Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Terra- YYH style! ❯ ...Good-bye to our young god... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yarisha: I thought I'd trying something different. I saw the story `Terra' in the first Demon Dairy manga and I thought it would be cool if I did a story like that… YYH style!
 
Yasuo: As freaky the guys irl and me think this is. And no matter much we tell her not to, she is really going to write this.
 
Kuronue (Anthony irl) and Yusuke (Jin irl): Remember this story is written by two 13 year old girls who are twisted and have a LOT of time on their hands! Err… Enjoy?
 
Yarisha: Disclaimer Youko Kurama!
 
Youko: Disclaimer: Yarisha doesn't own YYH or any of their characters. They belong to their creators and etc. Yarisha makes no profit from this fic. In fact she's broke right now.
 
Yarisha: -_- Thanks. ^-^ Enjoy! Oh! Warnings! Some language! Ya know. Cursing. And such. Not to horrible it's not like that! ^-^ Just thought I should tell you! Tee Hee!
 
Keishin: Hope ya like it! (A.N: the other girl!)
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
So it begins…
 
 
“It all begins with history… It is said, that there is a being of great power. This being has the power to save the earth from the human's mistakes, but all at a horrible price. In order for this being's powers to be awaken he most be sacrificed. Spirit warriors and Magicians come from miles away to seal away this `god', as they call him. And receive the reward money. Although it is a cruel thing to do it must be done. If it is not… The whole world will suffer. And much more, if this being is sacrificed wrongly or dies, the world will die also.”
 
 
“Many things are at stake because of this being. But if this being is sacrificed man's mistakes like pollution and using up natural resources will be fixed. Even so, many humans have cursed this being. Saying that it is a waste of time to sacrifice it. They say it would be better to let it die. What they do not see, is that without our god we would not be.” Says the demon who begins the story of the young god.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
It was his first day to talk to the S.Ds in 5 years! They've been separated for so long, all because of their different works. The only S.D he's spoken to is Kazuma Kuwabara! He was so excited! He couldn't wait to see Hiei and Kurama!!! Opps! He's done it again. He's made himself transform into his Raver form. Oi, what he won't give to be able to control this little `power'. Yusuke jumped over his couch and sat down after grabbing his blue cordless phone. He dialed the Spirit World's main office number and waited as the phone rang on the other line. In case your wondering, Spirit World had just recently gained the intelligence to create phone that could reach over worlds. Convenient? Hell yeah!
 
 
He tapped his fingers on his coffee table to the tune of his favorite continues song. 3…2… and 1. “Hello, Spirit World main office. Merle, Bat Chimera (Sp?), is speaking. How may I help you?” You could hear the thousands of ogres running around with important papers screaming at each other and such in the back round. I think half those papers were from Demon World about the fact of security, or the lack of. “Hello, this Yusuke Urameshi the Spirit Detective. I was wondering if I could speak to…” He makes a face at the preferred name of his boss. “Lord Koenma about some, um, demon related issues.”
 
 
You could hear Koenma (a.k.a Binky Breathe) yelling about something related to his massive amount of paperwork. “Err…if he's not busy, that is.” Yusuke finished. The female bat replied steely and coolly as if she was bored. “He is not. You may speak with him. Hold please.” “Yes ma'am.” Yusuke heard her begin to shuffle around her desk on the other side of the phone. Then suddenly her voice was distant and far off. “Lord Koenma, Mr. Urameshi of the Spirit Detectives or S.Ds is on the phone. He says that he needs to speak to you about, I quote, `Demon related issues'.” Yusuke could practically hear her grinning behind her impassive mask! Koenma's voice came next, annoying as ever and muffled ever so slightly by his mafuuken.
 
 
“Demon related issues? … Oh! Tell him it'll be a minute, and that Kurama is here and he wishes to speak with him.” She probably bowed at this point, but right now Yusuke didn't care. Yusuke brown eyes widened to their limits when he head Kurama's name. Oh just so you know, right now they were all 20 in Human World years. Why would Kurama want to talk to him? Why the freak was Kurama in Spirit World anyway?? “Yes, Lord. Right away, sir.” At once the female demon, Merle's voice was back on the phone. “He said-,” “Yeah I heard. But I've changed my mind. Thanks, anyway.” “You're welcome, Mr. Urameshi.” He hung up the phone and set it on the coffee table. He turned to one of the mirrors near his door.
 
