Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Gift The Moon Gave To The Kitsune ❯ The night of the moon child. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The cacophony of screams awoke him from his deep slumber, Sitting up as quickly as possible and dashing to the door was the only answer he returned to the darkness.Reaching the large sliding door of Genkai's temple he rushed outside and into a immense battle between C class demons and a young girl who looked as if she wasn't winning.

Quickly he removed a single rose from his thick ember hair, Brushing the petals lightly under his nose he quickly formed the Rose Whip.Stepping out of the darkness he approached the demons fearlessly."who's there!!" the demons spat as they spun to face the fearless red head who now stood before them.The answer they got in return was silence a single slash was carried out with the flick of his wrist taking the life of four demons instantly.The young girl ran to who she now knew only as her savior, Looking sternly at the final demon remaining Kurama pushed the girl behind him and took a defensive stance in front of the her.

~Who is he~ she thought still hiding behind the boy who had saved her life ~he's so brave~ she paid no attention to her savior now but only how perfect she thought he was.She was lost in her thoughts when she was knocked over by the red heads body.He stood quickly blood now rushing from a deep gash across his chest he breathed harshly holding his whip in attack stance.Striking at amazing speed his whip carried out a series of tweenty slashes in the blink of an eye his wound not slowing him down.~He wouldn't of gotten that wound if it wasn't for me~ the girl thought tears brimming her eyes.His body now covered in thick crimson blood he turned his eyes flashing gold before returning to there loving emerald green.The demons body falling to the ground.

Oh whats wrong" he asked the girl bending over to wipe the tears from her eyes.Sensing another demon in the brush he quickly turned just in time to counter an attack from a B class demon the demon stood eight feet tall and had a long fluffy brown tail and two floppy brown ears that stuck out of black hair that crowned it's head.Jumping forward to attack the demon with several slashes of his rose whip Shuuichi was knocked to the ground by a backhanded punch from the demon.Sitting up quickly he wipped the blood from the corner of his mouth and waited for the demons next attack.Kurama was one to wait for the opposite fighter to attack to find out it's weakness and use it, which usually worked but with the girl farther away from his protective hand he had no choice but to attack and worry about the out come later.The demon realized why the Kitsune was so deep in thought and decided to attack the girl dashing quickly at her.

NOOO! Kurama screamed pushing himself forward faster than he had ever remembered tackling the girl to the ground he recived the full attack of the demon landing painfully beside the girl.The demon flouted above Kurama cackling at the beaten and brused Shuuichi that lay before him.LEAVE HIM ALONE!" the girl shouted trying to protect him the best she could.Oh my dear I don't plan on killing him but tell your friends this is a warning from Lord Kaitome with that the demon disappeard."Lord Kaitome..." the girl whispered to her self until she felt her savior's body fall limp in her arms.Looking down at him she smiled softly ~He's just resting~.She decided he needed medical attention she got up not wanting to leave him there.SOME BODY PLEASE HELP HELP PLEASE!!!!" she yelled her tiny hands cupped around her mouth.

*Genkai's Temple*

Wha....I dont wanta get up....mom five more minutes....." mumbled Yusuke as he turned over in his sleep.He heard the yell again "jeeze I'm getting up...." sitting up quickly he realized it was the voice of a girl.What the hell!" he got up pulled on his blue jeans and was out the door.

HELP PLEASE!!!" ~this is hopeless no one can hear me~ the girl took off her tiny coat placing it over Kurama.Yusuke pushed annoying tree branches away to clear a path ahead of him seeing a blur of red an a tiny figure he increased his speed.Kurama! Yusuke stumbled to his friends side worry written all over his face."Come on Kurama snap out of it wake up!" Yusuke had no idea what to do without his friends healing and Kurama's skills with medication.Gripping Kurama's shoulders he shook him slightly ~come on wake up~ he thought.Kurama's eyes opened slightly peering up at Yusuke he smiled weakly."Yusuke sorry I woke you up...." he spoke softly "please take care of her..." with that he fell unconcious in Yusuke's arms.

The girl peeked over Yusuke's shoulder "is he gonna be alright mister?".Yusuke's eyes softened ~typical Kurama always out to help those in need~ he stood up still carrying Kurama "Yes he will be fine,may I ask who you are" Yusuke spoke smiling down at the girl."I'm Kibara" the girl said cheerfully.walking along side Yusuke.