband fight she thought, 'be strong!' She quickened her pace.

Sano was buisy fighting Naraku slash after slash. They both had miner cuts but nothing too serious. Yet...what seemed like hours the two battled. Now revealing deep gashes on there arms and sides.

Sano, "Give up Naraku! You know you can't beat me."

Naraku, "Your probably right but i've changed since the last time we fought. I have become stronger. I am not the Naraku I was years ago infact I have gained power by at least 15 times.

{crapy I know but it's really late and I had to type Kasumi's past thing.}

Sano, "I see no point in why you are telling me this since your going to die."

He then was charging at Naraku at full speed. Preparing to strike down Naraku pulled out scycle. {you know what sango has in inuyasha that blade thing with the chain. } Naraku cut right through Sano's chest and out his back. Dropping the Sano's body to the ground Naraku smirked.

Naraku, "Enjoy the after life! Oh and don't worry your precious family will be joing you very soon."

Naraku then was running off. Tomoe and her childrean were sitting next to the river while Tomoe was healing her sons wound.

Tomoe, "There you should be ok now Kohaku."

Kohaku, "Thanks mother."

Kasumi noticed the look on her mothers face.

Little Kasumi, "What's wrong mama is it daddy?"

Her mother did not reply. For she was praying that her husband was still alive. When she saw Naraku she stood protectively in front of her children.

Naraku, "Have you decided on telling me where you hid the jewel or do I need to find out through force?"

He said this all with a smirk already knowing her choice. Tomoe looked at Naraku's pelt and noticed blood splattered all over the front. She knew it was not his blood but her husbands.

Tomoe, "What have you done with Sano?"

Naraku, "Aw yes the pathetic fool. He died. Cut open from the inside out. He apparently misjudged me and paid dearly for his mistake."

Kasumi was trying to hold back her tears. But as soon as one fell along came the others. Her brother had a look of sadness on his face but he dared not cry. Tomoe on the other hand was crying.

Tomoe, "How could you kill him?"

Naraku, "He was just one of the many obstacles in my search of obtaining the jewel. You shall be next."

He charged at her as she motioned for her children to run. But they did not move.

Tomoe, "Go! Don't just stand there!"

Kohaku, "But mother we cant."

He pointed to the blue light coming from Kasumi's kimono. The Jewel of the Four Elements has awoken and had caused them to remain paralyzed.

Naraku, "So the girl has had it all along. Then you are not my target she is."

But before he could attack Tomoe sent one of her energy balls straight for his back. He screamed in pain as it had reopened one of his wounds from the fight earlier. Giving time for her children to run. But where to they were at the edge of the waterfall.

Naraku, "You shall pay for that onna!"

Tomoe, "I wont let you hurt them!"

Naraku was about to strike down on Kasumi and Kohaku when their mother got in the way. Taking the blow at full force it caused her to knock the two over the waterfall.

Kasumi & Kohaku, "Mama!!!"

They fell til they could no longer see the ledge that they had fallen off. Only the voice of Naraku's words could be heard, "I will get my hands on the jewel just you wait Kasumi." Their mother's lifeless body crashing into the salty water. Kohaku had managed to swim to a rock but the current was pulling them too fast. Kasumi had already passed out and was being carried by the rivers swift movements. Kasumi drifted towards the shore. She opened her eyes hoping to see her brother there but he wasn't. She tried to situp but only fell back down. Closing her eyes she let the tears fall as she drifted into unconsciousness.

A giant wolf known as Moro was walking through the forest when she got the scent of blood. She followed the sent til she came upon the sleeping form of a young girl. She bent her head down as she tried to wake the sleeping girl but she only turned on her side revealing a large gash from one of the rocks.

Moro, "Hmm."

She looked more closely at the girl and that's when she saw it the Jewel of the Four Elements. She was shocked that this young girl carried suck a jewel. Especially one of that power. She picked up the girl by her teeth and was carrying her into the forest. That's when everything went black...

{O}{U}{T}{O}{F}{D}{R}{E}{A}{M}{L}{A}{N}{D}

Hiei was taken back at Kasumi's past. He never would have realized how much pain she endured all for a jewel. He then noticed a stream of blue tears fall from her eyes causing her pillow to freeze into ice. He wipped away the remaining tears as what happened to the pillow his hand began to freeze.

Hiei, 'What is she?'

He turned away from Kasumi and jumped on the ledge of the windowsil looking up at the midnight sky. Stars decorated the sky and they appeared to be winking at him. He sighed he would have to ask her about it tomorrow.

SliverInusasha: Ohh O.O a cliffy! Just kidding!

Hiei: You are a baka.

SliverInusasha: Hey I don't try to be so don't give me any of that shit!!

Hiei: Are you aware that you are screaming?

SliverInusasha: Oh I'm sorry!

Hiei: Yea you better be cause if you wake Yoko it will be all your fault if he deceides to kill us.

SliverInusasha: Aw he won't do that.

Hiei: Wanna bet?

SliverInusasha: No thankx anyway I am sorry if the dream thing was a little long but I had to type something about her past and it just seemed to be the right time...

Yusuke: Any who plz review!!

SliverInusasha &Yusuke: Sayonara!!

Hiei: You bakas you've woken Yoko up.

Yoko: Shiny!! ::Sees my watch::

S.Y.H: Ahhhhhhh!!!