 
It was time to visit Spirit World again. This time… UNANNOCNED! He smirked slightly as he messed around with his black demon hair a little. He pulled on his white shirt and put a black belt on. The only tattoos you could see were on his face and lower arms. He took one last look into the mirror and smiled. “I don't look half-bad with long hair. Hmm…” He laughs and grabs his wallet and keys and heads out, making sure to lock his apartment door. As he walked the trail to Genkai's Dojo he could have sworn he was getting checked out by girls AND guys. “Geez. Being me sucks a bit when you get attention to often. Oi.” He mumbles to himself jokingly.
 
 
He finally arrived at the dojo owned by his master, Genkai. He knocked on the door, grinning insanely. Genkai opened the door as expected, and boy did she look surprised! She had told him before that he couldn't go into his Raver form on his own and well look what happened. Well you get the point, back to the story. She quickly recovered though, like normal. “Spirit World?” Yusuke nodded. “Yeah, Grandma. I wanna give `em a surprise visit! Plus I need help changing back.” Yusuke said the last bit a little sheepishly. She gave me a look and motioned for Yusuke to follow her. They made their way to the back of the dojo to a small room where they found Yukina sweeping. She greeted them politely. “Hello Master Genkai and hello Yusuke. How are you?” Yusuke smiled charmingly. “I'm fine, really.” “That's good. I see that you two are busy.” She walked away into the guest rooms and began to sweep again.
 
 
“Okay, Yusuke, you know the drill. Step into the middle of the room and concentrate your spirit energy and picture yourself in front of Spirit World. Well go on.” He looked at her for a minute then walked to the center of the room. He closed his eyes and focused his energy on arriving in Spirit World at the front gates. It was taking a little more time then usual. In fact, Yusuke was getting so bored he was singing to past the time. “I like feathers make me laugh. Laugh until I die and go to heaven. Heaven has angels, Angels have wings. Wings have feathers. I like feathers. Feathers make me laugh. Laugh until I die a go to heaven. Heaven has angels, Angels have wings. Wings have feathers. I like …” He was suddenly free falling. “Hmph. Took long enough.” He does his favorite little mid-air flip and lands safely on his feet in front of the giant gates of Spirit World.
 
 
“Well, I'm here. And here goes nothing.” Yusuke said to no one in particular as he began to walk straight toward the gates. You know. You usually stop walking towards an object when it's not really opening or moving away from you, right? Tell that to Yusuke Urameshi!! Yusuke kept walking toward the gate-doors and as he came nose-to-wall with it he… (A.N: Dramatic pause? Yeppo. Just wanna annoy you a little. ^_~ Tee hee. Alrightie back to ze fic.) faze straight through! As he came out on the other side of the giant doors he stopped dead for a second and looked around. (A.N: We don't want anyone knowing he's here, now do we? I didn't think so. Footnotes are *'s just so ya know.) * When he was certain the ogres were too busy to notice him he got into position to start running. He counted to five in his mind and then, as a blur of black, peach/white, and blue, ran all the way to the main office's outer walls.
 
 
He stood in front of the left outer wall, real close to the corner wall on the other side!** He took one more look around to make sure no one, or thing, was watching. He steadied his breathing and steeled his expression. His blood was coursing through his veins like a kid in a water park slide. He calmed himself down one more time. He looked straight at the wall and took a step through it. * As he did, he felt a strange tingle on his flesh. He came out on the other side safely though. He ran again, this time a white blur only to create the illusion that he was nothing but a traveling apparition. ** He sprinted, which was light speed, behind Koenma's chair with not so much as one of the room's occupants having to double take, by then he was gone. He stopped, dead silent, behind Koenma's chair. He was praying his breathing was just low enough not to be heard. He glanced over at Kurama, who was talking to Ayame about something or another to due with Yusuke. *
 
 
With another quick grin, Yusuke waited for a moment to pick a perfect time to pop out from behind, Binky Breath's, Koenma's chair. He waited silently as Ayame walks through the back wall into records. He watched as Kurama came forward in front of Koenma's desk, and he waited a minute or so longer. “Lord Koenma, don't you think it's a little strange that Yusuke would go through the trouble to contact you, then simply say he's changed his mind and hang up?” Kurama inquired. Koenma did not reply right away. In fact, he waited about a full two minutes to answer. “Yusuke probably had to do something important, though I doubt it. He is not the type to avoid you or me. Trust me, I know.” It was almost time. Countdown anyone? 5…4…3…2… Yusuke popped up from behind Koenma's chair and tackle-hugged a wide-eyed Kurama. “HI KURAMA!!!” He looked at Koenma.
 
