Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Dancer, Mayuri ❯ Christmas Time (note) ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Okay, who wrapped this?” Dark asked as she held up a poorly wrapped present. With a wide grin, Kuwabara raised his hand before Dark hit him over the head. Then she went to Yusuke and hit him in the head also.
 
“What was that for?” Yusuke shouted at Dark who glared at him.
 
“I told you not to let Kuwabara wrap presents!” Dark's eyes twitched no stop.
 
Yusuke clutched his head tight as he whimpered in pain while Dark whipped out some supplies to rewrap the present and in a flurry of bright colored paper and ribbon, the present was wrapped beautifully. “Here you are, Shadow.” Dark said happily as she handed the present to Shadow.
 
“Thanks Dark. Kurama, here is your present.” Shadow passed said person his present and he smiled.
 
“Thank you, Shadow.”
 
“Hey, who gave me this gold cigarette case?” Shizuru asked from the corner where she had been smoking.
 
Keiko raised her hand with a large smile on her face, “Merry Christmas.” Shizuru approached her and gave her a big hug.
 
“Oh my god! This is the most beautiful necklace I have ever seen! Thank you, Yukina!” Botan was shouting as she jumped up and down while holding a box with a white necklace inside.
 
“Where's Kiri?” Yusuke asked and they heard a loud crunching sound. They all turned around to see the bunny girl with her eyes closed tight as she munched on a carrot from the large bag sitting in front of her.
 
“Hm, this one is for me but it has no name to say who it is from. But then again it is wrapped in black paper so I wonder who gave it to me,” Mayuri said as she shot a glance at Hiei who was sitting in the window sill, staring outside. She smirked as she tore open the paper to see a large box with holes in it and opened it to see something at made her eyes go wide. Everyone froze when she did and Koran tilted his head it confusion. “I got…APPLES!!!” Before Mayuri could control herself, she was launching herself across the room to hug Hiei tightly, say, “THANK YOU!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”
 
Hiei didn't move but some could see a slight pink covering his cheeks until she let him go and he once again became indifferent. Mayuri went to the tree and grabbed a long box out from under it and walked back over to Hiei, placing it in his lap before bouncing back to her box of apples, grabbing one and polishing it off before she began to eat them.
 
Hiei stared at the box in astonishment before he began to open it. He was presented with a wooden box and when he opened it, he saw something beautiful inside it. The blade was long, smooth, and shiny but the best part was the handle. The handle was black with a red dragon wrapped around it. There were also strips of leather hanging from it and on the end of the leather strips were red jewels. He gave a small smile that only Mayuri saw before turning back to his window with his new sword in his lap.
 
Yukina smiled as she came in with tea before going over to Keiko to show the brunette the pearl bracelet that Kuwabara had gotten her while Keiko was showing her the new skirt Yusuke got her.
 
Dark smiled as Shadow stood up and handed her a present, “Merry Christmas, Dark.”
 
“Merry Christmas, Shadow.” Dark took the present and set it down on the table before calling attention to the gang. “Christmas is not about presents, it's about family.”
 
Then they all say to you, “Happy Holidays from out family to yours.”