Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Best Feeling In The World ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5
 
After Hiei shuts the door, and I can no longer see him from the window in the front of the house, I start to feel hot tears run down my face. What had I done to make him so angry with me? I told him I was sorry, so why did he leave? Does he hate me that much?
 
I ran up the stairs to my room, flumfted onto my bed, and cried into my pillow. I was so upset. How could life go on? What was the point if Hiei hated me now?
 
The next morning I didn't get up for school. I went down stairs and saw the dishes from the night before. Then I knew yesterday had not been just some horrid nightmare. I could feel tears coming to my eyes again, sents my mother was at work I let them fall, as I went back to my bedroom. I suddenly had lost my appetite.
 
A few hours later, I hear a knock at my door, not that I really care, I walk down stairs to answer. I open the door and am instantly hugged by Hotaru, who has my homework.
 
“Shuichi-kun, why weren't you in school to day? I missed you so much!” Hotaru says as I invite her inside.
 
“I wasn't feeling very well,” I tell her.
 
“Oh. Shuichi-kun you look sad, are you depressed?” she asks grabbing hold of my arm.
 
“Kind of,” I tell Hotaru.
 
“Why?”
 
“Ever had someone rip your heart out and leave you to bleed?”
 
“No, and neither have you because if you had you'd be dead!”
 
“It's a figure of speech, it means I had my heart broken.”
 
“By who? Your friend you told me about, what was his name…'Hiei', right?” as she said that her eyes said that she was over joyed, because now she might have a chance with me.
 
I just nodded. I wanted to cry again, but then Hotaru would want me to cry on her shoulder, so I didn't. Then Hotaru gave me a hug and a smile.