 
“And boss.” He finished with a sneer. He went back to hugging Kurama who was staring at him like he had come back from the dead. ** He was smiling proudly as he finally let Kurama go. He leaned over the desk, hair and all, and looks straight into Koenma's shocked hazel eyes. “Betcha' didn't see that comin' huh, Diaper Boy?” Koenma blinked twice, then got angry. “Of course not! You try signing thousands of papers and then all of a sudden having a hug-happy half-breed jump out at your visitor.” Yusuke looked at Koenma for about a split second and the in the most annoying voice. (A.N: You know the one that adults use on babies… Yeah.) “Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the crib today, didn't they? Yes they did! Awe!” Kurama, finally recovered, chuckled slightly at his little joke. Yusuke finally stop laughing at Koenma's unhappy pouting. “Well. Now that I'm over that little show. If you have an missions for me in the near future,” he made the infamous phone gesture with his hand. “Ring me, `Kay? * Or is that to hard for you to do?” Koenma gave him a don't-start-with-me and if-I-don't-get-you-now-my-ogres-will. Yusuke stuck his tongue out and turned away, beginning to leave. Kurama, of course, stopped him. “Yusuke,” Yusuke half-turned his head toward Kurama. “Aren't you forgetting to have us turn you back?” Yusuke sighs and turns around smiling. “Well then, shouldn't you be turning me back about now?”**
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
*“Dear Yarisha, It's time to tell this story from someone else's point of view.” Said a demon that looked some where around the age of 15.
 
A young girl looked up at him from his lap. She seemed about the age of 10. “Why brother?” She looked up at the silver haired, gold-eyed demon.
 
He looked toward her, and inclined his head. “Why? Because…of whom we are speaking of.” He made a gesture of wings then an up lifting of hands toward the sky above.
 
Yarisha looked confused and then suddenly it clicked in her head. She made a sympathetic sigh and rubbed her eyes trying not to cry. “Alright. From who's point of view, Brother?” Her foxtail was wagging animatedly as she questioned him.
 
He blinked as his silver ears twitched. He suddenly smiled at her. “From my best friends point of view.”
 
It was the girl's turn to blink. “Which one? Uh… Hiei?”
 
He smiled again, slyly. “No, my dear sister. Guess again. I introduced him first.”
 
She scratched her head and thought about it for a moment or two. “…It is…possibly…Yusuke?”
 
He grins. “Correct. Let us get on with the rest of this story, shall we? All right than. Let us continue.”
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Yusuke's POV
 
 
I finally got home and I was finally HUMAN again. Ah home, sweet, humanness. Before I could collapse unto my bed, though, the phone rang. I groaned, annoyed to wits end. Damn I hate when people who call after I use up my Spirit Energy. I walk over to the vanity where I had placed my phone last and grabbed it. I flop unto the bed as the phone rings again. “Yeah, yeah. I hear ya.” I press the talk button and speaker button. I let my hand fall unto the bed. “What the hell do you want?” I asked in monotone. “Is this Yusuke Urameshi?” Says an all to familiar voice. “Binky Breath.” I answer with a secret smirk. “I'll take that as a yes. I'll be calling back later. Meanwhile get some rest. I just had to make sure you were home and such. Good-bye.” “He-! Damn it.” Just give me two minutes alone with him. He'll wish he was never born. Grrr. I groan in annoyance and tiredness. “I guess it's time to sleep. Best to rest now before Koenma calls…again!” I fall asleep at what the alarm said was 4:50 P.M and woke up as my phone rings. I grabbed the phone and glace at the alarm. I turn it on and yell into it. “You know you just called 5 minutes ago!” Koenma's voice sounded out of the phone. “I know I know. Please forgive me, Yusuke. I just need to check if your in still every once and a while.” My right eye twitches slight in annoyance. “You know I hate you right? I thought so. Bye!” I turn off the phone before he can reply and then flop back down on my bed. “Good night, self.”
 
