Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Soul On Fire ❯ Behind The Crimson Door ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I DO NOT OWN YU YU HAKUSHO
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Darkness… everywhere around her. It mattered neither if her eyes open or closed, for it was pitch black everywhere. A pinprick of light appeared in the distance. It grew closer and closer, until she was enveloped in light.
 
Yui Mayonaka opened her eyes, blinking furiously in the intense light. She was laying on something cold and hard, like stone. She had cuffs on her wrists and ankles, chaining her to the floor she lay on. Flashbacks of the previous night raced through her head. She had gone to a club and drank a little. While walking to her car she had been attacked from an alley by what she figured must have been a group of thugs, and now here she was laying on cold stone in what looked like a dungeon of some sort. As she realized this her head began pounding once more as she struggled against the chains. She looked down.
 
“Thank god… at least it doesn't look like they did anything…” She mutters. “Now… how to get out of here?” She mused aloud. She groped around in her pockets as best she could. There was a lighter, a couple safety pins, and a letter from her ex-boyfriend, Jayson. She lit the lighter for more light, because as her eyes had become accustomed to the light she had realized it was one torch in front of the cell.
 
“Isn't that a great site to open your eyes to…” She muttered sarcastically, shoving aside bones she had been laying near. “Dammit… nothing here.” A soft sob made her jerk her head around. A small girl was sitting chained to a wall three feet away. She had dirty blond pigtails. Tears were streaming down her face, so Yui couldn't see her eyes. She watched Yui closely.
 
“Hey, are you alright?” Yui asks cautiously. The girl hiccups and scurries as far back as possible., revealing a wound on her thigh. “Hey wait, I'm not gonna hurt you. Come here and let me look at that wound.” She says, motioning forward.
The girl hesitates but slowly approaches Yui. Yui lifts the girls skirt a little to see the wound properly.
 
“It's pretty deep, do you know when you got it?” She asks the girl. The girl shakes her head violently. “Alright, well we've gotta stop the bleeding.” She says. She looks around one more time and finds nothing to wrap the wound in. She rips off the bottom part of her shirt and ties it securely around the girls leg.
 
“M-my names Soi.” The girl says.
 
“Hello Soi, I'm Yui. How old are you?” She asks.
 
“Five. I was brought here yesterday when they attacked my family.” Soi replies.
 
“They? Who?” Yui asks, getting angrier by the minute.
 
“The fire demon tribe that lives here. They attacked my family when my mommy tried to stop them from stealing all our stuff. They took me when they couldn't beat my mommy.” Soi's eyes begin watering again.
 
“Hey don't cry, we'll get out of here. I'm sure your family is just fine.” Yui says comfortingly. “I won't let those bastards lay a hand on you.” She promises.
 
“Thank you.” Soi says, smiling through her tear streaked face. Yui smiles back.
 
Loud footsteps approach and before Yui and Soi there is a short, fat man with narrow black eyes and a bald head.
 
“I see you're awake.” He sneers.
 
“Why the hell did you take me here?” You growl deeply,
 
“You mean your mother never told you?” He asks, glaring down at you. “Your father is the leader of our gang. He's the chief fire demon. Get up wench.” When Yui didn't move he shouted it again.
 
“Maybe if you got your fat head outta your ass you'd realize I'm chained to the floor.” Yui spat. The man raised a hand and the chains rattled before coming off.
 
“Now what to do with the child…” The man said. He smirked down at her. “I'll let the boys take care of you-“
 
“You touch one hair on her head and I'll murder you right here.” Yui growled, interpreting the smirk correctly.
 
“And how do you plan on doing that, wench?” He growled. “You forget, I have many years training under the great Bishamon (patron of warriors). And you don't even know what you are!” He sneered. “Now I am to take you to your father, Isamu.”
 
“Not without her.” Yui gestures at Soi. “Let her come with me and I will go.”
 
