Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Switching Disaster ❯ Chapter I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, this is my FIRST Yu Yu Hakusho story. So I'm sorry if they are a little (Or a lot) out of character. I'm still trying to get used of writing with them. So enjoy and tell me what you think!

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho, SpongeBob, E-Bay, or an Invisible Boat Mobile (The last three you will have to read to figure out!)

~*~Chapter I~*~

"Doesn't anybody know what summer vacation is anymore?!" Yusuke Urameshi half-yelled, half-said out of frustration of being interrupted in the middle of his summer. He had almost broken a record: sleeping almost 12 hours.

"Yes, sleeping your life away is the perfect way to spend your summer, detective. But shouldn't you be training?" Hiei said, appearing suddenly for a second them disappearing again in a black blur. Leaves in the nearby trees rustle slightly, suggesting that was traveling by tree, rather than ground with everybody else.

"Exactly!" Yusuke said, grinning at the fact that somebody was agreeing with him. The group walked the dark-side of the city, taking a short-cut through the city park.

`I would never have came to you if this mission could have waited." Botan said, floating on her oar in her usual pink kimono. "It just so happens that Koenma decided to take his one week vacation this week."

"When did he leave?" Kuwabara asked, walking beside Yusuke who was looking a little bitter.

"Yesterday," Botan replied, steadying her oar as she dodged a tree branch. She was flying too high. "He'll be back at the end of the week. And for the time being, I'm looking over all of the cases that come in, seeing which ones are majorly important or ones that can waited til Koenma gets back." She explained, rising abit from running into a bush. She was flying too low.

"Can't you hold that thing steady?!" asked Kuwabara, getting slightly dizzy from watching Botan dodge plants.

Botan ignored him as she jumped off of her oar and made it disappear. She started walking with the group, waling by a silent Kurama, who was looking over a folder that held information about the mission. She peeked over his shoulder, not having already looked over the folder.

"What did they steal?" she asked, startling the kitsune. He jumped slightly, nearly dropping the folder.

He regained his posture and answered with "it doesn't say." He closed the folder and looked up from it.

"So how are we supposed to know what it is if it doesn't say?" Yusuke asked, turning around and started walking backwards, so he could face Kurama and Botan.

Kurama shrugged. "We'll just have to see"

Yusuke turned back around, his hands on the back of his head and sighed. "Great…and there went a valuable day of my summer vacation…"

~*~

The group walked up to an old, worn-out warehouse, not looking scary at all in the bright sun light. The rusted metal doors were tightly locked up with rusted chains and locks.

"Are you sure this is the place, Botan?!" Kuwabara asked, getting bad vibes from the warehouse than he would normally get from any other strong hold. Something was wrong.

"I'm positive this is the place!" Botan said, eyeing the chains and locks carefully. They looked like they would just fall off at the softest touch. "It said 631Plum Tree Lane. Right, Kurama?"

Kurama looked down on a piece of paper he was holding. He looked up and nodded his head. "This is the place…"

Yusuke shrugged and mumbled something about stupid old, creepy warehouses as he went to pull the chain off. He grabbed at it and tugged, thinking it was just going to fall off. It didn't.

Yusuke blinked questionably at the mis-leading chain and lock, then braced his foot against the door and tugged, leaning out backwards. His fingers slipped against the rusted metal and he fell backwards, bracing himself, only to be caught by Kuwabara, who roughly put Yusuke back onto his feet.

Yusuke muttered a thanks as Kuwabara stepped forward, ready to give a whack at breaking off the chain. "My turn, Urameshi!" he said with a confident smirk. He grabbed the chain and began pulling in the same fashion as Yusuke cept he didn't brace his foot against the door.

Five minutes later and the door was still tightly locked, leaving both Yusuke and Kuwabara sitting on the ground trying to come up with some new ideas.

Kurama and Botan stood off to the side, watching the two struggle with the door. They could both easily open the door but both thought it was about time they did something besides sleeping and playing video games all day and night.

Some leaves in a near-by tree rustled and a black blur appeared in front of the door, inspecting the chain. Kuwabara and Yusuke looked up, watching Hiei curiously. Hiei pulled out his sword, slicing it at a diagonal. The chain fell to the ground with the locks, cut in half.