 
I begin to say as I doze off again for a second time. This time I had a few hours, 2 and a half really, to sleep before Binky Boy called. I hit the speaker on the phone and as he began to talk I interjected. “I'll do it. Tell me when and tell me where… now quit calling.” I could hear someone gasp in the background, guess they heard me, but it wasn't Koenma. It was probably Kurama, but you never know. I could tell Koenma was a little shocked though when he answered. “Umm… Yusuke a magician needs your help.” I blink in confusion before I answer. “Okay. What does a magician want with me? In fact, what does he need help with?” Koenma hesitates for a minute. “Well… He needs you to help guide him to the villages of Rumiko. He is…err…searching for a god, who can cure all of the earth. Um… This god is rumored to be wondering around Rumiko and other villages.” Oh joy! Not! I can't believe this is my mission. I mean, come on! “Greatttttttt. When are we going?” I hear someone cough in the background as Koenma begins to answer. I hear him say something to the person and call them Kurama. Geez, Kurama is all over the place, isn't he?
 
 
“Well, now would be nice.” My brown eyes widen with annoyance and shock. “What the hell!!?? Now?” I'll tell ya. That was something I did not want to hear just now. “Fine I'll be there soon.” I growl at Koenma. He simply answers in his muffled mafuuken talk. “He wants to meet you on the outskirts of town. Be there soon he says. Enjoy.” Koenma hangs up on me before I can answer. I hang up also and throw the phone at the wall. Where it, promptly, breaks into several pieces. Hm. I need to work out less. Ah well. It was time to meet this guy so we might as well get it over with. I quickly get ready and head out.
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
I sat on the grassless clay ground on the outskirts of town, staring in the direction of Rumiko Village. I had been there for a couple of minutes. I would wager in about 10 or more. I was getting restless already, as I waited for this magician. I see a tall, lean figure walking towards my direction from the corner of my narrowed brown eyes. I act as if I hadn't noticed him and draw up my knees to my chest and rest my head on them. I sit there motionless as the figure draws to a halt beside me and sits down. I remain silent as he begins to speak in a soft, deep voice. “You must be Yusuke Urameshi, my new guide. I didn't expect you to look like you do, considering you work for Koenma that is.” I growl angrily as I stood. I spoke to him in a harsh tone. “You know what. Let's just get this over with. I'm only in this cause I get paid for small jobs. Come on.” As he gets up I turn toward the direction I stared toward before, and began to walk.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Earth.
Most of her land is polluted and dying…
In order to save her, the god `Yusu' was sealed beneath the Genntasu district.
Yusu combined with the Earth, and the Earth began to revive itself.
 
 
We stood in the middle of an almost desert like area. I looked around me for a moment where I stood on a rock. The magician was kneeling on the ground staring at it. He runs his hand over it. “This world is dying. Not even a single blade of grass shows life.” I jump down from the rock and walked toward him. “It was man who polluted our Earth anyway, wasn't it? Look, I really don't have time for some freak history lesson. I'm just taking you to Rumiko for the cash. So, Boss-…” “I am called Yuki.” He corrects me, but I ignore him. “I'm Yusuke.” The sun burns brightly above us as we continue onward. I begin to sweat. “Koenma said that it got real hot after the god was released. Now I see that's true in some ways.” I turn to him and stare at his long trench coat. “God, just looking at you in all those layers is like being in hell. Ugh, I'm dying!” He pulls out a small blue sphere and hands it to me. “It's an Ice sphere. I trust you know how to use one. Considering one of your friends is an ice maiden.” I take it and hold it tightly, letting the cool sensation flow over me as we keep walking. “You really are a magician. I thought Koenma was joking.” I laugh then fall silent and look to him.
 