“You are in no position to make deals with me, wench.” The demon sneers. He goes to grab Yui's arm but she swings it around and gives him a right jab. Apparently she is stronger than she thought, because the demon goes flying.
The demon pulls himself to his feet, cursing. “Of course, I should have expected it, Isamu said her powers would have awoken while she slept.” He murmurs. “Fine. The girl can come.” He snaps. He unchains Soi and Soi runs over to Yui.
 
Yui takes Soi's hand and they follow the demon. He leads them up countless flights of stairs and down many twisting passages. Finally he stops in front of two large crimson doors.
 
“In there.” He says, shoving them into the room. It is much more brightly lit than any they had come across so far. Coins and gems litter the floor, and seated in a high chair at the back of the room is a man with long wild black hair and ice blue eyes. Yui turns around to find the demon in a deep bow on the floor. He pushes Yui and Soi closer. Isamu, for he is the man in the chair, walks closer. He lifts Yui's face up to meet his cold eyes.
 
“Yui… but then who is this?” He turns upon Soi. He goes to touch her and Yui pushes Soi back and steps in front of her with a glare on her face. Isamu looks taken aback.
 
“Don't you dare touch her.” Yui hisses.
 
“Excuse me?” Isamu says dangerously. “Do not presume to tell me what to do.”
 
“Who the hell do you think you are?! You think you can just take a child from her home because her family stopped you from robbing them? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?” Yui screams in his face. He slaps her.
 
“Do not raise your voice to me, you filthy half breed!” He roars.
 
“Don't you fucking touch me!” She yells, and punches him in the chest, sending him flying backwards. He is obviously stunned as he gets back up. “You even think about hurting me or Soi and I'll kill you where you stand, family or not.” She growls.
He moves toward her and she seemingly disappears. Next thing she is standing where he was a minute ago, and he is halfway across the room. She takes Soi up in her arms and dashes through the door. She runs down the hallway until she comes to a dead end with a window. She kicks the glass out and looks down. They are about five stories up. She looks behind her at the horde of fire demons advancing on them. She jumps. No matter what I have to protect Soi… I promised… She thinks as she feels herself land on the ground. She doesn't bother thinking about it, she just continues running.
“Yui stop it, you're bleeding.” Soi says, she is crying again.
 
“No, if we stop they'll get us. Where are we?” She asks. She had never seen this landscape before, and about a hundred miles off she could see something floating in the air.
 
“We're in the Makai. That's where I live.” Soi points to the floating object. “It's the Koorime Island. And I'm a Koorime.”
 
“Koorime?” Yui asks, puzzled.
 
“Ice demon.” Soi answers.
 
“Well don't worry. No matter what I'll get you home safely. I promise.” Yui answers. They have been running for a while now and she is running short on breath and she has a stitch in her side. She spots a cave not too far off. “We'll have to hide there for a while so I can catch my breath.” She tells Soi. She races into the cave without checking that it was safe. There is a fire burning softly and four men are asleep around it. She holds her finger to her lip, signaling for Soi to be very quiet. She sets Soi down gently and looks at herself.
 
Her camoflage pants are ripped to shreds up to the thigh, and her shirt has a good number of holes arcoss the back and the stomach area. Her black hair is really messy and she's got scratches from kicking out the window.
 
Soi on the other hand looked completely unharmed. A little dirty but other than that she was fine. The strip of shirt Yui had tied around her leg was still there and seemed to have worked. Yui collapsed onto a rock and Soi rushed over.
“Are you okay Yui?” She whispered.
 
“I'l be… ahh… I'll be fine.” She said, wincing as she examined her deepest wound, right up the side of her shin. “Bet running wasn't the best thing for that. But you, are you okay? How's your leg?”
 
“Oh it's a lot better now that you've stopped the bleeding.” Soi replied, smiling. Yui leans against the wall, wincing. She'd already lost a lot of blood. No… no I've gotta protect Soi… I cant pass out now… But unfortunately she does pass out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Jadie: Please let me know what you think. I'll try to update depending on how many people like it.