"Fools…" Hiei muttered, kicking open the door and walking in, sheathing his sword.

"I was thinking of doing that!" Kuwabara said, walking in after Hiei.

"Right…" Yusuke said, walking in too with his hands stuffed deep into his pockets.

"What was that Urameshi!?" Kuwabara yelled, turning on his heel and holding a threatening fist in Yusuke's face.

"Nothing!" Yusuke said, putting his hands up in the air defensively.

"BOYS! Quit with the fighting already!?" Botan said, ending their almost starting argument whether Yusuke had said something or not.

The two stopped the beginning of their fight and continued on walking. The warehouse, inside, looked fairly new, with the only hint of the window being dirty and broken that it was old. It looked like it used to be an old shoe factory of some sort. Old shoes from years ago totally gave that factor away.

The lightning in the building was pretty dim, the only light coming from flickering lights high above their heads. The lights gave off eerie shadows as in trying to scare them. Those lights would have to try harder than that to scare the spirit detectives.

They continued walking til Hiei flinted off into the shadows, probably heading toward higher ground, to get the mission over with. They turned a corner and entered a little clearing off some sort made out of boxes and came across two arguing girls: One with dark red hair, the other with dark blue. They hid behind the boxes and tuned into the conversation. Hiei was on top of the box that they hid behind and did the same.

"I told you Rena!" said the red-head, slamming her fist onto a box. "I don't know how it works!"

"What do you mean you don't know how to work it, Andrea?!" yelled the blue one-Rena was her name-, looking angrily at her companion. "You're the one who stole it!"

"I know!" yelled the red-head-Andrea. "But it was so shiny! I couldn't help myself!"

"So you stole a worthless piece of crap?!" Rena asked, picking up the item that they were arguing over. It was the size of a cd, but shaped like a box and much thicker than a cd. It was a bright metallic silver color that blinded you if you put it in direct light-even dim light.

"Nooooo…" Andrea's voice trailed off as she put her hands behind her back. "How can it be a piece of crap if it was heavily guarded and I almost lost MY LIFE TO GET IT!?" she finished by yelling angrily at her blue-headed friend.

"Heavily guarded, you say?" Rena said thoughtfully, turning the silver box carefully in her hands. "Maybe it is worth something…" She smirked.

"Alright!" Andrea said cheerfully, apparently getting what Rena meant. The spirit detectives didn't. She pointed her finger toward a garage type door. "To the INVISIBLE BOAT-MOBILE!" She ran off in that direction.

The Spirit Detectives sweatdropped.

Rena sweatdropped.

Andrea was a clueless lunatic. "Uhhhhh…Area…. We don't have an invisible boat-mobile…"

Andrea ignored her as she ran off toward the door.

"That's the last time I ever let you watch Sponge Bob…" Rena muttered as she went after her crazy friend. She grabbed Andrea by her shirt collar and dragged her to the box/table.

"Plan: We sell this thing on-" Rena began saying but was rudely interrupted with-

"E-BAY!" Andrea shouted, jumping up and pumping her arms in the air.

The Spirit Detectives sweatdropped again. Oh Brother.

"NO! NOT E-BAY!" Rena yelled, scaring her friend into silence. Andrea cowered as she ducked down under the box, gripping the box at the corners tightly.

Rena sighed "Idiot…" she muttered, turning her back to her shaking friend and began to walk away. She was almost out sight when she heard-

"Hey! Who are you?"

She turned around, seeing Andrea point at something or someone in the shadows.

"What are you-" she began, only to be hushed by Andrea.

"There are some people here!" she said excitedly, almost jumping for joy. Andrea was a simple-minded person.

Rena walked over, expecting it to Andrea's imagination going wild again, when she saw the shadows move and quickly got into a fighting stance.

"Come out!" she commanded, her red eyes darting around carefully.

Yusuke, Kuwabara and Kurama walked out of the shadows; Hiei jumped off of his perch on the box above.