 
Yusu's body was a balm, to the suffering planet.
However…
 
“Does that mean your really gonna cage this god-person? I heard the village woman say that a female magician freed him before and they ran away together. I thought it was cute at first, but with the world becoming barren, everyone is afraid. Now, they want to lynch them both. At any rate, I doubt you'll find this god in the Rumiko Village. A god in love wouldn't go back to the place of his imprisonment.” I huff and climb over some rocks with the magician following close behind. He almost whispers his response, but I catch it. “He will return. He cannot survive this impure world of ours.” He places some dark glasses on his face and stands straight on the rock. I give an inquiring noise and then answer. “Wait. Won't that be a problem? I mean, what if somethin' happens to him?” I stare toward him with a confused expression on my face and I see my reflection in his glasses. “The god knows that his life is in danger…. He will return.” I sigh sadly and look toward the distant mountains. “It's sad to know that he has to comeback when he escaped to find love. He didn't ask to be locked up, ya know. I bet he was lonely, all by himself.”
 
…The magician charged with Yusu's internment, releasedhim…
 
“Still,” I finish. “…As the Earth's god… you'd think he couldn't just stand by and watch the Earth suffer. So, you're really gonna seal him up, huh? Don't you feel sorry for him?” Later on, we reach the ruins of an old city that I remember to be Genntasu. I groaned. “Damn it. Sheesh! If we'd started earlier, we would have been there by now. It's dark already!” I glare at him, as a chilly wind passes along my back. “If I catch a cold, you're gonna pay me medical bill.” He remains silent and summons a small fireball into his hand and places it on the ground. He smirks at me as I relax and sit by the fire to warm up. He sits down also. “I recall you saying that looking at my layers made you warm.” I glare at him again. “Yeah, yeah. Smart guy. Anyhow, magic is sure handy. It would be awesome to start a fire without sticks and crap!” I smile happily as I begin to warm up a lot. He looks at me for a moment and then points something out. “Compared to our god, who can revive dead planets… a magician is nothing.” I blink silently then begin to shake with silent laughter. He looks at me questioningly. “There's no guarantee…” I grin at him, my eyes dancing with laughter.
 
…And disappeared.
 
“…That you won't fall for our god, ya know? We could have another `god finds lover' scenario. That would be odd!” I laugh slightly. He glares slightly at me. “That is not a possibility. Even if I did love him…or he were my true love, which I doubt… I would only destroy his soul in the end.” I stare at the ground with an unhappy feature playing upon my face. I lower my gaze, ever more so, my bangs hide my eyes. “Hmph. So you're a heartbreaker too, aren't you? My old girlfriend Keiko… ran around with a guy like you. He was born in my hometown city, but his fighting skills were well known throughout every dojo, everywhere. While he was dating her, a dojo made him an offer to become a student and live there, but he couldn't take Keiko with him. Every fighter dreamed of being accepted by that dojo.” I look up slightly and remember the scene of that day. “So, he left, taking up their offer and forgetting his promise to Keiko about staying with her forever. She never did forget about him. It's sad. She's like the heroine in a tragic romance story. I remember her tears. So, most of the time, when I get jobs like this, I'm saving up the money and when I get enough, I'm gonna send her to the dojo to live.”
 
The Earth once again, began to die.
 
He turns his face toward the ground and quietly states his reply. “Yusuke… you have a soft spot for mankind.” I register what he's saying and make an inquiring sound. I blink again though as I answer. “Well, she's my old girlfriend. Of course I have a soft spot for her.” He stays silent at my response. “Anyway…” I continue, as I flop onto my back. “I don't know if Keiko realized this, but… things change as time passes. Ya know, it's kind of like the god and her are in the same boat. Even if the god resacrifices himself and the Earth is healed…if man repeats his mistakes again…just like Keiko, the god will be hurt. It's odd.” Odd. My body feels… The magician speaks. “The god is not Keiko or anyone else you know for that matter.” I groan as a sharp pain shoots up my body. “Urgh!” Wh-Why does… my head feel like it's being cut in half…? “The god…” He continues as I roll over and cough, and cry out in pain. “…Is a brilliant being. One who can love man and forgive his mistakes.” He gets up and walks toward me as I try to sit up. “Ugh! When we get back, you owe me double…” I cough again and cover my mouth with my hand. I feel him grasp my shoulder and hug me against him. He whispers in my ear a name that had a huge impact on me. “Yu…su.” He continued to speak to me as he moved my bangs aside. “You know you can no longer live in that human body.”
 
