Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ That's What Friends Do or Makai Plants Book One ❯ Kurama's Encounter ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings and disclaimer first chapter
 
Chapter 4: Kurama's Encounter
Kurama's wounds were healing, but Yukina's awareness of the poison caused it to be neutralized first, so Kurama felt all of the pain of his fatal wounds. Despite her patient's screams, she channeled Hiei's life force into him until Kurama was strong enough to refuse the foreign ki by making a barrier of his own. Kurama stood up slowly, towering over the blue-haired girl and the black-haired boy. He winced at the pain of his still-tender wounds and leaned heavily against the tree, trying to avoid hitting his head or back on the rough bark.
Hiei started to talk, but Kurama silenced him with a shake of his head. He reached inside himself, and, finding his true form, transformed. His red hair lengthened and became a gleaming silver, he grew more than a foot, and his emerald green eyes became a light gold.
Youko Kurama stretched, rubbed his healed wounds, and sighed. “Shuichi's body” he said, refering to his human form, “cannot cope with that kind of fight, but I can. That is why I was sealed away. I thank you all for your help.”
“What the Hell happened to you back there?” Hiei asked, “I've never seen you wounded that badly. What did they do to you? Are you all right?” Kurama smiled wanly and said, “Perhaps I should start from the beginning.”
“I stayed at school later than usual to work on a project,” the fox demon with silver tresses explained to the young fire demon. “When I realized how late it was, nearly the time we agreed to meet to train, I made my excuses to my teammates and left. I changed into this form and started running through the forest, but changed back into Shuichi when I felt a human's spirit energy. I resolved to be more careful and started running at a normal human speed…”
All of a sudden, without any warning, a small form had dropped on Kurama, forcing him to his knees. The small demon leaned down and sliced Kurama's stomach open with a nasty looking dagger dripping a blue liquid. The demon, who looked a lot like Hiei but wore camouflage clothing, was quickly killed by Kurama's rose whip once it lost the element of surprise. He saw its soul detach from the body and fly into the trees to his right.
Kurama, his vision starting to blur, sat down a minute and tried to heal himself with his ki. When it did not work, he tried to turn into his demon form and almost panicked when he realized he couldn't even do that. Then he sighed. He put his hand to the wound, wincing and then smelled his bloody hand. “Blue makai root?” he said, recognizing the scent of the herb called “demon slayer.” Wincing again, he realized that they'd used too much. He had to hurry. Good thing he had the antidote. He pulled a seed from his hair. He made it grow rapidly with his ki and took a petal from the orange flower.
 
 
 
TBC…
 
A/N: I'm planning on making this story a trilogy involving the makai plants. Three are poisons and three are antidotes. They are the colors of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple - sorry no blue violet). Would anyone be interested? Please read and review this.
 
A special thanks to my boyfriend who reads all my stories (and school papers even when they involve complicated philosophical terms that I barely understand). He's a real sweetie. Let's have a round of applause for James! Yay!
 
Thanks also to my first reviewer, Kurama's gurl. Don't worry, I wouldn't dream of killing Kurama off. Although he might become TV dead (I'd find some way to bring him back!).
 
Sorry for the shortness - didn't want to stop at a bad point (another cliffie.) I hate to bribe people for reviews, but…if you want more soon (as soon as tomorrow) review, please!