"Hey! I know you!" Andrea said excitedly, pointing at Yusuke who blinked questionably at her. "You're Yusuke Urameshi! The most hated person in Demon World! Everybody wants to kill you!"

"Andrea! SHUT UP!" Rena yelled, forgetting about her fighting stance.

"But it is the truth though! And you said to always tell the truth!" Andrea yelled back, crossing her confidently.

"I hate when you do that!" Rena said, turning back to Yusuke. "You need to forgive her…She's a little not right in the head…" Rena hung her head down in shame.

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!" Andrea yelled angrily, getting ready to beat her friend across the head.

Rena looked up. "IT IS TOO!" She shot back angrily. The two started bickering angrily at each other, forgetting about Yusuke being there and the silver metallic box on the table/box.

"How about we just the stupid item and get out of here?" Yusuke suggested a huge sweatdropp on his head. Everybody else nodded in agreement.

Kurama walked over to the box, passing unnoticed by the two arguing females and pick up the item, grasping it tightly in his hand. He walked back over to everybody else and proceeded to leave the warehouse.

But he really didn't go by unnoticed. They almost reached the door when a shout reached their ears.

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!" Andrea yelled, holding what looked like a water gun at them. "HAND OVER THE BOX THEIVES!"

"Who you calling a thief!?" Kuwabara yelled, raising his fist defensively. "You're the ones who stole it from us!"

Andrea lowered her gun. "We did?" she asked, a confused look on her face.

Everybody fell over anime style.

"YES ANDREA! WE DID!" Rena yelled, getting back up and getting in a pouncing stance. She lunged forward a grabbed the box in Kurama's hand, knocking him back onto the ground. She tugged at it, getting it loose in Kurama's hand. It slipped and she grabbed it, jumping up and running off, grabbing Andrea by the arm on the way.

"After them!" Yusuke yelled, taking after the two. Kuwabara, Kurama, and Hiei followed; Botan staying at the doors. They weren't going to get very far.

Rena let go of Andrea's arm and began fumbling with the box, trying to get it to do something. She it was like a rubix cube, you turned the sides to make something happen. She turned it a certain way and it began to flash different colors as in counting down.

She aimed it over her shoulder and heard the blast go off in her ear. She heard something heavy fall onto the ground; she smirked, one down, three to go.

She brought the cube back into her view until it started to do the same thing again and aimed it over her shoulder once more. She heard the fire go off and something not as heavy as before fall to the ground. She smirked once more, that was enough for now. She grabbed Andrea's arm and made their escape.

~*~

Yusuke and Kuwabara ran side-by-side after Rena and Andrea, close to catching up with them. Rena put the box over her shoulder, it flashing different colors. That was not good. A bright white laser shot out of the box and hit Kuwabara, knocking him to the ground.

Yusuke immediately stopped and bent by Kuwabara, making sure he was alive and not dead.

~*~

Hiei and Kurama ran ahead of Yusuke and Kuwabara, being the two fastest of the four. They watched as Rena shot a blast from the blast at Kuwabara and knocked him down. They would have to be careful.

They saw Rena pull the box back in front of her and fiddle with it even more. She put it over her shoulder once more and shot another blast, this time directly at Hiei.

The blast was too quick and sudden for Hiei to more out of the way quick enough and got hit, knocking him to the ground.

Kurama watched as Rena and Andrea escape then ran over to Hiei to make sure he was alright.

~*~

[Hiei's point of view]

"KUWABARA!"

I heard a voice reach my ears and I groggily opened my eyes. I suddenly felt taller. Hn. That was weird. Yusuke stood over me with a worried look on his face.

"Kuwabara!" he called once more. In the distance, I heard Kurama's voice calling my name. What the hell was going on? Had Yusuke and Kurama lost their minds?

"Hn. Baka ningen. I'm not the fool." I said, my voice sounding different. I sat up and looked around. When did I start wearing blue?!?

I looked over toward Kurama and saw myself. That is when it hit me. I was in Kuwabara's body.

We had switched bodies.

So…was it horrible or good? I have no idea where the idea came from. It just WHAM! Hit me! So tell me what you think in a lovely little review!