I gasp and cough at the same time as I call his name. “Yu…Yuki?” “You don't have the proper immune system, Yusu. You're very weak.” I gasp again and blink as he reaches for my forehead. “Yuki…? What are you talking about? Let go of me! Please!” My eyes widen as he comes closer to my forehead his hand glowing blue. “Yuki?!” As his hand touches my forehead I have a vision. A female magician wearing a silk dress and a headdress is staring into the dark night; a full moon behind her. Who…? A bright light emits from the front of the magician and a figure areas in the center of the light. I gasp as I realize the figure is the god we have been talking about. The light settles around the male's figure and he floats down toward the magician. His long hair flowing around him, he opens his eyes and he moves forward to hug the female magician. He placed his head on the magician's shoulder and the insignia of the god appears on his forehead. That's…me? No…no! It's can't be true! How can the god be me?? The god's eyes flash and blood splays across a floor. The god is sitting in the middle of it covered in blood. He pulls a blood-covered hand toward his face and licks it as he transforms into a human with short hair and a face like the magicians. That face…!! The vision stops as I grip my head and groan. “Uuuugh! Ahh!” Tears roll down my face, for some reason I don't know about. I remember…I…I… “Those were the sealed memories of the god. You were only able to last so long because you mixed the forms of you and your lover, by devouring her.”
 
 
He explains to me in an unconcerned voice. I cover my face somewhat with one hand as it all clicks together in my mind. “You're…you're lying! How can that be? You knew from the beginning, didn't you? That's why you and Koenma choose me as your guide.” I smile a saddened smile as I look to him. “…I…see now. What's… going to happen to me now, huh?” I finally sit up on my knees and wait for his answer. “You cannot stop what is already in motion. Should you perish, the Earth will die with you. Not even your beloved Keiko would survive. Is that what you want?” A memory forms it's self in the back of my mind. `Yusuke!' `Yusuke get up it's time for school! Ugh! Yusuke!' `Just five more minutes, Keiko.' The magician stays silent as I think over this. A few stray tears stain my pale face. I bend over and groan as pain shoots through me again; I try to balance myself on one hand. He opens his mouth to speak again. “I promise you…I will…care for your dear Keiko.” I gasp as I look toward him in confusion. I stay silent for one moment and then begin to laugh. You'd better. I guess I have no choice. “Ha aha hah! Just please… don't let her fall in love. A guy like you will only break her… heart … a-again.” He rushes forward and catches me as I faint.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Third Person POV
 
The magician has a sad like expression on his face as he forms a sparkling ball in his hands and is engulfed in flame like blue light.
 
There lives a race of beings…
…Born to restore the balance in nature.
 
The magician begins to chant a sacrificing spell as Yusuke's body begins to float before him.
“ï‰ σï¡ï£ρï©ï¦ï© 39;£ï¥ ï´ï¨ï©σ ï¢ï¥ï©ï®γ ï©ï® ï¯ρδï¥ρ ï´ï¯ ρï¥ï¬ï¥ï¡σï¥ ï´ï¨ï¥ ï°ï¯ï·ï¥ρ ï´ï¯ σï¡ï¶ï¥ ï´ï¨ï¥ ï·ï¯ρï¬δ ïï¬ï¥ï¡σï¥, ï‰ ï£ï¡ï¬ï¬ ïµï°ï¯ï® ï´ï¨ï¥ ï¯ï®ï¥σ ï·ï¨ï¯ ï£ï¡ï­ï¥ ï¢ï¥ï¦ï¯ρï¥ ï­ï¥, ï´ï¯ ï¨ï¥ï¬ï° σï¥ï¡ï¬ ï´ï¨ï©σ γï¯δ ï¡ï·ï¡ï¹ï€® ïŽï¯ï· ï¢ï¥ γï¯ï®ï¥ï€¡ ï†ï¡ρï¥ï·ï¥ï&# 172;ï¬ï€®” * The wind begins to pick up around him.
 
He is onesuch being,
To be sacrificed
For all mankind…
 
The magician closes his eyes and finishes the chanting of his spell stops. A large light shines before him and the young boy's body transforms into that of his former god's self.
 
We call him, Yusu.
Our young god.
 
The insignia of the gods appears on his forehead. His short black hair lengthens to a beautiful dark brown. His body is covered in a long robe-like outfit; the color of blood.
 
His kind cannot survive the impurities of our world.
He devoured his lover and took her form in order to live.
 
The ground beneath the god cracks and vines shoot up and around the god's small orb like cover. He shines brightly and all of the sudden a light shoots up from him into the sky.
 
Mankind and his kind could never coexist…
…Forever…
 
“You've done it, Yuki!” Several people said to him as he walked the streets that day. “Pollution is diminishing all over the Earth!” Koenma said to him, and many ogres asked him. “What took you so long?” Kurama was one of the only ones saddened by our young god's passing. The magician comforted him till he had to leave. Now he stood at the edge of a temple set up to worship certain gods. The magician, named Yuki, opened his mouth to speak to himself. “…He…He loved mankind. No matter how much he denied it.” Many voices spoke to him in his mind, protesting his words. “What? His kind couldn't love mankind! It was he or we. He's not really a god, you know. The real gods gave him to us as a sacrifice.” He smiles to himself. “Oh I don't know. I think… he will always be a great god to me.” The wind picks up and plays across his face. His pony-tailed hair whipping behind him. He smiles again. “Good-bye good friend, till we meet again. Peace be unto you.” We must do what we think is best with the time that is given to us. No matter how short it may be. And that is what you did, my dear god. May your sacrifice not be in vain. Yuki thought to himself. He then turned around and left. The image of the god, named Yusuke or Yusu, appeared then faded out of the sky.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“As of that, our story comes to an end. Did you like that, sister?” The male fox demon said to his younger sister.
 
 
“It was a lovely story, Youko. Though the ending was sad. Yusuke, the god was correct. It is true that Yusuke couldn't just sit around and watch the Earth suffer.” The little vixen said.
 
Youko nods to the vixen and smiles. “I see that aspect of the story was not forgotten.” He laughs lightly. “I am glad you enjoyed it, Yarisha.”
 
Yarisha smiles to him and turns and runs off toward a hut of some sort.
 
Youko follows close behind. “Happy you enjoyed it, yes. But off to bed now that you've had your story! Go on then!!” He says shooing the young vixen off.
 
She giggles and jumps into a soft fur bed in the corner of the hut. “Thank you for the story, Youko.”
 
“Just pray for Yusuke's safe resting, little one. That is all I ask.” He smiles as she nods. He walks out of the hut and takes off into the night, seeking the grave of a long lost friend of his.
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
~Omega. ~
(The end)
 
 
Youko: Moral of story: There are two sides to every soul. Creepy, huh?
 
Yarisha: I hope you enjoyed and grieved the whole way through this story. I thank you for reading it with us as Jin, or Yusuke online, and I wrote it.
 
Yasuo: Please review. Sayonara Minna-san. Didn't like how it finished but whatever.
 
Yusuke: See I'm not totally useless. I hope you enjoyed my fic. Bye Bye!! Oh and here are those footnotes!
 
*Don't you just love scrolling down to mindlessly read my footnotes? No? Ah well, I've got Bartimeus Trilogy-insanity…so…DEAL WITH IT! Hey look CMT is on.
 
**Remember Yusuke's phase tech? Well it comes in handy for many wall-passing stunts.
 
*See? I told you it was useful.
 
**This has it's own advantage. Since no one would care, that is. Traveling djinn always pass through Spirit World or through the main offices. Plus… ^-^ I like djinn!
 
*Isn't this interesting? ^-^ I wonder what they were speaking about…hm.
 
**Ironically he had died…twice! I thought they said you couldn't cheat death twice. Seems like Botan's the slacker.
 
*Who wouldn't die for Yusuke to do this in the TV show? “Ring me, `Kay?” I mean, visualize Yusuke posing like this and saying it to one of his cute guy-friends. It's like seeing Kurama or Youko do the Spirit Gun pose, you just can't see it!
 
**For someone who's asking for help he sure isn't polite about it. Lesson Kids; don't act like a total dipstick when asking for help.
 
*I want you to see if you can guess whom these people are who are talking. If you can't the answer will be at the end of the story.
 
**He's saying. “I sacrifice this being in order to release the power to save the world. Please, I call upon the ones who came before me, to help seal this god away. Now be gone! Farewell.” See I am helpful!